• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
All I know is I am buying everything Sb this year, LE and not. And they darn well better make a lot of good merch, because Cinderella's year was a bit of a disappointment.
Me too. Im already thinking about putting money aside for everything now. "Maleficent" comes out in May, so maybe we will see movie based dolls similar to the Oz line around that time. Then the LE dolls with the release of the movie at end of summer/early Fall.

This is my fav classic disney movie; I'm hoping to get LE 17" Phillip, Aurora and Maleficent and the DFTC set this year at the very least. I just hope disney anticipates the demand and ups the edition size of the dolls.
Its my favorite classic movie too.

I hope we get a gorgeous Aurora in pink LE doll. A briar Rose and Phillip fairytale collection doll and LE Maleficent doll and then a doll from the Maleficent movie in the style of the 0z dolls.
If they do Phillip,I hope he has sculpted hair as Rooted hair on male dolls never looks right.
100% agree. I want LE Aurora, Briar and Phillip in DFDC, a LE Maleficent (and hopefully Phillip too). But I also agree, I want sculpted hair. I dont think the rooted hair looks good on the guys. Looks cheap and cheesy.

All I know is I am buying everything Sb this year, LE and not. And they darn well better make a lot of good merch, because Cinderella's year was a bit of a disappointment.

lol. If you thought Cinderella's year was a disappointment, what did you think of Ariel's? We didn't even get a snow globe! Aside from the overpriced Art of Ariel collection, what did we get?

lol. If you thought Cinderella's year was a disappointment, what did you think of Ariel's? We didn't even get a snow globe! Aside from the overpriced Art of Ariel collection, what did we get?

I know! They still have some of those plates on clearance at my DS... I did like the 17" singing Ariel (got her for $25), but the sister set was not great and there were no snow globes, special ornaments, and everything good was for D23 and is so expensive now!

I was disappointed by the lack of unique merch for Ariel. I want shock and awe with a Diamond Edition Princess release! I just watched Sleeping Beauty and the animation and backgrounds were ground breaking and very different in style than Snow White and Cinderella, so I hope DS
will give us some really unexpected items to celebrate this release. I cannot believe Aurora's year is finally here.

I loved the sister doll set even though they looked nothing like what they should. They could have been amazing with the right hair. Plus some had brown eyes and all the sisters should have blue eyes.

I thought the Art of Ariel Collection had some great stuff, I loved the Hoodie that they had (I bought 2 of them I loved them so much) The watch/bracelet was very pretty. I also liked their Mugs. I was just happy to see so much Ariel stuff. The singing doll like someone mentioned above was really lovely, she seems like such high quality.
Not to mention the Beautiful 17" Ariel doll they gave us, I still think she is the most beautiful Ariel doll ever! I really do think that they will make a just as Beautiful 17" Aurora doll. With the detail they have been putting into their 17" line of dolls lately I think fans have come to expect that now.

All I know is I will be taking the day off for the sleeping beauty pre-sale release, she is by far my favorite princess, and in the past I've taken the chance that I would be able to get the dolls online but I don't want to do that this time! I can't wait!

I just love the whole wait for them to come up on the disney store page ! They never get released on time it's normally 5 - 10 mins later. I love it
I know it drives me crazy, I get anxious and nervous... My fiance just groans when he hears the alarm go off at 11:50 because he knows I'm going to be up jumping around if my order goes through. Haha!

I know it drives me crazy, I get anxious and nervous... My fiance just groans when he hears the alarm go off at 11:50 because he knows I'm going to be up jumping around if my order goes through. Haha!

hahaha it's so true! How good does it feel when u see it available to buy and then get ur Order conformation via email!

They could do so many cool things this year with Aurora, Maleficent and just Sleeping Beauty in general!!! :anxious: I am excited to see what this year has to behold! :D I think it would be really cool if they did LE dolls of Merryweather, Fauna and Flora!!! I would have to buy them I think, they are my favorite part of the movie...and the cute little animals! :lol:

Im not a fan of real hair/rooted hair on the male dolls. No matter what it always looks really cheap to me. I think thats why I wasnt completely in love with LE Eric.
I agree. It is funny to go back and read everyone's posts pre-Fairytale collection. People were adamant that molded hair was awful and rooted hair was a must for all the money they were expected to shell out for those dolls. And then 17" LE Eric hit. Yikes!

I think the molded hair jobs on the LE male dolls were done well--much more detail than classic and, therefore, justifiable over rooted hair.

To be honest, I don't hate Eric's hair. It just needed to be controlled with some hair spray maybe? Or something?

Last edited:
I think they thought rooted hair = worth the money I am shelling out. But rooted hair does not necessarily mean the doll is better made. It would seem to be the opposite in some cases. You end up losing the details that a good mold can provide. Shorter rooted hair, unless you spray the living crap out of it, will just mushroom out. Not pretty.

I love Aurora, although I don't talk about her much... she is in my top 5 princesses. I hope that they make a LE 17 inch of her "Briar Rose" attire, with the forest as the background, with a basket as an accessory, and the scarf thinggy (what is that called?) ... Well, you guys already know! but like this!!

Briar_Rose2.jpg

It would look cute with the basket and Forrest background:) I think they will go with the pink gown as it's her main look in terms of merchandise. Auroras my favourite princess and as long as her face and hair are perfect then I will be happy with whatever outfit they choose. I'd rather them do the Briar rose outfit than the Blue dress, just because theirs too many dolls in blue. I feel we need more dolls with crowns on their head as well so at least we will get one with Aurora. I hope they do two versions of her, one can dream.

I really love the Briar Rose dress--although the colors are very muted. These days, I don't believe they would have used such tan/beige tones. I like it, but it just isn't flashy. And I love the shawl. Plus, she is one of the barefoot girls. :) I run around in bare feet, so I can relate.

Yeah, they will most likely do the pink dress, which I hate. Mostly, I hate the triangles on the belt. I saw a very nicely done Parks' dress in which the bodice was cut so that it ended in the downward pointing triangles. It just worked. I guess I just don't like when the traingle belt is a different color. It just draws too much attention to itself. The Classic dolls always look so cheap with that triangle belt. Ok, off soap box about the triangles.
It does make sense that like Ariel, she will wear her peasant gown for the Fairytale doll set. So at least we should get her in the dress, one way or the other. I will buy the peasant gown, but I doubt very much that they can pull off a pink gown that can override my dislike for it.

Aurora really does has a lovely face--she comes across to me as very mature and womanly in comparison to some of the later Princesses.

Bug Catcher Jenna, or anyone, sorry to be a pain. I have been reading Q&A and other articles about posting pics. I have a Flickr, but when I try to post a pic, it just does not take. Any advice? Is Flickr the issue? Photobucket better?

Last edited:
Bug Catcher Jenna, or anyone, sorry to be a pain. I have been reading Q&A and other articles about posting pics. I have a Flickr, but when I try to post a pic, it just does not take. Any advice? Is Flickr the issue? Photobucket better?

Flickr works fine, but you have to use the BB Code when posting here on DPF for the image to show. :)

No, because everyone has the right to like what he or she likes. I didn't hate Eric, either. I just think he needed some hair spray. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back