• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeping Beauty (2014) Fall Release (New Merch, News, and more!)
Actually, the regular 2D+DVD version had Ursula in the bottom.
Man, the platinum edition covers were the best. What happened Disney?

Btw did anyone notice that they forgot to add bagheera's tail on the cover of the jungle book bluray?!
I couldn't believe my eyes. They need better management.

Whoops sorry she is on there but not nearly as highly featured as Maleficent. Yes I do agree that that is also around the same time that Maleficent would be coming out on bluray as well but really I just dont want Disney to push aside an amazing Disney classic just because they have a movie rendition of it coming out. I just dont want what happened to Alice in Wonderland to happen to Sleeping Beauty too.

Also I highly doubt that we will be getting a LE doll for the Maleficent movie release, in fact I am hoping that we dont get a Maleficent doll based on the movie instead i would rather prefer that we get a Maleficent based on the animated movie i.e the surprise release doll for the Sleeping Beauty blu ray release. We did get a doll release for Oz but that was because there was an opportunity to release one since they had the China doll character but I dont think we will be getting one for Maleficent just because Disney has not based a LE doll on a live action character, ever.

Last edited:
Im rather hoping that we get dolls from the Maleficent movie similar to what was done with Oz and the Lone Ranger. Id buy them.

And then save the LEs for the fall release of SB DVD/Bluray.

Amen. An addition to the Disney Movie Collection from the Maleficent movie would be a welcomed addition...but a 17" LE from that movie or even a combination of the two as an LE would be a disappointment. I *almost* didn't buy the Queen of Hearts for that reason. I'm glad I did because she is beautiful, but a Maleficent wouldn't work as that kind of combo. I'm not worried though. The 17" villain faces have been just purely stunning. She will be too! <3

Im rather hoping that we get dolls from the Maleficent movie similar to what was done with Oz and the Lone Ranger. Id buy them.

And then save the LEs for the fall release of SB DVD/Bluray.

I definitely think we will be getting dolls based on the Maleficent movie for sure as Disney seems to be ok releasing those but I just dont see them releasing a LE doll based on the movie unless there is another character in the movie that is completely CGI? The only ones I can think of based on the trailers are the fairy godmothers? Then again I dont know if they stay that small throughout the film or not either way I would still find that unlikely LOL

Just had a thought, might we see a Good Fairy, or 3, LE release for Maleficent? They appear to be computer animated (so no actor rights) and in the original SB they are the main nemesis of Maleficent. Might take the 3 fairies standing on each other's heads to get to 17" LOL.

Just had a thought, might we see a Good Fairy, or 3, LE release for Maleficent? They appear to be computer animated (so no actor rights) and in the original SB they are the main nemesis of Maleficent. Might take the 3 fairies standing on each other's heads to get to 17" LOL.

LOL yeah I would think that too if they were to make LE dolls based on the movie Maleficent but then again like you said they would either have to stack them to make the 17" LOL. Or they would have to make three LE dolls, one of each character which i find highly unlikely.

I definitely think we will be getting dolls based on the Maleficent movie for sure as Disney seems to be ok releasing those but I just dont see them releasing a LE doll based on the movie unless there is another character in the movie that is completely CGI? The only ones I can think of based on the trailers are the fairy godmothers? Then again I dont know if they stay that small throughout the film or not either way I would still find that unlikely LOL

Yeah thats what Im hoping. Have the cheaper dolls based off of the characters and how the actors look from Maleficent.

Then do a Maleficent, Aurora and Phillip LEs for release with the DVD, based off of the DVD.

Stitch Kingdom uploaded pictures of the Jacks maleficent dolls.

I wanna know how we went from this:
img_3887.jpg

to this: lo.
img_3890.jpg

THe rest of the pictures are at: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-maleficent-frozen-jakks-pacific-69345/

Wow, a Diaval!! But no Phillip- I have a feeling his role is minimal lol.
awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Did anyone see this at the bottom?
"Lastly, but certainly not least, the Disney Princesses get a new look. The Tollytots Disney Princess toddler dolls ($19.99) feature brand new dresses with glittery details depicting a scene from their respective film. Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Elsa and Anna are all part of the newly imagined collection."

So Anna and Elsa are "officially" going to be part of the line-up... and it looks like we might be getting some new redesigns this year! I doubt they'll be significantly different from the recent makeover... since the parks just invested in new gowns for all the ladies in the that style.

I just looked at the new Funko Pop Vinyls coming out and looks like they will have a new Maleficent and Aurora based on the Maleficent movie. They look cute, Ill probably get them.

UgH!!!!! BOTH THROWS ARE SOLD OUT ONLINE!!!! I am going to call around, theres a few hot topics in my area. I love both of these throws=)

UgH!!!!! BOTH THROWS ARE SOLD OUT ONLINE!!!! I am going to call around, theres a few hot topics in my area. I love both of these throws=)

There is a chance that they were not
Supposed to be up and accidentally sold of them.

I know it's happened at least 3 times
Before. So they should be up sometime soon. :)

Just as I have suspected. Hot
Topic just emailed me saying that the throws are sold out and that my order is being cancelled. That sucks. I ordered them last night right after they got released.

So does anyone Know if the Disney Store plans to release movie line dolls for maleficent because I would love a doll that looks like Angelina Jolie. I plan on getting the Hot Toys version but they take so long to get released after they are announced. I dont expect an Angelina Maleficent 17" doll but I would absolutely LOVE one as I am a huge fan of Angelina Jolie have been since Gia and Tomb raider. I do plan to get the 17" Maleficent from the original Sleeping Beauty if they do release one in the fall for the blu-ray(which I hope they do)

So does anyone Know if the Disney Store plans to release movie line dolls for maleficent because I would love a doll that looks like Angelina Jolie. I plan on getting the Hot Toys version but they take so long to get released after they are announced. I dont expect an Angelina Maleficent 17" doll but I would absolutely LOVE one as I am a huge fan of Angelina Jolie have been since Gia and Tomb raider. I do plan to get the 17" Maleficent from the original Sleeping Beauty if they do release one in the fall for the blu-ray(which I hope they do)

They will most likely release dolls for maleficent cause they did release dolls for Oz last year.

And just so that we don't go way off
Topic, there's a special thread dedicated to maleficent Merch ;) btw hot topic has a maleficent/Jolie shirt.

I dont think we will be getting any dolls based on the Maleficent movie unless there is a CGI character that is not heavily based on an actor/actress.

Yes we got China Doll last year for Oz but that made sense because she was a China Doll so Disney made the exception of creating a doll for that movie. That being said that doll was released in Feb last year. This year in Feb we got the Designer Fairies and on top of that we have the upcoming Frozen dolls too. Just because Disney releases a doll in the past for a movie that does not necessarily mean that they will do the same for each. Arguably speaking you could say that Maleficent is the equivalent to Lone Ranger last year and we did not get a Lone Ranger doll.

I would say a release is unlikely as there are very few LE dolls that have been released that are based on live action movies with Oz being the only movie to defy this with the release of China doll but I always just saw that as an opportune moment to release a replica of China Doll.

Especially since this year is Sleeping Beauty's year so we will definitely be expecting an Aurora and a Maleficent doll around Oct which is another reason why a Maleficent movie related release is unlikely. That being said there is always a possibility for Disney to surprise us with something new but in my opinion I think in terms of merchandise we will probably get some pins, classic dolls, clothing, apparel, mugs, toys, plushes and some stationery.

Last edited:
I dont think we will be getting any dolls based on the Maleficent movie unless there is a CGI character that is not heavily based on an actor/actress.

Yes we got China Doll last year for Oz but that made sense because she was a China Doll so Disney made the exception of creating a doll for that movie. That being said that doll was released in Feb last year. This year in Feb we got the Designer Fairies and on top of that we have the upcoming Frozen dolls too. Just because Disney releases a doll in the past for a movie that does not necessarily mean that they will do the same for each. Arguably speaking you could say that Maleficent is the equivalent to Lone Ranger last year and we did not get a Lone Ranger doll.

I would say a release is unlikely as there are very few LE dolls that have been released that are based on live action movies with Oz being the only movie to defy this with the release of China doll but I always just saw that as an opportune moment to release a replica of China Doll.

Especially since this year is Sleeping Beauty's year so we will definitely be expecting an Aurora and a Maleficent doll around Oct which is another reason why a Maleficent movie related release is unlikely. That being said there is always a possibility for Disney to surprise us with something new but in my opinion I think in terms of merchandise we will probably get some pins, classic dolls, clothing, apparel, mugs, toys, plushes and some stationery.

Yeah I am really only expecting classic dolls like the OZ movie ones from last year. I hope those are released because I was highly impressed with thoes dolls and their likeness to the actresses. As for the 17" dolls I fully expect a maleficent based on the animated version to come uot either in May or fall

Even though I hated Oz, I can't deny that those 12" dolls looked amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

Id love dolls based on the movie. They did Oz and Lone Ranger, so hopefully they will do it for Maleficent. Hightly doubtful at this point though.

I think they will have 12 inch dolls for the Maleficent movie, I don't see DS allowing Jakks to be the only ones out there. I am hoping the 17 inch Mal is classic and not Angelina. I like her but I think the animated versions of dolls hold up better over time.

I did buy a doll based on the Tim Burton Mad Hatter and I had to put it away, it was just not fitting in my collection and really not relevant to me anymore.

I really hope that Disney won't release "basic" merchandise again because last Fall was very dissapointing. Things I look forward to are:

● Something DS sadly never did, is releasing the dolls in detailed Outfits. I mean, there are "Signature" Versions of Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida and all 4 Frozen dolls, and they were priced a little higher than the classic dolls, but had amazing detailes for such a low pricepoint. I'd like to ser DS releasing Signature dolls of Aurora, Maleficent and the Prince. All Classic Auroras have such basic dresses which look like a cheaped out Version of her normal dress. The same goes to Maleficent.

● I'd also like to see another big Pack which could include Aurora, the Prince, Maleficent and maybe small Versions of the three fairies... or it could come with a very detailed made Bed for Aurora.

● DS HAS to release LE Versions of all 3 Characters... but the Prince isn't "iconic" enough for a LE release I guess, but I'll hope for one tho.

● A small figurine Set with Maleficent as Dragon would be totally nice too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back