• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
We went for a run and passed out when we got home...then the emails started coming in...oh well. Anyone know if there's going to be a Maleficent to match?

So relieved. I managed to snag Aurora online. After missing out on both sets of Frozen, it takes the hurt out a little bit :D

She sold out super fast though, she did pop in and out of stock, I know a few who managed to get her on the second or third try. DS really need to fx their website issues

I just moved to Los Angeles from Connecticut so the whole time while waiting to order it I was saying to myself "Why are you doing this, you can't afford this right now?" And then I snagged her with no regrets! There's no feeling like getting yourself a 17" doll :)

I just moved to Los Angeles from Connecticut so the whole time while waiting to order it I was saying to myself "Why are you doing this, you can't afford this right now?" And then I snagged her with no regrets! There's no feeling like getting yourself a 17" doll :)

Same thing for me, telling myself "it's now or never, if you wait it'll be way more expensive"!

Yes, I love that feeling :D That was like in January for the March Frozen dolls preorder- "Do I wanna spend my Christmas money on an LE Anna? She's not my favourite, but she's really cute!". I ordered her anyways, paid almost double the doll worth for shipping and customs, but when I got her out of the box she was so worth it and I adore her. I only own 2 of the 17" LE dolls and I'm so glad that she's one of them. I tend to think that it's better to order the doll, not like it and sell it than to pass on it, decide you love it and really wanted it, then shell out big bucks for ebay

Very true Luna! I figured if I get her and she's not to my liking in person, then I can put her towards a Nov Anna. Aurora is my fave classic princess, just not sure about the rave hair :p

Same thing for me, telling myself "it's now or never, if you wait it'll be way more expensive"!

Which is why I bought her now. I knew I wouldn't be able to afford secondary market prices. She is the first LE 17" doll I bought and I couldn't be more excited. I don't really collect dolls but I loved her too much to pass up.

Very true Luna! I figured if I get her and she's not to my liking in person, then I can put her towards a Nov Anna. Aurora is my fave classic princess, just not sure about the rave hair :p

I actually really like her hair. I think they put it in because she was supposed to have been gifted gold of sunshine in her hair by Flora in the beginning of the movie. Now if only that gave her lips that shamed the red, red rose haha! I hate how they give her pink lips though, in all seriousness, and I disliked the majority of her dress. I definitely wasn't on the fence with her, which is good for my wallet I suppose. I'm on the fence with the DFDC Briar Rose, so I'll probably end up getting her. I hate how also my reasoning for it is that I have 4 designer princesses on each shelf on my display case, and the bottom shelf only has 2 dolls at the moment. I'm definitely getting the DFDC Cinderella, so the OCD in me wants to cave and get the Briar Rose just to make it all even. Is it sad I shop like this?! I do this with other things too, like my nail polishes. They have to go in groups of three and be in a certain colour scheme so when I buy new ones, I have to buy in multiples of threes and in similar shades or colour categories. I think there is something wrong with me...

Man, took me ten minutes to find the link and I missed it. She's my favorite non-Frozen princess too. Ah well, I'll just buy other Aurora merch.

I'm surprised she went so fast - I think the scalpers are assuming she'll be worth loads like the Frozen dolls when she won't be. Either way, I'm all too thrilled to have mine pre-ordered!

Guys! Have you seen the Mattel doll set that includes both Aurora and Maleficent? Not only is the packaging absolutely beautiful, but the maleficent doll is quite nice, dare I say even better than all the ones that Disney Store has come out with.
I would just buy the set for that and just switch aurora with the DS one.
And the backdrop is of the spinning wheel scene!

Anyways, here's what I'm talking about:

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-015.jpg

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-016.jpg

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-001.jpg

Guys! Have you seen the Mattel doll set that includes both Aurora and Maleficent? Not only is the packaging absolutely beautiful, but the maleficent doll is quite nice, dare I say even better than all the ones that Disney Store has come out with.

ooooh! aurora looks really pretty!

I really like the new Mattel signature collection, so I'm excited to see a new princess (I still hope they'll do more, like Belle and etc.). I want to get the new Aurora set as well ^^

That set is beautiful. Maleficent looks great, the packaging I agree is very well designed and yay for blue Aurora.

really nervous about this LE Aurora pin, especially since the DS isn't reliable for updating it's pages.

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-015.jpg

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-016.jpg

2014-Mattel-Disney-Signature-Collection-Sleeping-Beauty-Maleficent-2-Pack-Doll-Set-001.jpg

Oh I adore this!

Received the art of Aurora mugs and jewellery box today:) Love the mugs especially Maleficents and the jewellery box is very pretty. It's quiet small and feels very delicate but it's so pretty.

Last edited:
I got the nail polish from last years set. It lasted a few days without chipping. Just make sure you put a top coat on it. It was very pretty.

Do you have pictures of it?

Thanks. :) I have the Designer Villains set and that's pretty good.

You mean the set itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back