SoCal Fires

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Sami, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I'm sure many of you have been watching the news and have seen the horrible fires in LA County, Ventura County and San Bernardino right now.

(Info from California State Wide Fire Map)

Rye Fire

off Rye Canyon Loop, west of Valencia (Los Angeles County) is now 7,000 acres and 5% contained.

Thomas Fire

Hwy 150 and Hwy 126, north of Santa Paula (Ventura County) is now 65,000 acres.

Creek Fire

Off Kagel Canyon Rd., north of Lake View Terrace (Los Angeles County) per Los Angeles County Fire is now 11,377 acres.

Skirball Fire

CAL FIRE is assisting Los Angeles City Fire with a 50 acre fire off N. Sepulveda Blvd, at I-405 (Los Angeles County). 405 closed in both directions.

Little Mountain Fire

University Pkwy and Hwy 215, west of Arrowhead (San Bernardino County) is now 100 acres

Here is a picture from my backyard:
    [​IMG]

These fires are burning out of control currently with very little containment, winds have died down today so there is hope that some of these fires will become contained before they start up again. Many people are loosing their homes very close to the Holidays. I live pretty close to the Skirball Fire, but luckily we live outside the Canyon and in the basin so no fire threat. Air quality is very poor from all the smoke passing over due to all these fires, try and stay inside if possible. To anyone who is currently stuck on the 405 closure, I hope they get you all out of there ASAP!!

To all the DPF members in these areas, I hope you and your families are safe! Please check in if you can!! Wishing everyone the best through these difficult times!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

krand1276 and Jabberwocky like this.
  2. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Praying for all those involved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tokaji and Sami like this.
  3. krand1276

krand1276 Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

We just flew into LAX and we could see the fires and smoke from above. It looked SO bad. Best wishes to anyone who lives in the area!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

4. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Be careful driving out from LAX, traffic is crazy right now... we just lost some streetlights on Topanga Canyon, tons of police all over the road

krand1276 likes this.
  5. krand1276

krand1276 Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Ooh, good to know! Thank you!

6. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

It is insane the extent and number of wildfires there've been...sending prayers and good wishes from Illinois.

Sami likes this.
  7. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

So many fires this year! It's like the year of natural disaster, makes you think about the possibility of an earthquake -___-

8. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

Luckily, i'm also not in the evacuation zone. I hope everyone stays safe!

Sami likes this.
  9. sirradel

sirradel Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Prayers going out to everyone! The last fires were terrifying, I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing so much smoke.

Sami likes this.
  10. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    274   0   0

So horrible. After hearing about the fires, I’ve just been anxious for them to be contained for the sake of everyone involved. Stay safe and hoping the best <3

Sami likes this.
  11. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles DPF Moderator Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

We are heading home from our honeymoon anad my in laws and Sister in law don't live far from the Liberty fire... and I am not far from them... but we are all just outside of the evac zone. Great vacation but not a great way to go home.

coblj003, watzshakinbacon and Sami like this.
  12. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Stay safe!

Sami likes this.
  13. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    203   0   0

I flew out of town on Tuesday from Burbank; we flew through the smoke of at least one of the fires. I felt awful for the woman seated next to me on the plane; she was from Santa Rosa (her house survived the fires, thankfully) and was down in Ventura County for work right when all these fires started popping up. She was so stressed out and kept looking through the windows.

My roommate was home. None of the fires ever got close enough to make her evacuate but she got the cat carriers out just in case she had to grab the cats and leave in a hurry.

Sami likes this.
  14. krand1276

krand1276 Member

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

Glad to hear everything was okay for you. The pilot pointed out the fires during our flight out tonight. Hope they are contained soon!

Sami likes this.