• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Such a thing as a fake ACME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a thing as a fake ACME?

Briscoefilms

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just wondered if anyone know of any ACME pins being counterfeited or scrapped? Tempted to take the plunge at some point, no idea what yet, as I can't see any Haunted Mansion having been made.

Not that I know of. ACME pins are ridiculously detailed and have SO many layers, I don't think it would be lucrative to even bother. So I think you'd be pretty safe! c:

The pins themselves do not have many layers like we think of with a multilayers pin, but the enamel is multi layered. Check out this latest Snow White:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170124/4b37ccc1ba2a79c46ea5c37f4e68be46.jpg

Look just at the cape, there are at least three layers of color/ painting to bring depth to the piece. Those layers are not simply large swaths of color either but detailed printing/painting of the lace and then the pearls. when you run your finger across the face of the pin, it is smooth with nearly imperceptible bumps where these elements are added. I just cannot see a scrapper taking the time to do this meticulous work, it would be WAY too expensive.

The first 2017 set of two include Elsa and 101 Dalmatians so no HM yet ...

This is time to remind everyone what the difference between a scrapper and a counterfeit is. It may absolutely be too expensive for someone to counterfeit. But unless their runs don't include any extras for QA purposes, there will be scrappers. It's part of the nature of a production line. So unless they get bagged up and delivered to ACME with the official run, there is always a risk things will get out.

Sorry for the goofy question, but what are ACME pins. I have looked for the answer on here and I can't find it!!!

Sorry for the goofy question, but what are ACME pins. I have looked for the answer on here and I can't find it!!!
They're pins with art rights licensed by Disney and generally released in China/Hong Kong.

pinpics folks could tell you more as it's their owners who are behind these pins' creation, events, etc.

Gotcha!!! Thanks, I was just wondering why I haven't heard about them at WDW here in orlando, If they are from Hong Kong that would make sense!! I do love art though might have to make an investment!!!

Tell us more? I didn't know it was a pinpic thing. So they not only have leftover pins for sell but now they make pins? Did I read that right?

WWWDD

Acme pins are done with/by the PinPics folks (with the Acme artists' art). Again, they're the ones who'd have the details about the pins' creation/subscriptions/events. *shrug*

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I will not be getting any of those pins. Helps me know what I'm not interested in collecting.

WWWDD

But don't they cost an arm and a leg to get ? I thought I read somewhere that to get a membership to them is 900$ / year just to access the $150 pins (please correct me if I am wrong)

Wow. I have not read that yet. But I know it's all part of making money off pinpics. I still have a bad teast over all that. But the past is the past. Only thing you can do now is support them or support someone else. I pick the later.

WWWDD

Last edited:
But don't they cost an arm and a leg to get ? I thought I read somewhere that to get a membership to them is 900$ / year just to access the $150 pins (please correct me if I am wrong)

I know some of the pins are selling for around $30. The more detailed/jumbo pins seem to be selling for 200+

A subscription is for the LE 100 pins. There are now only two released in each set and the cost is 125$ per pin plus shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever the price, seems to me like a cool way to print money. Why do we even need other companies making pins. Disney needs to take care of its own hobbie and not let it be run the way it has been the past few years. All about the almighty dollar. Many of the real Disney LE pins are not worth 125-250 bucks but some how these are not only worth that fee but you have to buy a membership that will let you pay the high price for said pins. Very interesting to say the least.

WWWDD

Last edited:
Hello all,

These pin's are sold out ? Because I received a ACME email for to buy these pin's ... and on pinpic it's no sold out. But pinpic it's up to date ?

PinPics is not always accurate. #understatement

And since the ACME pins are run/made by PinPics, if ACME sent you an email, they're probably more up to date than the PinPics site.

Last edited:
Someone else may have additional info, but Acme/Hotart is a company creating Disney themed pins. They have a Disney License. Many of their pins are LE 100 and super jumbo in size. The super jumbo LE100s seem to retail for $125... although some are now going for $250. I am not sure if the $250 pins are bigger/better or the price went up? Someone else may know why some are so much more expensive.

Acme has also released a few sets of LE250 pins. Many are round and mini jumbos.

Finally, last year Acme put out some limited release pins at their Pincons.

If you search pinpics.com "Acme" the pins released under the Acme/Hotart license will pop up.

I understand there is some sort of subscription to have the opportunity to buy the pins, but I do not know how that works.

Someone else may have additional info, but Acme/Hotart is a company creating Disney themed pins. They have a Disney License. Many of their pins are LE 100 and super jumbo in size. The super jumbo LE100s seem to retail for $125... although some are now going for $250. I am not sure if the $250 pins are bigger/better or the price went up? Someone else may know why some are so much more expensive.

Acme has also released a few sets of LE250 pins. Many are round and mini jumbos.

Finally, last year Acme put out some limited release pins at their Pincons.

If you search pinpics.com "Acme" the pins released under the Acme/Hotart license will pop up.

I understand there is some sort of subscription to have the opportunity to buy the pins, but I do not know how that works.

Thanks. I guess I was mainly interested in how PinPics and acme were related!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a subscription, you are required to buy every pin that comes out in that subscription (the LE 100 super jumbos for example) but there are no membership fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back