• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Starter Sets and Booster Sets from Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starter Sets and Booster Sets from Ebay

bombardon3

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I see a lot of these on Ebay for a fraction of what they cost in the parks. They are complete with lanyards (for the starter sets) and original artwork/packaging. Are these scrappers? I have seen boosters end up at outlets in the past (I was using all Hannah Montana pins for CM trading for awhile), but some of the ones I'm seeing on Ebay now are newer sets such as the Duffy set. I'm tempted to pick some up as I'm running low on pins for CM trading, but I'm weary at how cheap they're selling for.

I've wondered the same thing. I purchased a few and they were legit in packaging. I used them to trade with cm's. If you want to know who I purchased from send me a pm.

I know over the summer wdw had A LOT of booster and starter sets stolen off of carts and from the stores that is why they all have ink sensors attached to them now. Another cm was telling me boxes upon boxes had gone missing. It would not surprise me if some of these sets you are seeing are some of these (definitely not saying all of them im sure some are legit honest sellers). Also keep in mind salaries disney employees receive hugediscounts and could be turning around and reselling at more than what they paidbut less than what you would pay.

Also keep in mind salaries disney employees receive hugediscounts and could be turning around and reselling at more than what they paidbut less than what you would pay.

You have to be with the company for a long while to receive the highest discount so I'm sure it isn't the newer/seasonal CMs.
I know we only receive 35% off which isn't too much but fair enough. ;p
Plus, it's illegal for CMs to resell the merchandise they get their hands on.

Last edited:
It's illegal but doesn't mean they don't do it. Disney doesn't take too much time policing it. I know a few people that do it.

EDIT: MEANT TO INCLUDE YOUR QUOTE but i fail at posting :(

You have to be with the company for a long while to receive the highest discount so I'm sure it isn't the newer/seasonal CMs.
I know we only receive 35% off which isn't too much but fair enough. ;p
Plus, it's illegal for CMs to resell the merchandise they get their hands on.

It's not illegal if they "gift" whatever they buy to a friend...and that friend happens to be an avid eBay seller. There's loopholes around that rule, so I doubt Disney would be watching that closely.

It's not illegal if they "gift" whatever they buy to a friend...and that friend happens to be an avid eBay seller. There's loopholes around that rule, so I doubt Disney would be watching that closely.

Maybe or maybe not! But it'll eventually catch up to them one way or another.
A LONG time CM I know has been fired over this during this year. Him and his wife were booted from the company.

Disney does track CM purchases. But I don't think anything kicks in until spending a certain amount of money. There is a maximum dollar amount that CM's can get a discount on. And they do have the ability to print a list of all purchases a CM has made. And if you approach that limit, they will bring you to an inquiry and show you the list. I am aware of people that have been fired. I am also aware of people who have been to one of these inquiries and not been fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back