• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
It let me add it for a split second.:anxious:

This does happen when they come up momentarily, although everyone around the US can also add it so at that point it's a 1 giant race to who can fully checkout first. I was able to snag 1! Which will be for trade (possibly auction...still deciding).

Welp... The art of Aurora was a massive disappointment for me... when compared to the art of ariel.. But the stuff we got as kinda cool.
I just didn't really care for the art at all. It felt like it was all done by Steve Thompson and it didn't have the uniqueness of ariel's collection last year.

I was kinda shocked that they only released one mug per character and no shirts at all!
The lithographs were a rip off because of the price. $39.99 for just 3 is not fair.
I thought they would have more stuff with maleficent since she was on that one mug, but it looks like I was wrong.
The jewelry box was beautiful!

The Snow Globe's base looks absolutely stunning. I kind of wanna get it for myself but it's a bit too girly. :)

The vinylmation release was a big surprise.. Did not think they would come out today, i thought it was going to be on Friday.

Overall, it seems like this will be all the sleeping beauty merchandise we're getting. Not too happy, but anything is better than nothing. Especially for Walt Disney's biggest flop of all time.

So did I sadly. I was able to get the Lithographs though. If Steve Thompson didn't do the lithographs, I probably would have passed. I got the mugs and journals as well. Hopefully I can get the snow globe next week when I get paid. Not sure if I care for the jewelry box but its Steve Thompsons work on the box, might have to splurge... I just adore his work.

I am really REALLY tempted to buy the lithograph set because I am a huge fan of the artwork too. I am not quite sure yet if I wanna buy the set or not, but its a beautiful set regardless.

Welp... The art of Aurora was a massive disappointment for me... when compared to the art of ariel.. But the stuff we got as kinda cool.
I just didn't really care for the art at all. It felt like it was all done by Steve Thompson and it didn't have the uniqueness of ariel's collection last year.

I was kinda shocked that they only released one mug per character and no shirts at all!
The lithographs were a rip off because of the price. $39.99 for just 3 is not fair.
I thought they would have more stuff with maleficent since she was on that one mug, but it looks like I was wrong.
The jewelry box was beautiful!

The Snow Globe's base looks absolutely stunning. I kind of wanna get it for myself but it's a bit too girly. :)

The vinylmation release was a big surprise.. Did not think they would come out today, i thought it was going to be on Friday.

Overall, it seems like this will be all the sleeping beauty merchandise we're getting. Not too happy, but anything is better than nothing. Especially for Walt Disney's biggest flop of all time.

There are actually 5 lithographs, 2 are surprises. I bought them just because I adore Steve Thompson and am hoping the last 2 are designed by him.

With that being said, I was disappointed in the collection as well. It is a lot smaller than the Ariel collection. I was really hoping for a sweatshirt, note cards, and pen. I really love Steve Thompsons work so I am glad the collection seems to be designed just by him. That being said, I wish there was more variety in it. This collection just seems small. I get Aurora is not as popular as Ariel but Disney could have done better.

That being said, I just dropped $90 on this collection so while I wish there was more merchandise, my wallet it happy there is not.

I am really REALLY tempted to buy the lithograph set because I am a huge fan of the artwork too. I am not quite sure yet if I wanna buy the set or not, but its a beautiful set regardless.
I recommend calling your local Disney store to see if they got the lithographs. I know my store gets them and they never sold out quickly. The designer couples lithographs from last year went on clearance at my store. If you decide you want them but they are sold out online (which I personally think will take some time), you can probably get them in store.

Last edited:
I recommend calling your local Disney store to see if they got the lithographs. I know my store gets them and they never sold out quickly. The designer couples lithographs from last year went on clearance at my store. If you decide you want them but they are sold out online (which I personally think will take some time), you can probably get them in store.

I am so tempted to buy them now, because I had no idea there were two mystery lithographs included. Yeah its the same with my store, because they had the Designer Couples lithographs a long time after the dolls and other merchandise had sold out. So I dunno if I should wait and see what the other two lithographs are, or if I should just buy it now and be surprised lol.

Eh.. I don't buy these lithographs for myself and my sister said that she doesn't want them. So I don't care that much about these... However I am much much more interested in the two mystery ones. Maybe it was better if they put two black lithos with question marks on them...

I'm just so glad about the vinylmation set. This is actually the only sleeping beauty merchandise that I can buy. :D

On the DS.fr, we can see one of the mystery lithograph (designed by Steve Thompson as well) :
410040405923-3

I am a little bit disappointed by this serie of merchandising Art of Aurora. After the Art of Ariel, I was expecting a lot more than what we have. Althought, I am glad that we can afford it in France as the Art of Ariel never cross the sea.
I am not please by the art of Steve Thompson only, I loved the diversity of Art in the Art of Ariel, we can discover her in a lot of new ways...I don't see here Art of Aurora but art of Steve Thompson (I love his art, but still).

Last edited:
I do agree with MadEye. This collection seems more like an Art of Steve Thompson than aurora.
Maybe it should have been advertised as "Steve Thompson's Art of Aurora"

I actually do like the Art of Aurora collection but do prefer the Ariel one. Trying to figure out a few pieces to get from this collection but don't no what:/. Think the jewellery box is very pretty but I wouldn't know what to do with it lol! The ornaments and snow globe are very nice but a bit pricey considering I don't collect those.
Maybe I should just get the litho graphs and mugs. Really wanted the journals but cant find them on the UK site.

On the DS.fr, we can see one of the mystery lithograph (designed by Steve Thompson as well) :
410040405923-3

I am a little bit disappointed by this serie of merchandising Art of Aurora. After the Art of Ariel, I was expecting a lot more than what we have. Althought, I am glad that we can afford it in France as the Art of Ariel never cross the sea.
I am not please by the art of Steve Thompson only, I loved the diversity of Art in the Art of Ariel, we can discover her in a lot of new ways...I don't see here Art of Aurora but art of Steve Thompson (I love his art, but still).

That is also a piece of art that is on the US banner for the Art of Aurora collection, so I figured it would probably be one of the secret lithographs. Now we just need someone to find out what the last one is. I was thinking it may be Maleficent seeing she is part of the Art of Aurora collection somewhat. But in a set entirely focused on Aurora I guess she would seem out of place.

Yeah, I would've liked a journal. Nice to see we got some of the collection - we had very little of Ariel's. :) Tempted to buy one of the mugs or the pin if it's even possible, but at £30... might save for the Aurora doll.

I love the sketches on the lithographs.

Missed the pin :( I wish they had released more stuff for this collection. I collect the limited costumes for my girls and I was surprised they didn't have one for Aurora. I am hoping they are just releasing it later than they released the Ariel one.

Don't collect pins but would have loved this one, but tbh I didn't even try as they are far too hard to get. Thankfully after the Sleeping beauty LEs dolls I won't have to keep trying in future as they are the only ones I want.

I decided to get the jewelry box and journals ^^ (I'm having a lot of stuff waiting at a shipping agency in the US, so it was a good chance to throw in these items as well, since the shipping to Japan for these few items would kill me - around 60 USD)
Thought about the Aurora mug, but I don't have any of the previous mugs, so it would just take up space having to find a place to display a single mug. Guess my collection is also mostly focused on dolls.

I adore Aurora, Sleeping Beauty in whole. I've been dreaming of this time to buy about everything and anything SB Related. Though I'm slightly... Disappointed? Don't get me wrong, I love what they have released, but so far nothing has caught my attention from the Art of Aurora line. Only comparing to the Ariel line not too long ago, I wish we would have gotten a tad more variety. Though, I'm very thankful for everything they have made. Tonight I'm going to try to get LE Aurora, my first LE 17 doll. I'm beyond nervous!

Got the mugs, the journals set and the snow globe at the store this morning when I went to preorder my doll. The mugs are gorgeous! The snow globe is nice as well but when I opened the box, there was a mark on the base of the globe, so I may return it. Was tempted by the lithographs but decided to pass as I'd already spent way too much money!

Last edited:
Got the mugs, the journals set and the snow globe at the store this morning when I went to preorder my doll. The mugs are gorgeous! The snow globe is nice as well but when I opened the box, there was a mark on the base of the globe, so I may return it. Was tempted by the lithographs but decided to pass as I'd already spent way too much money!

Congrats on getting your preorder in!
May I ask, which would you rather buy if you only bought one thing: the Lithographs OR the journals?
I wanna buy one of these, but can't decide.

Congrats on getting your preorder in!
May I ask, which would you rather buy if you only bought one thing: the Lithographs OR the journals?
I wanna buy one of these, but can't decide.

Thanks!

I basically ended up getting the journals because the lithographs were more expensive. It's hard to say. If I'd had the money to spend, I probably would have gotten both!

I also preordered the movie and got the set of lithographs that comes with that -- however, I think the Art of Aurora ones are much better.

Last edited:
I don't collect pins so could someone explain why they are so hard to get? I was on the web site very early this morning (at like 4:30 am my time) and I saw the pin online. I clicked it to look at the art of it, and fully expected it to be sold out, but I was able to place one in my cart. Could have been a fluke, but are they released at random times or do they just sell out really quickly?

I don't collect pins so could someone explain why they are so hard to get? I was on the web site very early this morning (at like 4:30 am my time) and I saw the pin online. I clicked it to look at the art of it, and fully expected it to be sold out, but I was able to place one in my cart. Could have been a fluke, but are they released at random times or do they just sell out really quickly?

Wow, that seems like a (very lucky) fluke. Did you go ahead and buy it or were you just testing it out?

I was online this morning, and the very minute the page refreshed with the new merchandise, it was already sold out. From what I've read, that
seems to have been the experience for most people. I've gone back to the site a few times to see if any more would appear, but no. Of course, there are already several listed on ebay for around $300. I seriously don't understand how they manage to do it. Every time I've ever gone to purchase a LE pin, it's sold out before it even appears on the page -- yet ebay sellers always seem able to buy multiples!

I only have a couple of non-limited edition pins and am not much of a collector. Every once in a while there will be a LE pin I really like, but I have never managed to actually get one!

So I couldn't decide what to get from the Art of collection but ended up getting a Maleficent mug and the jewellery box. Don't really have any jewellery but I'm sure can find something to put in it! It's to beautiful to not get lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back