• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Snow White birthstone princesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow White birthstone princesses

trudms06

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
While preparing a trade, I noticed a colour variation in my Snow White pin compared to the picture on PinPics.

84d04a0b6ca09b2e81ee606dde3966eb.jpg
c8a6ac0ad9e2e721928f5022e8fe7d27.jpg

The puffy sleeve on my pin is light blue, while on PinPics it's purple.

Can anyone confirm if this is a legit colour variation or if my pin is a scrapper? I don't want to make the trade for this pin unless I'm sure it's 100% real. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The one I have is purple but photography does weird things to the shade , maybe it's just a dodgy image you've been sent

I have this pin and was just about to trade it to someone else. But I will have to withdraw it from the trade if I have doubts about whether it's legit or not. The sleeve is light blue as in the picture...

Sorry I misunderstood , why don't you send the image to the other person . It's not the worst variation possible , I'd assume it was during manufacturing not a fake . The jewelled elements didn't start appearing in the fakes until fairly recently as far as I'm aware and if it's a recent fake why bother with this specific pin .

The sleeve on mine is light blue. I was told these were released more than once, and there are variations. For instance, I was shocked when I received my Alice and the stone was dark blue. (Aquamarine is light blue). But I was told the re-released one had a dark blue stone instead.

I believe the series was released over a course of two to three years. I'll need to check the back of mine but I seem to recall different years on the backs of some of mine.

Your pin is fine and I am happy to get it. :wiggle: These pins were released over 2 years 2003 and 2004. There were differences in the runs. I never noticed the sleeve before, but I do know that some of the "jewels" are different also. That happens sometimes when Disney does more then one run.

Knowing that it is fine, I must say that I totally prefer the version that you had! Looks much better/closer to the film imo!

Thanks for all comments! Much appreciated :)

Knowing that it is fine, I must say that I totally prefer the version that you had! Looks much better/closer to the film imo!

I must agree that the light blue sleeves look better. Maybe this pin was a later run and they changed it to be closer to the film...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Snow White pin also has the light blue sleeves (dates 2005). The pins from this series in my collection all range from 2003 through 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back