• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
I'm so excited just seen leaked images of the art of Aurora mugs! Can't wait to see the full collection!

photo credit to the tumblr page

Last edited:
They do look really good, I especially like the Maleficent one with Diablo! Wonder what else will come out of the "Art of Aurora" collection.

I don't understand why maleficent is in that mug, when it clearly says: art of aurora..

I bet there's gonna be:
Shirts
Notecards
Lithographs
Jewellery

I don't really like the aurora on that mug... It doesn't really resembler her :/
Still gonna get the mug for my sister though.

I don't no why shes on it either but I'm betting shes on a lot of the art of Aurora merch, as she is arguably more popular than Aurora. I hope we get a plate like the Ariel one.

I do really like the maleficent mug though! I agree though the Aurora one isn't as nice as it doesn't really look like her. But then the Ariel images used didn't look like her either, much more like artist impressions.

Excited to see the full collection though.

Last edited:
I agree though the Aurora one isn't as nice as it doesn't really look like her. But then the Ariel images used didn't look like her either, much more like artist impressions.

I guess it's because Ariel design wasn't really hat stylized to begin with.
Aurora's design is very stylized, so seeing her in a different style is kinda weird. lol.
But definitely interested in the designs. I only really liked one of the Ariel designs last year, so we'll see how things go with this.

auroradesignsvsauroramug_zpsf16d6fc1.png

Actually, I think the Aurora mug art looks a lot like some of Aurora's sketches/designs.

Last edited:
Looking forward to my small Sleeping Beauty collection to grow larger. Very lovely looking pieces. Thank yous to the photo poster. ~Those two starlets are my top Disney favorites. Something about that movie just really makes it the ultimate fairy tale. I.M.O. The art style in the classic cartoon is so beautiful, it really adds to the romance. Not to take away from any of the other Disney Masterpieces, as they all have there own special qualities. Have a great day all. ~Aloha :stitch:

I'm so excited to see Aurora merch of her in her Briar Rose outfit! I'll definitely have to snatch some of it up when it's released.

Hm, I scrolled back a few pages but couldn't find any pix of the plushies in the link below:

http://radiodisneyclub.fr/merchandising-belle-bois-dormant/

I love the owl plush, but I don't really collect them. I'm curious to see if there'll be any SB DAC dolls this year.

Those are some pretty nice plushes! I LOVE the owl one! But I gotta agree that I don't really collect plushes myself, but I really wanna pick up the owl and the three good faeries. And a giant dragon Maleficent plush that doesn't cost a fortune would be amazing too.

Does anyone think we will get a doll set with Aurora, Phillip, the three good faeries, Maleficent, and some extra accessories? We got one with Cinderella and The Little Mermaid so this made me wonder. If they do make one, I hope they give Maleficent her staff and Diablo and give Aurora all three of her dresses.

The article also mentioned a plush of the rabbits in prince Phillip's Boots!

Anyone else thinking that they might actually release the entire set? Would make an amazing display.
Technically, All we'd need are the two birds.
SLEEPINGBEAUTY-Photo2sb_c_491.jpg

auroradesignsvsauroramug_zpsf16d6fc1.png

Actually, I think the Aurora mug art looks a lot like some of Aurora's sketches/designs.

It is part of an Art of Aurora series, sort of like the Art of Ariel series that they had last year, so a lot of the work will be artist renditions of Aurora and this must just be one of those renditions. Last year we got three different Ariel mugs so im guessing this year it will just be these two in the series? One featuring Aurora and another Maleficent using the same style. It will be interesting to see what other Art of Aurora merchandise we will be getting.

Yeah I couldnt see it either, I did a side by side comparison for you guys so you can see the difference.

Aurora is now in her pink dress with no basket and Maleficent no longer has the forbidden mountain behind her.

14147655861_e0ecdb4b91_c.jpg

I do believe the UK are getting the Briar Rose artwork on the DVD which is released here on Monday. It isn't the Diamond Edition though, it's just a re-release.

Who's getting the blu ray on Monday? I have the platinum but excited to get the new bluray! So confusing seeing both artworks so will the uk get briar rose and the US get the pink?

Who's getting the blu ray on Monday? I have the platinum but excited to get the new bluray! So confusing seeing both artworks so will the uk get briar rose and the US get the pink?

HMV had the boxes instore today with pre order promo stickers on them and they all featured Briar Rose which is the stock photo on Zavvi also. I have a picture on my phone but I'm not sure how to post it on here. Would like to get the pink one in the future, I have quite the collection of DVDs, Blu rays and steelbooks

Does anybody know when the Disney Store will be putting up their pre-order for the diamond edition of Sleeping Beauty? A lot of places have started accepting preorders including the Disney Movie Club. I want to preorder from the Disney Store because of the lithographs (if they are good of course) that they usually release with their new releases like this.

Does anybody know when the Disney Store will be putting up their pre-order for the diamond edition of Sleeping Beauty? A lot of places have started accepting preorders including the Disney Movie Club. I want to preorder from the Disney Store because of the lithographs (if they are good of course) that they usually release with their new releases like this.

I would say sometime next month.
I, too, am excited for the lithos! They should be great!
I love that Disney now only releases one version of the blu-ray.
I still have 2 copies of BRAVE cause I really wanted the lithographs and I wanted the 3D version. >__<

I would say sometime next month.
I, too, am excited for the lithos! They should be great!
I love that Disney now only releases one version of the blu-ray.
I still have 2 copies of BRAVE cause I really wanted the lithographs and I wanted the 3D version. >__<

Okay thanks! I figured it would have to be soon because of other sites having pre-orders up. Don't they usually also start putting out merchandise for the movie once it goes up for pre-order? I really hope the lithographs are good! The past few sets have been pretty meh. Especially Frozen's, which was a huge missed opportunity.

And I totally agree with them only releasing one version lol. It made the decision making conflicting.

Ugh! I really do hope that the lithos are good this time around. I want one that is spot on perfection of just Maleficent (one for the cartoon and one for when the love action movie comes out)
I already have Sleeping Beauty on DVD, I need that incentive to buy it again in BluRay and from the Disney Store. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back