• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sold a Disney snowglobe to someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold a Disney snowglobe to someone...

Dolphin324

Little Mermaid Lover
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I sold a snowglobe to someone on the auction site. He has not paid. His first excuse was he was in the hospital, which I understand because that actually happened to me once. Now he's saying his back is fractured and he claims he is waiting for someone to put the money in the bank. Should I keep waiting? Or what? I'm new to selling things and this is my first experience like this.

Edit: just heard back from someone else he purchased from and he did the same thing to them.
Also I thought sellers couldn't leave negative feedback?

Last edited:
I would not wait, would tell him pay up period. No more excuses then report him to ebay. they should be able to help you out with what to do next. but do not send it until money is in your acct.
would leave negative feed back as well to the affect that he did not pay for said item.

that's correct seller's can't leave negative feedback - but you can file a report against him get your final value fees back and he gets a strike

I actually gave someone a whole month once. I wasn't eager to ship the item, and they actually did pay me. It's up to you if you want to wait any longer, but it sounds like you won't get anything out of him.

It is correct that the seller can't leave negative feedback. But, you might want to be careful filling out a complaint form as well. E-Bay has been real bad about the way it treats it's sellers. We actually had a woman purchase 8 different Barbies from us from 8 different listings. We then received a letter from the buyer stating she was not going to pay the Shipping and Handeling fees we had listed. Of course, we filed all the proper complaint forms and waited for 3 weeks to still have nothing in return. When the 3 weeks was over, we did receive a credit towards our listing fees BUT we also received a LIMIT on the items we could list each month. We did absolutly nothing wrong and E-Bay punished us with capping our listings. Of course, we couldn't leave negative feedback, but the seller could and had left it for us. This was removed once the dispute was settled but still it was up on our page for 2 weeks while we waited doing the proper thing through E-Bay. Needless to say we have personally boycotted E-Bay and will NEVER be using their services again. What's really funny is, now they are sending me at minimum 12 e-mails per week begging me to come back to selling on E-Bay. So the better saying for them would be SELLER BEWARE, because their isn't a dang thing you can do about it if someone wants to get snotty with you.

Update: I ended up reporting him as NPB. I checked his feedback again, and it seems he's done this to at least 3 people.

I hate that sellers can't leave negative feedback. I've had non-paying buyers before, and it is truly annoying to say the least. I try to avoid selling anything on E-bay anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back