• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thanks PinPics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PinPics!

Coby

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is something I've wanted to post for a while, and considering that I usually come across mentions of the site with regards to its downtime, I thought I'd share some of my positive feelings towards PinPics. Recently my younger brother became upset that he had lost access to his account (for what reason remains unclear) and because he didn't update his email from when I first helped him register, he was unable to reset his login details. I emailed PinPics and received an incredibly fast reply, telling me exactly what I needed to do to get him back into his account. As grateful as I was, my brother was even more so and I really appreciate the way in which the matter was handled.

However, my gratitude to the site extends far beyond this recent anecdote. I started collecting pins when I visited WDW, which was originally the only way I obtained pins. My local Disney store back in the UK then began to stock them, only for the service to be cancelled and the store eventually closed down. I recall a few UK pin trading meets occurring at the store before this happened, none of which I attended on account of my social anxiety and introversion. Consequently, a combination of the aforesaid circumstances really hindered my ability to immerse myself in this collecting hobby. That was until I came across PinPics, which allowed me to circumvent these problems and finally begin trading. Before I knew it, I was able to trade with people worldwide, interacting with many lovely people along the way. Those small interactions gave me the courage to meet more traders, which is why I signed up here. Furthermore, through the site I was able to obtain grails I never considered I would have the chance to own, each now with their own story, built upon my interactions with the people I met through PinPics.

In short, I just wanted to express my gratitude towards PinPics for allowing me to become a trader, something which means a lot to me. I understand frustrations concerning the site's performance, but I wish for this thread to be a place where others can share any positive feelings they have regarding the site. :)

P.S. I apologise in advance for any lack of coherence, it's 04:15 and I'm pretty rattled!

Last edited:
I love that am able to catalog all my pins and find new pins that I never knew I needed/wanted.:lol:, PinPics is a wonderful resource and I would be lost without. It's always constantly updating with new pins and old which I love to find/search for. So Grateful to have this tool in this hectic hobby!:hug: Thanks PinPics! :bigthumb:

I agree. Thanks Pinpics. I have been collecting Disney pins since the Countdown to the Millennium and having this resource has allowed me to make 100's of trades with people around the world. I have been able to complete many sets of my own and I have made others happy in return with the pins I traded. I belong to a Chicago area pin group, and we meet once a month, but it is often the same old pins every month. Being on Pinpics is like being at a pin meet everyday, with thousands of pin books and pin bags to look through.

I love pinpics! It gets a lot of flack, but I think it's an invaluable resource that make this hobby so so so much better. :3 kudos to the whole PP staff!! You guys are the real mvp!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I love PinPics too! I remember when I first started seriously getting into pins and found PinPics. I went through every. single. page. of pins marking everything I loved. It took days but it was so fun to see what pins existed and think of the collecting possibilities. (I have narrowed down what I collect since then.) I love being able to catalog my pins and even though I haven't traded in awhile, I have had some great experiences trading through PinPics. Two thumbs up from me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back