• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be concerned?

gary-n-paula

Obsessed with pins
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased this pin on Ebay and received it in the mail today.

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=7910&sid=8808.1307934084.v2

Opening the package I immediately saw that it had the newer black clip on back. In 2001 I'm sure everything was brass right? Should I be concerned? Does this "switch out" devalue it? It wouldn't be the same if I switched it to a new brass back right? Should I ask the seller for a refund or is the pin still as collectable as it would have been with the original back?

Thanks.

Most traders through the parks are switched out of brass with the newer rubber backs. I don't really know the changed backing degrades a pin's value, I don't believe so, but you should contact the seller depending on the price you paid and if it makes you more comfortable. You should be express your concerns especially if you were wanting it MINT.

yes cob is correct most pin traders switch the backs
and if it has been threw a park then a CM would of changed the back
so it happens and i dont think it would effect its value.

Ps.
Ive seen Paula before :) at down town disney
now that i see her signature

Then you have most likely seen her with a guy in a wheelchair. That's me! :D

Hi Paula,
Mirandawrights is correct about a CM changing the pin backs from a brass or silver back to a new Mickey black rubber back. They do not even want brass or silver pin backs when you are trading your pin to them and getting a Mickey rubber back. In the past, I have been asked to keep my brass or silver (because they come in two colors) backs every time I was not getting the same type of backs traded to me. Hope this makes sense.

The brass or silver backs are easily obtained and do not come customized for the pins. So it is not like your back was numbered or marked, which is why I think it does not devalue your pin in any way. In fact, those are cheaper to obtain than the Mickey rubber ones.

It is a cute pin. Enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back