• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

So any ideas on when or if DisneyStore will release new sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So any ideas on when or if DisneyStore will release new sets?

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
Does anyone have any idea why DisneyStore hasnt released any new pin sets since January? I have asked them when on the phone and via email and they will not answer one way or the other so I am wondering if they plan to just release individual pins like the 110 Legacy pins a few at a time? I seriously miss the pin sets and waiting up till 3 am every sunday night to see what is released its just not that fun anymore :( Any Ideas?

I think its time for another Elisabete Gomes set :) It's been a while!

I don't understand how a huge company that makes so much money off of merchandise is unable to tell us when we can buy their products. I sent an email to the online store about one of the pins coming out for the 110th thing and they wrote back that there was no information. Who is in charge? Is somebody out with the flu and no one else can mark release dates on the company calendar?

Does anyone have any idea why DisneyStore hasnt released any new pin sets since January? I have asked them when on the phone and via email and they will not answer one way or the other so I am wondering if they plan to just release individual pins like the 110 Legacy pins a few at a time? I seriously miss the pin sets and waiting up till 3 am every sunday night to see what is released its just not that fun anymore :( Any Ideas?

I don't understand how a huge company that makes so much money off of merchandise is unable to tell us when we can buy their products. I sent an email to the online store about one of the pins coming out for the 110th thing and they wrote back that there was no information. Who is in charge? Is somebody out with the flu and no one else can mark release dates on the company calendar?

If I had to guess, I would imagine that someone at DisneyShopping took a look at the way the pin inventory wasn't selling and instead of figuring that, hmm, maybe the designs are a bit weak and should be improved, just decided to cut back on pin releases all together.

In any case, if DisneyShopping knows what they're going to release (and I'm sure they do), I wouldn't count on anyone getting advanced notice on what is coming out when for one simple reason: if some people know what is coming out and when (and the release is expected to be popular), they can have an advantage when it comes to purchasing the pins and, if there is a limit on the pins, time to plan to get around it by asking their friends and family to purchase pins for them. Granted, they can do this anyway, but it's much easier to ask people to do this (and get them to agree) when you *know* that X pin is coming out on Y night as opposed to a situation where you're asking people to sit up *in case* pins are released and you think they might be popular enough where you need help buying extras.

That being said, I completely agree with everyone. While my poor credit card definitely appreciates the break in the pin releases, it would be nice to have something exciting come out from DS every now and then ... especially an amazing set!

Since I'm collecting all 110 pins (Have 46, only 64 to go), my wallet is very appreciative of the fact that there have been no new sets. The 110th Legacy ends at the end of September so I would imagine they will go back to releasing pin sets at that point. I'm spending close to $90 a week for these and I'm sure most folks cannot afford that plus a set. At least I can't.

IMHO there has been a serious lack of focus on the whole "pin hobby" since Timm was let go in DLR and Steve has taken on "new responsiblities" in WDW. The ODPT.com site is NEVER up-to-date, and the Pin set releases are practically non-existent.

I, personally, wait until the bi-annual Pin Sales on DS.com to buy anything that I want, NOTHING is selling out anymore. Just seems to be a malaise in the hobby right now, and nothing exciting coming out of Disney to fix it.

Mike S.

This is a really good question. I have been asking myself that too. I am so afraid that DS will do to us here what they did to Japan two years ago. They have an online store called The Japan Mall. (Used to be called Japan M&P)They had a lot of really cute pins on this site. I could view them, but could not buy them. However, my Tokyo pin pal, who is the greatest, would get me whatever I wanted, and I would get her whaht she wanted from here. All of a sudden, the identical thing happened there. Less and less pins started appearing on the site, and eventually none were there. Every so often, they would release a set like Pin 78673: JDS Stitch Pirate Framed Pin Set This was released a year ago. Other than that, they have only released a minimal amount of pins, and now they are releasing only a few of the 110 Legacy pins. But they are not releasing all 110 on this online site, because some are selling at their local Disney Store, and some in a store at Tokyo Disneyland. So they are selling a minimal amount of these online. My pin pal tells me they have so few that they sell out super fast.

If you look at the pattern we have been following here with DS, it looks like they are weaning us from pins, and then will throw us a bone every now and then. I hope this does not happen, but the fact that park pins are now offered online and at the parks on DS here indicates that they are heading towards the same thing they started in Tokyo two years ago. Scary...:sad:

I am just going to have a fit if they stop releasing pin sets. I sure hope that by Sept they start back up again. I mean what in the world will my family get me for xmas if not pin sets? lol

Me too! I want the beautiful pin sets and also the beautiful pins that were sold of Stitch or of Tinker Bell. Where are they? I think they have only 1 pin of Stitch on the site. What is that about?

I hope we get more pins after the legacy collection finishs as we need HALLOWEEN PINS! if we dont get some dressed as other character pins we may be boned.

I would think we would get Halloween pins at least. What a shock it will be if they don't give us some characters dressed as others. :(

I know and last year we were all anxiously awaiting the Tink as set and it never appeared hopefully it will this october as i spent over a month every sunday night waiting up for it :(

Hmmm, thats why I currently collecting DSF pins (LE <150 and any LE Surprise). althought they mostly concentrate on the "Hollywood" themes, The are FREE events and raffles. You dont have to pay a fee to buy pins and complain on how DLR or WDW treated you this time. All pins in general are LE 300 and have most popular charecters. And if its a Disney Movie then there is a Marquee and pins for it. At DLR, only ice water is free with paid admission. At DSF, you get a free pin with an Pin Traders Delight ice cream. :)

There are really no new Grails released since the DSF Grape Soda? Just sub pins and new traders. My true Grails are at home but my trading Grails (which newbies dont respect) are always available.

All i have to say is, get out there and trade. As you know, my pin is worth more than your pin. WANNA TRADE? :)

I really strongly feel that they should just lift - or at least drastically raise - the purchasing limits on ds.com LE releases. The fact that you can only buy one copy of each pin means that nothing sells out, which in turn means there's no collectibility for anything they sell. With no collectibility, and the general assurance that, "If I don't buy it now, I can wait three months and just buy it at discount," it's all a miserable self-reinforcing cycle. Flat out, no matter how great a pin is, it can't become a grail if it sits on ds.com for weeks on end.

-JD

I just noticed in the sneak peeks there is a train set coming soon with 5 pins..odd its 5 and not 6 but its a set at least. Dont know if anyone else has noticed it or not yet.. but thought id post the link to the image here

http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6763047190053

just to add it sucks its D23 only I mean they do a set after months and do it so only people who are D23 can get it..wrong move I think plus LE250 :/

Last edited:
I really strongly feel that they should just lift - or at least drastically raise - the purchasing limits on ds.com LE releases. The fact that you can only buy one copy of each pin means that nothing sells out, which in turn means there's no collectibility for anything they sell. With no collectibility, and the general assurance that, "If I don't buy it now, I can wait three months and just buy it at discount," it's all a miserable self-reinforcing cycle. Flat out, no matter how great a pin is, it can't become a grail if it sits on ds.com for weeks on end.

-JD

I don't think the limits have anything to do with the pins not selling out. The pins they have been releasing just aren't very desireable, that's why they aren't selling out. Not only that, but many of them are over priced. When the limits were put in place there were still sell outs. But the pins were better then. Plus, they do lift the limit after a few days, so people could buy multiples, but aren't. If people bought them up simply because there was no limit then that would create a false market for them. A few people that really wanted them would have to pay inflated prices on the secondary market and then once nobody else wanted them the price would drop. Not a good scenario.

As for the D23 pin set.....just the fact that it has D23 on it means that they will be charging way too much for it.... :( (I'm not impressed with D23 at in case you couldn't tell.)

Last edited:
I just have 3 accounts with DS.com so if there is something I want more of I can get it lol I am sure alot of people do. I am a D23 member so i guess I will get the set. If anyone needs one after I order mine lmk and I will see if it lets me get more than one :)

I just have 3 accounts with DS.com so if there is something I want more of I can get it lol I am sure alot of people do. I am a D23 member so i guess I will get the set. If anyone needs one after I order mine lmk and I will see if it lets me get more than one :)

You don't need three different accounts. The limits aren't account based, they are order based. You could just place three orders on the same account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back