• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
Oh :( I was going to get the Diamond edition for the artwork alone as I loved it (I already have the DVD!) but they've just ruined it for me putting her in pink :( Off to cancel my pre-order on Amazon...

SleepingBeautyDiamondEdBlurayCombo.jpg_rgb.jpg

So apparently Disney changed the cover art for the Diamond Edition of Sleeping Beauty. Its very similar except now Aurora is in her pink dress as opposed to her Briar Rose outfit and you can't see the mountain with Maleficent's castle on it anymore. I still quite like this box art, as it is very beautiful, but kinda wish they had kept the original too.

I think it's safe to say that this seals it that the LE doll will have a Pink dress.

I think it's safe to say that this seals it that the LE doll will have a Pink dress.

I believe it does too. Its a fact of life that people just have to accept; Disney markets Aurora in the pink dress and because of that a lot of her merchandise is going to be with her in the pink dress. While I prefer her in her blue dress, I still think she looks gorgeous in her pink dress. I personally am not going for her limited edition doll, so this doesn't concern me as I am going for the magnificent Maleficent 17 inch doll.

Yeah I couldnt see it either, I did a side by side comparison for you guys so you can see the difference.

Aurora is now in her pink dress with no basket and Maleficent no longer has the forbidden mountain behind her.

14147655861_e0ecdb4b91_c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I couldnt see it either, I did a side by side comparison for you guys so you can see the difference.

Aurora is now in her pink dress with no basket and Maleficent no longer has the forbidden mountain behind her.

14147655861_e0ecdb4b91_c.jpg

It's interesting how the atmosphere has been changed completely by the different details. The left one has a more serious look to it and isn't as 'in your eye' as the right one. I can understand why they changed it, the right one is easily recognizable as Aurora/Sleeping Beauty because of her pink dress and the cover seems overall more friendly and intended towards children...oh well.

In The Disney Store today they had a plush Maleficent Dragon with the new movie stuff. The tag was the animated Sleeping Beauty rather than the new film or the Disney Princess franchise though so maybe they will be getting more new Sleeping Beauty plush in. Unlikely but I'd love a plush Diablo.

I think it had the animated film tag because in the Uk Sleeping beauty comes to bluray next month:) so we will probably get more merchandise for the animated movie were as those in the Us will get it in October when it's released there.

At first I was a little sad they changed Aurora's outfit & they took out Maleficent's Castle but now I'm totally fine with those changes. The only thing I'm really REALLY torn about is the font for movie title of Sleeping Beauty. I wish they kept the original font from the "Sleeping Beauty" cause it still kept it's nostalgic & classic fairytale essence to it. Not saying that the new font for the new cover isn't horrible at all. For me it just kept it's originality for the movie with that certain font. But again I'll probably be over it by the time October comes around. Really looking forward though for the merchandise to come into the stores soon :D

I really like this cover but I guess this does finalize what colour dress she's going to be in! Unless they release 2 of her in the 2 different colours.. But I don't think it will happen

Thanks Polaris for sharing it. I got very curious to see it after reading all those comments :)
I liked the first one a bit better, guess for me the second one is a bit too bright - nevertheless, still a nice cover.

i like the first one more.

i could pick apart the cover because so many little things bother me but it's a good cover.

she is more recognizable but at the same time, it's sort of strange how they chose to portray her.

thanks for sharing the image! c:

The first one looks like it's old or been in sun and fades because it's dull were as the new cover looks bright and new! I prefer Aurora in the pink but wish you could still the forbidden mountain.

I believe it does too. Its a fact of life that people just have to accept; Disney markets Aurora in the pink dress and because of that a lot of her merchandise is going to be with her in the pink dress. While I prefer her in her blue dress, I still think she looks gorgeous in her pink dress. I personally am not going for her limited edition doll, so this doesn't concern me as I am going for the magnificent Maleficent 17 inch doll.

I prefer blue as well, but like you said it just has to be accepted. I just can't wait for pictures of the actual dolls!

I think it had the animated film tag because in the Uk Sleeping beauty comes to bluray next month:) so we will probably get more merchandise for the animated movie were as those in the Us will get it in October when it's released there.

I always thought that the UK based their releases on the US merchandise release dates, so whilst the UK may get some merchandise for their Sleeping Beauty release I do not believe it will be the complete Sleeping Beauty merchandise that Disney is expecting to release at the end of the year during the bluray release.

No I don't think we will get the complete sleeping beauty range early but maybe just come pieces to go along side the movie being released in June. I don't no why they don't just release the movie the same time as the Us if we still have to wait till the fall for merchandise lol doesn't really make sense but I'm guessing it's because of the Maleficent movie that it's being released earlier in the UK

I don't mind if the LE dolls looks like the Blu-ray art, as long as the keep the lines slim and angular like in the film. I really dislike it when Aurora doll dresses have bulky fabrics, like velvet (which can have the right line, but not likely without a significant price jump to afford the right quality) or even brocade. I think a nice satin would work best, maybe even a chiffon overlay, but it has GOT to follow the draping of the film. All these poofy skirts and think bodices don't look like Aurora to me. Blue would be better, but pink is fine as long as she looks graceful and beautiful, hopefully Disney learned their lesson with the less than stellar execution of Cinderella's LE.

I like the new cover better, but I would rather have the doll in the Briar Rose dress. Maybe the plan is Briar Rose in the designer set and the pink dress in the 17" doll version? Looking at my 17" dolls, there is a lot of blue, so maybe pink is a good thing. I just really want them to get her face right and her hair color.

I like the new cover better, but I would rather have the doll in the Briar Rose dress. Maybe the plan is Briar Rose in the designer set and the pink dress in the 17" doll version? Looking at my 17" dolls, there is a lot of blue, so maybe pink is a good thing. I just really want them to get her face right and her hair color.

Her hair is gonna be just like Cinderella, bright blonde.
Face will be just like the faces of the classic dolls unfortunately.

As for the hair... No body knows... But I can see disney's trash overflowing of empty hairspray cans.

They never give Aurora bright platinum hair like they do Cinderella. Auroras classic doll and designer both have golden blonde hair so I'm sure the LE will have golden hair and not the same as Cinderella's. I actually like the classic doll face. I just hope they get the curl in Auroras fringe right and don't make her dress big and poofy.

They never give Aurora bright platinum hair like they do Cinderella. Auroras classic doll and designer both have golden blonde hair so I'm sure the LE will have golden hair and not the same as Cinderella's. I actually like the classic doll face. I just hope they get the curl in Auroras fringe right and don't make her dress big and poofy.

I totally agree. I think the Classic doll face has really improved on the Aurora dolls from the last few years and the hair color is better than the SB dolls of the 90's - I really do hope her dress is draped nicely!

Yes, I am more concerned about that curl on her bangs than the rest. I have the classic doll......lets just say I really just want to take a pair of scissors to that curl

When do you think we will see either the designer couples Aurora or the LE Maleficent/Aurora? I hope a leaked image is too far away! Which will we see first?
I'm so excited for these dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back