• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Shipping Overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping Overseas?

luvsulley

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Ever since I visited the eBay boards a few years ago, I been wary about shipping overseas. But now I'm thinking that being a "USA" only trader is limiting my pin trading opportunities so can anyone educate me on how to ship overseas? Like do you normally ship first class? Is delivery confirmation available? Which custom form do I use? How do you fill out the value and item parts?

TIA!!

Hi Tia
Shipping is via first class,but you have use air mail stickers and NOW white customs tag,you actually get a copy now..which I really like
Its been taking awhile for shipments to arrive due to the weather conditions and the holidays..but that des not stop me at all
the smaller the LBE the cheaper,just remember to mark it as a gift ...so it goes through customs

Judy

LBE means Large bubble envelope.

I ship mainly to the US and I live in Ireland, If I didnt Id not have half of the pins I have lol

I ship overseas on a regular basis. It is perfectly safe. I have never had a problem and sometimes buy pins for people in Ireland, England, Finland, etc.

I trade all the time and never have a problem. I do tend to make my packages more secure though with lots of external tape so ripping is not an issue. Also, think about who you are sending to because when customs see's more than $40.00 on the form, they tend to take much longer and your receipent may have to pay major duty. Since you cant insure to most of these countires, do them a favor and never put more than $35.00 - $40.00 on the customs form.

Their pins will usually get to you in half the time yours take to get to them. I have gotten tons of my best pins from these people in other countries. It is especially good to have friends in Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc too.

It does limit your trading opportunities & like most others my best trades etc have come via overseas. The customs limit into the UK before being hit with a ridiculous handling & customs charge is £18 - approx $27 at current rate, not sure how it works into the US! Customs label must be filled out, we have to mark each LBE as "Small Packet" & include contact details on the back. We cannot track packages once out of the UK but there are the options to pay extra for "signed for" etc.
Typical delivery is about a week BUT I am having some problems with packages mailed middle of December to members in CA - hope they arrive soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back