• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Some Pin Pics Questions

Some Pin Pics Questions

RetroDiz

PinPics RetroDiz, pm for trade
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not new to Pin Pics, but while getting my collection ready for use with the trading assistant again, there's a few things I've been wondering about.

If I keep my email private, can I still make/receive pin requests? (I used to keep mine public, but I ended up getting terrible spam, and now I've changed my email.)

Are people more hesitant to trade with someone who doesn't have their address visible? Does the trading assistant reveal it when a request is sent out, or when a request is replied to? Or should I add it manually to every trade request?

What is the best way to insure my privacy but still make it possible for potential traders to check my references?

Thanks for any tips. :)

Hey there,

I'm not new to Pin Pics, but while getting my collection ready for use with the trading assistant again, there's a few things I've been wondering about.

If I keep my email private, can I still make/receive pin requests? (I used to keep mine public, but I ended up getting terrible spam, and now I've changed my email.)

Yep!

Are people more hesitant to trade with someone who doesn't have their address visible? Does the trading assistant reveal it when a request is sent out, or when a request is replied to? Or should I add it manually to every trade request?

I always send out trade requests and then worry about checking out the references once I get a bite. When you send a request to someone else, they will be able to see your email address before they decide to reply to your request or not, so they can check your references in advance. No need to add your email in the comment box.

What is the best way to insure my privacy but still make it possible for potential traders to check my references?

I think it is no problem because people will see your email when sending out requests.
My email on pinpics is public, but that is only because I want people to be able to contact me personally if they see something they really need, not because I want them to be able to check my references in advance!

Hope that helped!

YES you can check refs when the trades are sent,as your email is attached to the request itself.I am not public on PP
but when you send a request..its comes up that you sent it like"Tiggermickey sent request to~~~~

Judy

Back