• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
Ugh! I really do hope that the lithos are good this time around. I want one that is spot on perfection of just Maleficent (one for the cartoon and one for when the love action movie comes out)
I already have Sleeping Beauty on DVD, I need that incentive to buy it again in BluRay and from the Disney Store. :p

You know. You could usually get the lithographs for $8 on eBay if you don't want to spend $25 on the bluray

Little question - i'm not sure whether the date for the LE dolls for Sleeping Beauty have been announced or muted but does anyone know? I ask...because my partner has booked holidays (to Disneyland Paris) around the end of October. Will the LE Maleficent/Aurora come out in July (as i've seen mentioned before) or October..

Last edited:
Little question - i'm not sure whether the date for the LE dolls for Sleeping Beauty have been announced or muted but does anyone know? I ask...because my partner has booked holidays (to Disneyland Paris) around the end of October. Will the LE Maleficent/Aurora come out in July (as i've seen mentioned before) or October..

The pre-order will probably be in the middle/end of July. However, as in past pre-orders, it will likely be for Aurora only.
You can pick up your doll (and any surprise releases) on the day of the Diamond release, October 7th.

The pre-order will probably be in the middle/end of July. However, as in past pre-orders, it will likely be for Aurora only.
You can pick up your doll (and any surprise releases) on the day of the Diamond release, October 7th.

Thank you for sharing that information with me! Based in the UK so don't get the opportunity of pre-ordering the products..alas. So will have to wait for October.

Read these rumours on tumblr and while they are rumours the site claims they are from various significant sources. Thought would post as it's Intresting but no idea if it's true! Personally I think 4 dolls is a lot all at same time.
There will be two Auroras: one in a pink dress and one in a blue dress
Maleficent will be LE 5000
Phillip will be LE 3500

I hope the LE size for Maleficent is true. I'm surprised Philip would get such an edition size. I don't know if I would want 2 Auroras... even though I caved and bought both versions of the Frozen dolls. I'd prefer the pink just because she'd stand out among the collection.

If it's true, I am very anxious to see Prince Phillip. The hair will be interesting . . . it will either me amazing or botched. But, same with Aurora . . . I love seeing the actual dolls after speculating for awhile. Can't wait to see! And I am sure Prince Phillip's outfit will be awesome! (hopefully with a sword, hat, cape, boots, etc, or like the outfit he wore in the end of the movie!!!!!)

I too hope the edition size for Maleficent is true. Does seem odd they would give Phillip a higher edition size than Eric. And I too don't no if I would want two Auroras. The frozen ones were in different outfits so that was ok but having two Aurora exactly the same apart from the dress colour seems a bit silly. But at least we will have a choice on what colour we prefer. I too would get pink as it does stand out more.
But they are just rumours so will have to wait and see.

Or perhaps this mashup to make everyone happy?

sleeping-beauty-85.png

Kidding aside, if the rumor was true, I'd go with the blue version.

I hope the rumors are true. I would buy all three (with blue Aurora). I wonder if the Aurora doll´s are split between blue and pink would you able to buy both? Or is there a limit anyway in if you shop online, I do not know. But it would be good business for Disney and fun if there was two different color Aurora´s. Both would be wanted by the fans who like different colors so the doll would sell pretty fast.

But if I would be able to get a blue Aurora (I still do not believe this, I am not letting myself to get disappointed but still I am planning for this) maybe I should trade my Snow Queen Elsa to Coronation one. But if I would not able to get Maleficent and Phillip the blue blondes would frame Anna nicely however.

Maybe (if this rumour about pink and blue is true) we don't get to choose but will get blue or pink randomly?

If the information regarding the Sleeping Beauty limited edition dolls is true, then that is pretty interesting. I am surprised that Disney would actually make two versions of Aurora outside of a D23 Expo year! They must know how big of an issue this is for a lot of people regarding the dress color, so they wanted to make two versions. Personally, while I do like the blue dress more, I find the entire argument to be rather silly. Aurora is beautiful in either pink or blue in my opinion. I am actually one of those people that prefers her briar rose dress above all the others lol.

I only plan on getting Maleficent, so I hope that size number is true! That gives more people a better chance of getting her.

Read these rumours on tumblr and while they are rumours the site claims they are from various significant sources. Thought would post as it's Intresting but no idea if it's true! Personally I think 4 dolls is a lot all at same time.
There will be two Auroras: one in a pink dress and one in a blue dress
Maleficent will be LE 5000
Phillip will be LE 3500

I wonder how Disney would do the split between the pink and blue Aurora, personally a 50/50 split makes sense so 2,500 of each color. Also it would be interesting to see if both dolls will be available for pre-order. I guess it makes sense that it would because if not people will not have the choice to choose one over the other and it may upset people especially if they cannot compare the two. Also it would be horrible to have to try and get three LE dolls at the same time due to them all being released at the same time. Even though I know they did this with the TLM release last year in the UK they have never had a release in the US before where three dolls were released at the same time.

I am hoping that we will get some official details on the dolls pretty soon as we are nearing the date when it is expected to come out for preorder, for at least Aurora that is and we will probably have to wait another 3-4 months for more details on Philip and Maleficent.

The preorder for the bluray should be coming out the same time as the preorder for the Aurora dolls so I would say early August. Last year TLM was released Oct 1 with the preorders out on Jul 29, this year the bluray is coming out a week later on Oct 7 which means that it should be the first Tuesday of August if the Disney Store was sticking to the same release pattern.

It is getting rather exciting that we are nearing doll season again. Hopefully everyone is able to get the dolls that they want during this years release.

Maybe (if this rumour about pink and blue is true) we don't get to choose but will get blue or pink randomly?

This would be ok if you were buying pins or vinyls at around $20 each but these are $119 plus tax items so it would not be appropriate of them to charge that much and not give people the choice to choose which doll they wanted.

I would hazzard a guess in that you will be able to select the one that you want and that each are their own individual item i.e will have their own web page.

I do wonder though will both dresses appear to be different? i.e have some minor differences to them? Or will they be exactly the same but with different colors, sort of like the D23 designer variants?

I sincerely hope they won't do that.

Reading about this release, my expectations are slowly shrinking. I don't know why, it's just this feeling I have. I'm way more excited for the designer couples and I think I'll stick to those.

Looks like we have a great doll season coming up!! Can't wait =) Now, to make room for everything!!

Although I won't be purchasing the LE Sleeping Beauty dolls, I still like looking at the designs and pictures of them. I kinda hope they do a dress with the fade like above, I know they did it for the Couture de Force figurine and I think it would be unique and pretty! The top portion could be pink in order to stand out from all the blue tones of the previous dolls, but then slowly fade into the blue. You'd get some purple in there too, so definitely a very unique doll colour-wise! Really interested to see how Phillip will turn out as well- I wasn't a fan of how they made Eric look. Personally I liked Phillip better than Eric in terms of characters, Phillip was definitely funnier!

Although I won't be purchasing the LE Sleeping Beauty dolls, I still like looking at the designs and pictures of them. I kinda hope they do a dress with the fade like above, I know they did it for the Couture de Force figurine and I think it would be unique and pretty! The top portion could be pink in order to stand out from all the blue tones of the previous dolls, but then slowly fade into the blue. You'd get some purple in there too, so definitely a very unique doll colour-wise! Really interested to see how Phillip will turn out as well- I wasn't a fan of how they made Eric look. Personally I liked Phillip better than Eric in terms of characters, Phillip was definitely funnier!

that is beautiful!

whilst I initially thought this would be a great idea if you noticed for the previous dolls Disney on my ever put the princesses in a dress year they wore in the movies.

not once in the movie did they put Aurora in a pink AND Blue dress, it was either one or the other.

I agree that a dress like the couture De force figure would have been nice but I think doing something like that would detract away from the movie.

whilst I initially thought this would be a great idea if you noticed for the previous dolls Disney on my ever put the princesses in a dress year they wore in the movies.

not once in the movie did they put Aurora in a pink AND Blue dress, it was either one or the other.

I agree that a dress like the couture De force figure would have been nice but I think doing something like that would detract away from the movie.

Huh, I never thought about it like that. I always thought that her dress was like that towards the end when Flora and Merryweather were changing it back and forth, but thinking back on it I think they just faded out the whole dress and replaced it with the new colour really quickly. I guess I need to rewatch that movie (I like Sleeping Beauty but haven't watched it as much as the others simply because growing up the Maleficent fighting Phillip scene always terrified me). I do like that they would offer two different colours though, seeing as she wears both colours in the movie I always feel like the merchandise sort of lets down half of the fans if they stick to just one xD Personally I like her in blue but I agree that so many of the LE dolls have blue or blue toned dresses. But then again if someone were to only collect the Aurora doll and they don't like the pink dress, you don't want to leave them out! Gah, I think I get too sympathetic over the fans' wants and needs haha :p

Just recieved the blu ray for Sleeping beauty because the only other copy I have is the Platinum dvd and I wanted a blu ray version. I love the art work with Maleficent and Briar Rose. From my understanding the Us will get Aurora in pink on the cover.

Got to say I love the art work and the picture quality on the blu ray is stunning but why does it have the same trailers from the platinum! Advertising princess and the frog at Cinemas and Pinocchio on platinum dvd lol You would have thought they could put new trailers on this one.
Also what's with the title screen! It's sleeping beauty's castle with snow falling down and the sound of wind and jingling bells:s why would sleeping beauty have a winter themed title screen haha.

Huh, I never thought about it like that. I always thought that her dress was like that towards the end when Flora and Merryweather were changing it back and forth, but thinking back on it I think they just faded out the whole dress and replaced it with the new colour really quickly. I guess I need to rewatch that movie (I like Sleeping Beauty but haven't watched it as much as the others simply because growing up the Maleficent fighting Phillip scene always terrified me). I do like that they would offer two different colours though, seeing as she wears both colours in the movie I always feel like the merchandise sort of lets down half of the fans if they stick to just one xD Personally I like her in blue but I agree that so many of the LE dolls have blue or blue toned dresses. But then again if someone were to only collect the Aurora doll and they don't like the pink dress, you don't want to leave them out! Gah, I think I get too sympathetic over the fans' wants and needs haha :p

If you watch the movie again look at the end of the movie and you will see that the color of the dress changes from pink to blue and vice versa. There is no fading or point where the dress has both blue and pink. This does happen when they are making the dress but never whilst Aurora is wearing it.

Its tough because I always tell myself to not bother posting on here anymore but I am always drawn to for some reason. Maybe it would be a good thing to put dpf on a break as I noticed I keep buying pins from here during the doll hiatus season and it is all because of this website! Lol

ahh well they will be releasing the Sleeping Beauty LE for preorder soon so that will keep me preoccupied for a bit! :)

Last edited:
Just watched Sleeping beauty again and as you said Polaris their is no fade between the colours it just goes blue straight into pink. It only fades as they are making it. I do hope we get the choice in colours for LE dolls or just one colour and not a combo of both.

And Polaris I hope you don't ever stop posting on here as I for one love reading your posts!

Just watched Sleeping beauty again and as you said Polaris their is no fade between the colours it just goes blue straight into pink. It only fades as they are making it. I do hope we get the choice in colours for LE dolls or just one colour and not a combo of both.

And Polaris I hope you don't ever stop posting on here as I for one love reading your posts!

Thanks Matthewlondon but did you see the Frozen WDW Pins! LOL. I would not have known about them were it not for this forum and now I want them but I know they are going to be so expensive haha. So I'm going to have forego them which is disappointing but as a silver lining that leaves me with more money for dolls! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back