• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
I'm hearing 17" Aurora info will be officially announced coming Monday/Tuesday(21/22) and pre-order most likely the following Monday/Tuesday(28/29) but that she'll only be in pink??? Hearing that blue will only be available once again as Harrod's set. I thought she was supposed to be released split between blue and pink?? :sad:

I'm hearing 17" Aurora info will be officially announced coming Monday/Tuesday(21/22) and pre-order most likely the following Monday/Tuesday(28/29) but that she'll only be in pink??? Hearing that blue will only be available once again as Harrod's set. I thought she was supposed to be released split between blue and pink?? :sad:
Nothing is "supposed" to happen as everyone is just guessing and rumouring, at the moment. Disney will announce her probably soon enough and then you'll know. Some people say it's possible she'll be released in pink and blue. You'll know for sure soon.

So I was browsing the internet trying to find out information on if the Art of Aurora pin that the UK is getting July 31st would be coming to America (and having no bloody luck with that information) when I happened to stumble upon this.

http://www.disneystore.com/art-of-aurora-collection/mn/1021601/

Now this really isn't that big of a deal obviously, but the Disney Store already has a web address made up for the Art of Aurora collection. If you click on it, it takes you to the Disney Store website and to the section, but there is no merchandise there yet. I am wondering if this means the Disney Store plans on revealing the Art of Aurora collection soon. Seeing the limited edition 17 inch doll is supposed to be revealed this week (at least according to rumors) and that the Art of Aurora pin is being released in the UK on July 31st, I can see the whole Art of Aurora collection being not that far behind.

She is gorgeous! I an seriously debating on getting her now. I, like most people, would have prefered her in the blue dress, but she is still so well done and beautiful. Really surpised not that many people are complaining about her being in pink here on the forums, as the comment sections on some Facebook walls are filled with them.

Actually, I don't really mind the dress color as Elsa and Cinderella are already in blue, and she'll be the first doll in the collection in a pink dress. I'm not crazy about her face, but she's still lovely and I definitely plan on getting her if I can!

Still a bit iffy on the face, but I'll hold judgement there until better images or seeing her in person. Most Aurora dolls look like Barbies to me anyway. Hair looks good, and while the cape is odd and it's the wrong color, it's not bad. Definitely need to see more. Not completely in love yet, but I expected to be hyper critical about her anyway.

For the fun of it:

MAKE IT BLUE!!!
aurora.png

Last edited:
I actually think she looks better in pink! I am super happy with her, she's stunning one of my favourite LE dolls. Facially I don't think any are 100% apart from Elsa,Anna and Merida. People always say she looks like barbie but Cinderella, Alice look more barbie to me.

Over all super happy! Was worried the dress would be too simple like the designer one but love what they have done.
Now the long wait till October:(

Still a bit iffy on the face, but I'll hold judgement there until better images or seeing her in person. Most Aurora dolls look like Barbies to me anyway. Hair looks good, and while the cape is odd and it's the wrong color, it's not bad.

Those are her sleeves, not a cape! On the original pink photo you can see her hair showing through between her arms and her waist but in the photo-shopped versions that gap has been infilled with colour for some reason :)

Last edited:
Those are her sleeves, not a cape! On the original pink photo you can see her hair showing through between her arms and her waist but in the photo-shopped versions that gap has been infilled with colour for some reason :)

Maybe due to the shadowing causing her hair to blend in a bit with the bodice unless one really stares at it. If you notice, a lot of the material they used is actually reflecting the light quite a bit, causing something of a pink glow around her. And they STILL look odd regardless. ;p

aurora1.png

Happy now? ^_^

Last edited:
That picture makes me sad because it looks better than the pink one lol

To be completely honest... While I prefer blue over pink... I think that this dress was made to be in pink. It just doesn't fit with the blue color scheme.

Much prefer pink! Especially on this dress. If they had gone for a more gothic look with the spinning wheel as her background then I'd say blue. But this dress was made to be pink and it's stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back