• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Snow white and Dwarf Pins - Real or Scrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow white and Dwarf Pins - Real or Scrappers

Tds

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Bought a lot on EBAY of 12 Snow White and Dwarf pins. Some look fine (they were LE pins) but some questions on the pins below.
Obviously none are particularly valuable pins, but still want to learn real vs fake.
Top Left: Front looks good, but back waffle pattern is clearly a scrapper, right?
Top Middle: Color dull, waffle pattern incomplete. Conclusion scrapper.
Top right - Color dull, waffle pattern runs off edge, fairly light pin. Real or scrapper?
Bottom row - Colors vibrant, waffle pattern runs off edge, light weight but pins are small. Conclusion: Real
Thoughts?
image_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I think the image isn't showing up for me?
For some reason I have trouble with IE typing (skips characters while typing) and adding images (doesn't work).
This is the only forum I have that issue.
So I had to switch to Chrome to add the images. Should be working now. Sorry about that!

I would say top middle is definitely a scrapper (I have seen scrappers of it before). The top right is potentially a scrapper due to the things you have mentioned as well. Top left is potentially a scrapper due to the back pattern, although some real pins don't have good backs either due to bad quality control

The top middle is fake but I think the top left is fine... I have Aurora and Rapunzel from that series and they both have a similar back. My Rapunzel came with the pink card and plastic on it so I'm confident it's authentic even though anything is possible. I have the top right also and some of those mystery pins are a little lighter than you'd expect. I think I can see a faint serial number printed on it? Hard to tell in the pic, but that's what mine has and I got it sealed in Disney packaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back