• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Sold my Vinylmations, now getting into pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my Vinylmations, now getting into pins.

KayNic

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since the who Vinylmations thing seems to have really slowed down I decided about 6 months ago to sell off my Vinylmation collection which really wasn't going to bring in a lot of $$$$, but it brought in some. Plus I also just had a baby so a little extra money is always a good thing. Now I am looking for a new Disney hobby and I know Disney Pins have been around for a long time so I am going to give that a go. I have always really been into music and went to college and studied music and now am a Music Teacher in a High School and loving every minute of it. I also as you may have expected love Disney and my favorite attraction at WDW is Mickey's Philharmagic so I am putting one and two together and going to start collecting pins that relate to the attraction Mickey's Philharmagic. I glanced at the PinPics site and noticed there aren't very many pins, but there are some really nice looking ones out there. So that is my pin agenda.

I also would just like to meet others who collect pins and chat about pins and Disney. Here is a bit of my background. While in college I married a wonderful military guy. Like I said I graduated with a degree in Music Education and am now a High School Music Teacher. I also have a beautiful 8 month old baby girl who is the joy of my life. Unfortunately my husband never witnessed the birth of his child because back on last May 27th I received the most horrible news that any wife, mother, or really anyone could receive. Days earlier my husband was killed by a sniper attack while serving our country overseas. So I was less than a month away from having a baby and had to cope with this. My family and friends and the military were extremely helpful throughout this and still are today. So even though some time has past I do need others to chat with and to discuss fun stuff like this sort of stuff. That is the 2nd reason I am here.

By the way my name is Kayla Nicole and I am 25 years old. I think I pretty much said everything else. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Hey, Kayla! It's nice to meet you, and welcome to DPF! :D

Thank you for you and your husband's service to the military. I'm incredibly grateful for him being willing to fight for our country.

I'm sure you'll meet lots of great friends here, so have fun! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello Kayla
Welcome to DPF :wavey:
I agree there aren't too many PhilharMagic pins , but maybe that's a good thing (Less to be on the lookout for :))
Perhaps once you've got the PhilharMagic pins you're after you could expand to music in general , there's lots of nice pins featuring characters with instruments and so on .

Hey, Kayla! It's nice to meet you, and welcome to DPF! :D

Thank you for you and your husband's service to the military. I'm incredibly grateful for him being willing to fight for our country.

I'm sure you'll meet lots of great friends here, so have fun! ^_^

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Thank You so much. My husband was such an amazing man and so proud of this country and wanted to make it better. I'm sure I will meet a lot of great friends here.

Hello Kayla
Welcome to DPF :wavey:
I agree there aren't too many PhilharMagic pins , but maybe that's a good thing (Less to be on the lookout for :))
Perhaps once you've got the PhilharMagic pins you're after you could expand to music in general , there's lots of nice pins featuring characters with instruments and so on .
Thank You, that is a great idea. I was also thinking about the movie Fantasia which is my favorite Disney movie.

Welcome, and thanks to you and your brave husband for your service. I am sorry for your loss :(
I support through TellThemThanks and Anysoldier.com
Philharmagic is something I always enjoy at Magic Kingdom!

welcome to the forum!

Sorry about your loss...

I hope you find many friends / pins while your here!

Welcome Kayla. Good luck on starting on this new hobby. Sorry to hear about your loss, but many thanks to you and your husband for your service and sacrifice.

Welcome to the family. Philharmagic is also my favorite show at WDW and I started collecting pins for it about two years ago. There are many cool pins from Japan for this ride, and most of them are not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back