Terrified at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Disneylandforever, May 7, 2015.

1. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Just wanted to share one of the thing's that terrifies me at Disneyland and no it's not prices increases though that should be one of them. :lol: What terrifies me are bees. Probably because I have seen one of my family member's get stung and have a allergic reaction. Not fun. I love what bees do for us and your environment just deathly afraid of them. When I go to Disneyland the bees always end up finding me! Is anyone else terrified of bees or terrified of other things at Disney Parks? Would love to know you're stories! :)

2. Rvaya

Rvaya Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Big crowds get me anxious in general so on busy days at the park I don't have as good of a time and get tired very quickly.

I'm terrified of zombies so it's also not an ideal place for an outbreak to start ;p

3. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Lots of crowds stress me out too especially when you're trying to get away and everyone is standing still or stopping in front of you. :sad:

4. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

The only thing at Disneyland that terrifies me (and it's completely ridiculous) is Monstro in the Pinocchio ride. And my kids drag me on that ride every time because they think it's hilarious.

5. LadyArmonua

LadyArmonua Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Crowds of people are pretty scary, and Monstro scares the ever loving heck out of me (I can NOT go on the Storybook Canal boat ride, that one gets a big NOPE from me), but what honestly terrifies me (and I do know it's ridiculous) is the chance there are no working restrooms. :sad: There are quite a few people in my family, including myself, who have certain medical issues that require frequent bathroom breaks so I will legit panic if I don't know where all the restroom facilities are.

6. froggerway

froggerway nobody cared then

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

What terrifies me the most is when I leave the park at night. I'm always so paranoid I'm going to be stuck in a turn lane I have to take, or miss my exit/road I need to take to get home. I have diminished reflexes in my pupils so while I have 20/20 vision, being able to read close up and then suddenly far away takes me twenty or thirty seconds of adjust time and you don't really have that when 2,000 other vehicles are trying to exit the parks with you. :ugh:

7. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

You probably mean wasps right? After the queen lays the eggs, the "workers" stop searching for protein and start searching for sugar, which is why they always hang around garbage cans where people have thrown out their sodas. I've been stung more than once!

Pardon the language! :D

[​IMG]

8. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    252   0   0

If you ever get stung at the park, or have another medical need, the nurses at the first aid station are excellent. We've had to use their services several times and they've always been very helpful.

The only thing that terrifies me at the parks is Tower of Terror. I love roller coasters but I cannot handle rides that just pick you up and drop you straight down. I will walk through the queue and then exit while the rest of my group gets into the ride car.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  9. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

OK, truth: I have this trippy thing about being enclosed in the dark with water. That combo. Not water, not the dark (although I don't LOVE that, ha), not being inside. Logically, I know that the water isn't deep and that the vehicle is on a track, but I am secretly terrified that something's in there that's gonna leap out and get me. I can go on those rides, but I absolutely refuse to sit in the last row of the boat or (if possible) on the end of the row. (If I get stuck with the end, you best believe I invade the personal space of the person alongside, although thankfully it's usually whoever I'm with, ha ha.) Doesn't matter what ride; I get the same creeped-out feeling on It's a Small World that I do on Pirates of the Caribbean. And the weird thing is that I developed this issue as an adult. When I was kid and my parents took me to WDW, I had no problems with anything (aside from stuff that is actually scary to kids, like the freakin' Old Hag popping out to say "Want an apple, dearie?" on Snow White's Scary Adventures). But the first time I went as a "grown-up" (college), we were in the last row on Pirates and I spent the whole ride so far forward on the bench that I was practically in the row in front of us. Took 3/4 of the ride before I realized I was also looking over my shoulder a lot, like, "What's back there?" So now I know, just sit where I'm surrounded by other people, so the sea monsters or aquatic serial killers can attack them first while I try to escape. :p

10. itsmeadamg

itsmeadamg Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I don't know that there is anything that scares me at Disney...although I am always worried that I am going to slam my head into a beam that I can't see on the Space Mountain ride....I always keep my hands on my lap because I don't want them ripped off lol.

11. Suzziesue

Suzziesue Crazy for Disney Pins

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I have never encountered any bees while at Disneyland. Most of the time, if you ignore them, they just fly away.

12. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

When I was really younger and went to WDW I was absolutely terrified of Captain Hook. Like I would run out of the queue or hide under a table if I saw him. (My parents said it was because I was scared that he would see my Tinker Bell hat and try to take it. :lol: ) But since I've gotten over that fear, nothing really bugs me. Now parts of the Universal theme parks scare the daylights out of me, but then again I mostly go to them for Halloween Horror Nights, so it's understandable.

13. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

It probably was wasp's come to think of it now and I really don't like them either. My father was stung buy several wasps one time in our backyard. They got him right on the ears and head!! Ouch! :eek2: He was so swollen. The wasps always find me at Critter Country. I guess Pooh bear is to blame! :lol: Especially at The Hungry Bear restaurant. I usually do ignore them but one time me and my family were sitting down to eat at the hungry bear and there were a few bees that just would not leave us alone and kept coming back. So we got up and moved to a different table it seemed to work. Also am terrified of one of my limbs getting ripped of on Space Mountain. Also my mother cannot do the submarine voyage at all. I don't blame her. :)

14. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I am also scarred especially if I sit in the back of the boat on pirates that am going to fall out when going back up. After a few times riding it the fear goes away. I think it's because I take yearly trips so when I ride I forget how it feels.

15. EclecticGentleman

EclecticGentleman Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have never been to Disneyland, but I can tell you that my worst fear at Walt Disney World is getting my heels ran over by strollers. I have had that happen once and have a scar to show for the event. Ever since then, I am almost afraid to walk in front of a stroller.

16. Jordy

Jordy New Member

0   0   0

My biggest fear at Disneyland is The Tower of Terror! I would never go on it haha.

17. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I have had this happen to me way to many times. One time a lady actually tripped me and I dropped my camera! Luckily the camera survived. She had no care in the world when I fell she kept pushing her stroller and tripping other people in the process. :sad:

18. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I went on The Tower of Terror once to say that I did it but once was good for me! :lol:

19. The PINkeeper

The PINkeeper One Lucky Dog

Rating - 100%
    149   0   0

Yes! I couldn't agree more!
    When I rode Space Mountain for the first time I had no idea what to expect.
    Not only was I scared that I would lose a limb or be beheaded, but I thought for sure I would fall out of that tiny rocket!
    The whole experience scared the living daylights out of me.
    We rode it first thing in the morning and it scared me so much that I avoided all rides for the rest of the day :lol:

20. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Although I never thought about this, you are sooo right. We were trying to leave down Mainstreet and a woman with a stroller literally
    ripped the skin off my daughter's ankle and kept going. She was a trooper and waited until we were out to look at it.

Honestly, the thing that scares me is the photographers. My kids are really shy and do their best to put up with me
    and my photo pass. The photographers who grab and move them or push them to smile no matter what scare me.

21. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

I'm allergic to bee stings too, but I would think Disneyland is be one of the safest places to get stung. :) So many knowledgable and kind cast members; and a great little first aid station. When I went to China on vacation a few years ago, I actually had to sit out on a hike because of the amount of bees on a particular trail. Didn't want to get stung in the middle of nowhere! :dislike:

Let's see, what scares me at Disneyland? First off, the crowds. I have social anxiety! There have been a couple times when the park was so crowded, I got so overwhelmed that I left. (I was lucky enough to have an annual pass at the time, so I had that luxury.)

The submarine ride also freaks me out. (Weirdly enough, I'm not usually claustrophobic, but the idea of being stuck in an enclosed place with lots of people UNDER WATER is terrifying to me.) And Mickey's Fun Wheel is just awful. :anxious:

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  22. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

After reading the kingdom keepers books I'm terrified when I'm on the it's a small world ride I'm scared them dolls are going to come alive like they do in the books same goes for pirates ride lol

23. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Yep... I always duck on any of the high-speed rides in the dark... Unfortunately that backfires on me sometimes. One time I ducked so low on Temple of the Forbidden Eye during the rolling stone scene that when the car stopped at the bottom of the hill, I smashed my face into the bar in front of me. It ended up killing one of my front teeth, that I finally had to get filled and capped last year. And then there was the time on Expedition Everest that I was trying to duck and ended up causing a huge muscle cramp in my neck. About the only one I don't tense up on is the Matterhorn, because I can clearly see the clearance.

24. Moonlit

Moonlit New Member

0   0   0

I saw a few bees trapped inside the rides yesterday!

25. Disneylandforever

Disneylandforever Member

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

Bees inside rides. My worst nightmare!! :lol::anxious: