• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Shark stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shark stories

pinbum

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tell us your shark stories. Have you ever been sharked?Do you know a shark?Are you a shark?

Funny you should mention, I just made this for my son's birthday this weekend...he's obsessed with them.
719abe1a10e3ea752997d501939e9828.jpg

Sorry...first thing that came to mind! Lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Missed opportunity, you could have put a baby seal in that mouth! ;P

Funny thing...I was going to dangle a person instead of a gummy worm but thought, "no, that might scare the littles." Then when everyone was around it was the littles that wanted to see body parts and blood! Little psychos...lol I put an oxygen tank inside since my son was so interested in how jaws was blown up by one in one of the movies.

Funny thing...I was going to dangle a person instead of a gummy worm but thought, "no, that might scare the littles." Then when everyone was around it was the littles that wanted to see body parts and blood! Little psychos...lol I put an oxygen tank inside since my son was so interested in how jaws was blown up by one in one of the movies.
That's honestly amazing, you now have a group of little serial killers on your hands. XD

Rude of me...to get back on topic, luckily I haven't encountered a shark yet...only through pinpic trade requests if those count. I think I would shy away from in person trading for this same very reason, I'd hate to be pressured into an unfair trade. It's a lot easier saying no over the computer!

Sleep with your eyes open.......

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: The Shark in Finding Nemo AND Jaws were both named after me. Though the timeframe of the two movies is somewhat muddled, I alone am the bloody thread that ties the two together. At one of the pin events, after I ravaged several traders collections, someone shouted "We're going to need a bigger Book!". That was misheard and repeated in Jaws as "We're going to need a bigger boat". :rolleyes: Coincidence? I think not, but I'll let you be the judge. ;)

Oooo I've been waiting for something like this before!! When I was in Cali people tried to shark me alot but I tend to trade very hard for my popular pins so I never let it happen to me.

Someone had the Wendy from the Disney Girls Reveal/Conceal Mystery Set and tried to trade it at a value of $200. I didn't buy it, there was no way an LR pin that small could be worth as much as the Wendy profile. He asked for my Pua and Rolly Cursive Cuties. The trade made me uncomfortable so I passed.

Another time happened at the recent Villains cuties release at DSSH. I didn't get a good number but wanted to trade for the new set. A ton of people were trying to trade away the Honest John because he was the least popular from the set. Someone approached me wanting to trade for my WDI Maleficent Dragon Stained Glass, which at the time was my best trader, so I didn't feel sorry to say no.

If you've been in pin trading long enough, you see yourself become the shark...

giphy.gif

I think my favorite sharks are a certain je ne sais quoi group who claim that any DLRP pins they have are worth at least $50, even OEs.

If you've been in pin trading long enough, you see yourself become the shark...

giphy.gif

I think my favorite sharks are a certain je ne sais quoi group who claim that any DLRP pins they have are worth at least $50, even OEs.

I agreeeee and a common thing I see among Paris traders are the ones who don't sell their pins but will only trade for WDI :mad:

I agreeeee and a common thing I see among Paris traders are the ones who don't sell their pins but will only trade for WDI :mad:
My favorite thing that happened this year with those traders is that my sister offered them a cluster and a postcard (value like $200) for all the OE Japan Stained glass pins, and they said the pins were worth $100 each. Meanwhile, I could just buy it on eBay for $25...

Also, they cut in front of everyone who came in the Epcot entrance at the event this year on the second day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wow. Nice thread. I wonder if any of these post will get removed or if it is ok to talk about somethings...... Lol.

Oh this would be a good time to get that shark at the park pic going again. I think it disappeared after the updates or what not. I still think it would make a great tee shirt.

Also would love to hear some shark stories about people buying large amounts of pins and than having to wait up to a year for them. Possibly not get your pins at all. Those story's help us all right. The point is to help educate each other.
Or how about some stories about the guys that got busted a few years back. It was sad that one was a old cm. my favorite part of my story having yo do with that is...... I meet a cm in DTD that said she would hide her lanyard when he came around. That's cool to know one of the CMs are looking out for the real Disney fans.

We definitely got sharked once or twice in our early days with the kids because of course you must give and LE for an HM.
:) I think in the end the HM was fake. :) We live, we learn.

The Stitch WDI pin is currently listed somewhere for $600. There was a time in my life when that was rent. I could get shelter for an entire month for that amount. (And I am not that old.)

At the pin event, one of my goals was to get a a heroine and her dog pin. Not an upper tier character, but a middle one. Someone was interested, but they wanted the WDI valentine Ariel and a DSSH Ariel Character block. My pins did not sell on eBay for as much as their pin. I try to trade WDI pins one to one, so declined the trade. Which is great, because I just traded that WDI Ariel valentine to somebody on this forum for a pin I really wanted. Much Happier Now.

I had a man at the Epcot tables wanting my uk tangled pin and another uk pin can't remember what that one was but he was telling me his Jerry Leigh pins are really hard to trade and that he wanted 2 of my uk le pins for his 2 Jerry Leigh pins I new he was sharking me and there was even some one there as well even said uk pins are better pins than Jerry Leigh but he wouldn't listen and the day before I went to target and found the pins there that I could of brought and I just walked away from him he tried to make me feel as so I'm stupid and don't know much about pins but I new more than what he thought I did

So definition I was given of a shark: someone making you uncomfortable. This happens all the time... unfortunately. Perhaps more useful thread might be: "techniques for how to deal with a shark". Bottom line for me is to be super nice, smile and extract yourself from the situation as quickly as possible.

At the pin event, one of my goals was to get a a heroine and her dog pin. Not an upper tier character, but a middle one. Someone was interested, but they wanted the WDI valentine Ariel and a DSSH Ariel Character block. My pins did not sell on eBay for as much as their pin. I try to trade WDI pins one to one, so declined the trade. Which is great, because I just traded that WDI Ariel valentine to somebody on this forum for a pin I really wanted. Much Happier Now.
I'm so glad you were able to get one! Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was once told by a shark,this trade is for you not for me and then tried to get my LE pin for his OE pin.He was more of a snake than a shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back