• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
If they do aurora in her briar rose dress I will have to get her as it would be stunning!!! I can see it in my head and it would just be gorgeous

I also want the briar rose outfit! That would make her a lot more unique than some pink or blue princess dress - unfortunately she's always pictured in either the pink or blue dress, so not trying to get my hopes up for a briar rose outfit.

Thank you for your reply, Shivatopia. I do appreciate it. This is my issue. http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157633912857702/ There is no BBC code to get. I will keep plugging away. Eventually something has to work, right? :)

Go to the URL of the image you want to post. On that page below and to the right of the image are a set of icons. Click on the share icon (it looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it that points to the right). Click "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Select the circle on the left of "BBCode". Select all of the text in the box, copy and paste it into the forum reply box. Then submit your post.

Ha! Finally found it. Thanks for everyone's help. I was on the wrong page for the image. I saw the square with arrow on lower right. I was on photostream where square with arrow was on top (wrong page--no BBC code there). Anyway, finally figured out how to post pics after a year on the boards. haha. Again, thank you to anyone who posted. I appreciate the kindness.

Last edited:
I agree. It is funny to go back and read everyone's posts pre-Fairytale collection. People were adamant that molded hair was awful and rooted hair was a must for all the money they were expected to shell out for those dolls. And then 17" LE Eric hit. Yikes!

I think the molded hair jobs on the LE male dolls were done well--much more detail than classic and, therefore, justifiable over rooted hair.

To be honest, I don't hate Eric's hair. It just needed to be controlled with some hair spray maybe? Or something?

Yeah, and to be honest and fair, I havent seen Eric in real life, just lots of pics. So maybe its not so bad. Ill get him one day just to go with my TLM collection.

My hope is that the DFDC line will have Auora as Briar in that outfit with Prince Phillip. A scene from when they meet. And the LE would be blue dress, but Im pretty sure it will be pink as that is kind of her look, and how we see her more often.

My hope is that the DFDC line will have Auora as Briar in that outfit with Prince Phillip. A scene from when they meet. And the LE would be blue dress, but Im pretty sure it will be pink as that is kind of her look, and how we see her more often.

I wish that Aurora will be in her Briar Rose outfit for DFDC and that the 17 inch one is both blue and pink. But I am quite certain that this will never happen and both will be in pink. The only princess from the DFDC line that was not in her signature outfit was Ariel, and that is because she could not be a mermaid next to Eric. The fact they did not put her in her pink dress makes pink Aurora even more likely (although the town dress was a better choice for Ariel since she wears it much longer and during the Kiss the Girls scene). And only the dolls based on newer movies have had more than one 17 inch doll. But I will keep hoping until we find out the truth.

So many of us want Aurora in the Briar Rose outfit, I really hope Disney surprises us and releases her in that outfit, that would be amazing!

I would love the Briar Rose outfit too. But much more than that, I want a new accurate headmold. One whose head is not shaped like James Van Der Beek's.

My speculations:

17" LE: pink/blue hybrid. Otherwise it'll be pink. As far as face molds go, the Singing aurora from last year had a really really good face. What I want them to do is incorporate her hair better. I really want a doll with the cloak that she wears, with the pointy hood. Like she's going to hogwarts lol

DFDC: Briar rose. I really think that this will happen because it is the most known scene where both aurora and Phillip are active. Plus, it makes sense cause they can glam up both of them.

Only time will tell.

I'm at a pickle right now.
Current tab:
2 aurora
2 Phillip
2 maleficent
DFDC sleeping beauty.

That's like a $1000 and I don't have all that to spend. Gonna have to cut down A LOT! Maybe not even get half of them.
Maybe I'll start demanding for my sisters to pay up if they want them. No more mister nice guy.

It would look cute with the basket and Forrest background:) I think they will go with the pink gown as it's her main look in terms of merchandise. Auroras my favourite princess and as long as her face and hair are perfect then I will be happy with whatever outfit they choose. I'd rather them do the Briar rose outfit than the Blue dress, just because theirs too many dolls in blue. I feel we need more dolls with crowns on their head as well so at least we will get one with Aurora. I hope they do two versions of her, one can dream.

Wait, what? I mean I know I'm usually pretty set against the pink, but I haven't seen almost anything of her in blue except when it involved a direct screenshot (like those vintage style mugs from a year or so back). There's never enough blue :)
My Aurora wishlist:

-DFDC Aurora and Phillip: Briar Rose outfit with shawl and headband, Phillip with red cape
-17" Aurora in blue with cape, crown, and beautiful gown and a pretty pose. Or a light pink dress along the lines of her new look parks dress, because I actually like that one. I'm thinking the castle background or the tower room she awakens in, thorned roses on the box.
-17" Phillip (because he's amazing :D) with new face sculpt. forest outfit or end outfit, cape required for both, AND sword of truth!! I don't care so much about his hair as long as it's stylized and accurate.
-17" Maleficent original version with pale complexion (not too green), full cape, and staff!! Bonus points for Diablo. Black box with thorns and her throne as a background.

just ideas :)

I think Phillip should have the shield too!
As for aurora's background, I'm almost certain they're going to use the forest.
Maleficent I'm not sure.. Cause Angelina joli's movie comes out in May, and the bluray for sleeping beauty comes out in October. So do you guys think well get 2 maleficent dolls?

I am just focused on getting the 17 inch Maleficent. If they end up making a 17 inch version of Angelina Jolie's Maleficent, I doubt I will get her. I will, however, probably get the 12 inch version of her. Whether the movie is awful or good, I am expecting Angelina Jolie to deliver a great Maleficent. Not to mention that she looks awesome as her too in my opinion. As long as I get a 17 inch doll of the animated movie version of Maleficent, I will be happy.

I wish that Aurora will be in her Briar Rose outfit for DFDC and that the 17 inch one is both blue and pink. But I am quite certain that this will never happen and both will be in pink. The only princess from the DFDC line that was not in her signature outfit was Ariel, and that is because she could not be a mermaid next to Eric. The fact they did not put her in her pink dress makes pink Aurora even more likely (although the town dress was a better choice for Ariel since she wears it much longer and during the Kiss the Girls scene). And only the dolls based on newer movies have had more than one 17 inch doll. But I will keep hoping until we find out the truth.
Good point, but Im still holding out hope for Briar Rose in the DFDC

Wait, what? I mean I know I'm usually pretty set against the pink, but I haven't seen almost anything of her in blue except when it involved a direct screenshot (like those vintage style mugs from a year or so back). There's never enough blue :)
My Aurora wishlist:

-DFDC Aurora and Phillip: Briar Rose outfit with shawl and headband, Phillip with red cape
-17" Aurora in blue with cape, crown, and beautiful gown and a pretty pose. Or a light pink dress along the lines of her new look parks dress, because I actually like that one. I'm thinking the castle background or the tower room she awakens in, thorned roses on the box.
-17" Phillip (because he's amazing :D) with new face sculpt. forest outfit or end outfit, cape required for both, AND sword of truth!! I don't care so much about his hair as long as it's stylized and accurate.
-17" Maleficent original version with pale complexion (not too green), full cape, and staff!! Bonus points for Diablo. Black box with thorns and her throne as a background.

just ideas :)
Perfect. Disney make it so.

I think Phillip should have the shield too!
As for aurora's background, I'm almost certain they're going to use the forest.
Maleficent I'm not sure.. Cause Angelina joli's movie comes out in May, and the bluray for sleeping beauty comes out in October. So do you guys think well get 2 maleficent dolls?

Im kind of hoping they will do dolls off of the Maleficent movie like they did with Oz. And then save the LE dolls for the SB release.

I think to promote the film Disney might release some likeness-dolls of Jolie's Maleficent and Fanning's Aurora along the lines of the Oz dolls. Just based on doll-release date trends and such, I do not think they will do an LE; I think they will wait for the Diamond release.
Plus, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they know a movie accurate Maleficent is being all but demanded by collectors and fans. I don't think the likeness Oz dolls sold super duper well, and I think they took the criticism about the Designer Villain collection to heart (which is why we got an LE full-fig Ursula).
So, if we were to get an LE out of Maleficent, I think it would be something different and not part of the "standard" collection, such as China Girl or Calhoun.

I heard that pieces of Maleficent were being reshot (nothing with Jolie), which makes me a little concerned. While I thought Oz and Alice were visually vivid and entertaining, I don't think they stand among Disney's greatest work. That's where I worry about Stromburg because this film is his directorial debut, and I think he has great vision, but I don't want it to rely too heavily on CG- I want the film to stand on its own.
So, I'm excited to see the film and I want to see it, but I'm trying not to get too worked up. I'm definitely going for Jolie's performance, because she's convinced me that she really worked hard at capturing Maleficent's demeanor and mannerisms, and that it was important to her. I think she'll be a great Maleficent, I just hope everyone else (especially Aurora) measures up.

And I think it's too late to stop the live-action fairytales, seeing as how we now have Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast versions in development. So they'd better be good!!

Unconfirmed (but looks legit!) Diamond edition cover for the film!! you can google search for a bigger image (or find it here: http://images2.static-bluray.com/movies/covers/73790_front.jpg :) )

73790_medium.jpg

I love it! I love how the gold is reminiscent of the fairy tale book, the contrast of Maleficent and Aurora, and the decision to put Aurora in her Briar Rose outfit. Super special awesome. I hope they actually keep this.

Oh wow that's beautiful!! I really hope they keep it that way, although it's a bit different from other diamond editions. The artwork is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back