• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

September Pin Trading event -- WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
September Pin Trading event -- WDW

jdl

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey,

I'm considering attending the upcoming pin trading event in September 2011. I've never been to a Disney Pin Trading event before. For trip planning purposes, I'm wondering how much time I need to allot to the event. Is there still a lot of time to see and do the parks???

Thanks!

If you are a very active trader, then you need to allow extra days for the parks. The events are all day long and we generally don't leave the trading floor. If you are just a casual trader, then you can come early to the event and then leave at the 1/2 way point and do the parks. It's a matter of personal preference. You can do Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in one day, then a day for Epcot and to really "do it right" allow at least a day and a half for Magic Kingdom. It just all depends on who is coming and how old they are, what do you WANT to do and how long can you really take. That's my penny's worth!

Thanks for your post. Could you possibly give me a quick rundown of the normal schedule at one of these events? Is there normally some kind of "kick off" event and then trading floor is open all day long??? Does Disney normally post a schedule in advance of the event?

NO.

There is no time from Thursday to Sunday to do anything except trade. You are not allowed to eat, sleep or use the bathroom. Just trade. Start training now!

Ok, I may be pushing it a little, but if you want the true Sept event experience, this is what I do in Sept. Call me crazy, most ppl do but here we go.

Thursday: Get to the Yacht and Beach for registration at 8:00 am to get in line (registration opens at noon) Trade with the other ppl that got there early. This past year they opened the doors early because they didn't want ppl sitting in the hallway. So, you could actually get a table and trade.

Friday: 8:00 am get to the back entrance of Epcot (I stayed at Beach Club). Stand in line for the drug sniffing dogs. They have drug/bomb sniffing dogs so you don't have to empty your pin bags. Enter the park and stand in line until 9:30 am when they open the door so you can get a table. Then run to the trading boards. Each board takes about 45 minutes to go thru.

Friday Night: 7:30 pm Go to Riverside resort and trade with the CDJPT people until 11:00 pm.

Saturday: Same as Friday minus the night activites

Sunday: ? Because last year they had the Vinylmation event then public day

So, you either need time before or after the event to truly see the parks. :) Hope this helps!

Is Thursday the only day to register? Does it stay open most of the day??? Thanks for helping me out. I don't know how these things work and I'm trying to plan my vacation schedule.

Thursday is early registration. That's when most people register and to be honest, I make most of my better trades that day because after registration ends, it's a regular PTN. You can also register on Friday, BUT, you cannot get past that registration desk to get a table until you get your credentials. So, you stand in that big, long line. Then you have to check all your merchandise. This can take as much as an hour of your day. I highly suggest you register on Thursday since you have from 12 noon to 6 pm. JMHO. :)

Great info Bellecat22! Not to highjack the thread, but if anyone else has any tips for this event please post! I've been trading for years and never been to an event so any info is helpful. :)

Oh, I have one more tip. I have a very good Disney travel agent. I don't know if I'm allowed to post her name but if anyone wants good rates for any Disney event you can PM me and I'll give you her name. :)

Yep that's pretty much what I do also Bellecat22 minus the Riverside trading because it's all I can do to walk back to Broadwalk. Can't come until Thursday afternoon this year. Hope they do the Breakfast and Dinner thing again because I didn't get to go to one last year.
The pin events are alot of fun jdl I think you will enjoy it!!!

I couldn't get into the breakfast or the Illuminations dessert, but after I saw the pins I didn't care. I thought they should have been jumbo pins for the $40.00 price tag. Oh, and I really hope they put the Vinylmation thingy on Thursday morning like they used to do the Figment or Precious Moment breakfasts. I don't care to pay for a 3 day event and only get 2. Pft.

Oh, there are lots of traders from all over the world that wait to take their holiday until September just so they can trade pins. Jacqui will tell you, right Jacqui? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back