• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Suggestion.

Suggestion.

Tr8dWitMe

New DPF Member
Rating - 85.7%
10   2   2
When I first started trading, it was at DLR or on Pinpics. I had a friend that traveled around the U.S. For work. I took an idea from him.

I have a map of the United States which has a detailed map of Southern California on the bottom right. For each trade I mailed out, I put a pin on the city that recieved my LBE. In six years, there are about 400 pins.

So to my suggestion to the Moderators is, like the icons for awards, can you create little United States that members can have in their name. I would have a little California. And going one step further, another icon on the Castle to state which Park the member claims as their own.

If this can work, I can maybe go to a page of the state icons and say click on the California icon and all the members that state pop up?

Guess I have alot of time to think about........

Hello and thanks for the suggestion! This would have to be something members opt in to, as not everyone wants to broadcast their locations. Other privacy concerns come into play as well. Also, every member won't necessarily opt in, leaving the map not truly representational. We'll think about this. If anyone has other ideas, please let us know!

It could be an option like when picking an avatar? Or they can click on the icon to use it or with a #2 pencil, leave the bubble blank? I fully understand privacy buy it would be a fun option. Knowing that when I clink on my state not all will show up but the ones who did, we could eventually be "friends" or meet up at a trade event in the area.

It would be an option to chose not an option that must be used?

i cant think of a practical way to implement this (not quickly, anyway) -- however a lot of other forums normally have a "user map" -- say a world map and people can add their locations/drop pins there if they want.

Back