The Disney 52 Animated Challenge: Year-Long Activity - NOW PLAYING: Princess and the Frog

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by MerlinEmrys, Dec 15, 2017.

1. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

Sometimes someone says they don't like something and they explain why, and you're like, "Yes, those are very rational and understandable reasons for not liking that thing. I totally get why you feel that way. It really is kind of a mess... but I still like it."

Yep. Love me some Phil Collins Tarzan songs. :D

[​IMG]

2. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

(Same here, I like the songs, the music a lot although i have to add I didn't listen to Phil Collins - Tarzan beeing one of the last Disney movies with a good hungarian dub)

3. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Bahahah!

Now, what I didn't mention is that I can rock those songs in the car........

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

Next time I'm in your car. You. Me. Tarzan. Oh, it's happening.

5. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

[​IMG]

6. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Oh thank God someone said this. I've been thinking it for a while, hahaha.

I was still working at DS when Tarzan came out, and we played the soundtrack constantly. I told every one of my regular customers how much I loved Phil Collins and how I would marry him if I weren't too young for him. I was in my very early 20s. And then literally a month or two later, Phil married a 26-year-old and the day after the news broke, a guest came in and said, "SEE YOU HAD A SHOT!!!"

I miss those happy golden hours. :D

And I want in on "You'll Be in My Heart." I can outbelt both of you combined! :p

Meritre and MerlinEmrys like this.
  7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Gurl, you can certainly try.

[​IMG]

8. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

What are you doing on September 20? :D

Never said I don't end up with tears and snot streaming down my face! But they pull your Diva Card if you don't learn how to sing through the pain. :p

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  9. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I like the music in Tarzan. :)

Edited to say:
    I posted this after reading Merlin's review and hadn't read the awesomeness to follow. Now I can say, I like the music in Tarzan. :)

10. broadwaybookworm

broadwaybookworm Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

So I actually can't remember seeing Tarzan the movie, BUT I did see Tarzan on Broadway. It solved the music problem by having characters actually sing the songs, but it weirdly made Terk a guy. Definitely not the best Disney on Broadway show.

Also, I love reading everyone's thoughts on these movies! I now want to rewatch Hunchback and Hercules.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  11. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I wonder if that's to try and eliminate any awkward cross-species love interest? Because there are points in the movie that made me raise an eyebrow, even as a kid. XD

12. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Ai yi yi, I actually forgot to do one, going to do a quick analysis if I can, otherwise I have to look forward to a future bonus...

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  13. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

You're good man. :) I'll be up for a while. Hahah!

14. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Doing a quick analysis before I head to work, I'll update later with pics
    1. Initial thoughts
    After seeing it again with my kids, they seemed to enjoy it though there were s few "scary moments." I think one of the cutest moments is that the Iconic Tarzan yell is portrayed as a nonsensical sound that even the adult gorillas cringe at, but gains its traction after his triumph over the lion. The art direction is an interesting blend of 3D/2D animation, ironically this is probably one of the films I could see remade in 3D and not be as jarring as seeing parts of Lion King/B&tB. I do recall the old Disney Channel Movie Surfer clips about how Tarzan's movements were based on skateboarding/rollerblading so it was an interesting twist on how that particular part came about. I especially loved the late 19th century vibe, especialy with the old photography; my favorite laugh is Tarzan riding the large wheeled bike in the trees. Phil Collins music was definitely a standout in this film and we generally have bits play on our playlists occassionally.

Story wise, it does steer away from Edgar Rice Burroughs original(what Disney film hasn't), but I like the adaptation. Still, there is a realistic disconnect that this wouldn't happen in real life as there have been similar instances of feral children who have to live in assisted living the rest of their lives. There is some thoughts as a parent, there is no way babies are as resilient as Tarzan as shown unless he was a baby Hercules.

3. Scene Analysis
    When you consider the deaths in this film is visibly the most visual stimulating even though it is far from the "worst" way that some is killed(mauled to death by Sabor) or even in a Disney film. That scene contrasts very much with Kala finding Tarzan's dead parents, which the treehouse is deadly still(pardon the pun) with kala hearing only the faint cries of a baby. The scene then goes to the soft swaying of a curtain but then a broken window followed by the bloody paw prints on the floor belay a more sinister atmosphere.

8. Progressions
    The ransacking of the camp is very similar to the theme park attraction scene from the Jungle cruise. It is also ironic as the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse would be tethered the Tarzan treehouse at Disneyland.

9. Iconic Scene
    The scene of Tarzan and Jane joining hands is one of my favorite scenes as it clicks what he is. Initially you have Kala using it with her son as a baby and Tarzan comparing his hands as a child to other animals as he finds himself amongst his adoptive tribe.

10. Pin 122758 WDI - Storybook Collection - A Treasury of Tales - Tarzan and Jane Only

This is a pin that showcases my representative scene. I love that it is also showcases it in the storybook collection; I thinks it's interesting that it is now part of the public domain as of 2014 so I wonder how much Disney paid for the rights originally.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    pincrazy and Meritre like this.
  15. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

"Your/My spirit and my/your voice in one combined!"

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    MerlinEmrys likes this.
  16. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Well, I guess Merlin hasn't gone to bed yet... Still, we are three days into the new movie and I still have to watch "Dinosaurs", so i'm going to post my "Fantasia 2000" review.

MerlinEmrys and coblj003 like this.
  17. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I love listening to classical music and have played in a few orchestras myself, so this movie is a lot of fun for me (as is the original).

1. and 8. My overall impression of the movie… Several things:

First off, I found the many introductions of the songs to be unnecessary and distracting, often to the point of being annoying. Especially the Steve Martin and Penn and Teller segments; I didn’t find these monologues to be particularly funny or entertaining. It bothered me that Steve Martin diminished the talents of the musicians by saying that some of them were playing for the first time when it is obvious that they had been playing for years and acting the fool with a violin and zero talent. Penn (and Teller’s) diatribe was more about himself (and his career in magic) than it was about Disney or animations or classical music; not really needed or wanted. However, I found even the monologues by Bette Midler and Angela Lansbury to be a bit pretentious and lectury. I think I would have preferred no segues between the musical numbers. Let the music and visuals speak for themselves.

WTF is up with flying whales in the “Pines of Rome” sequence? It just seems really weird, and I kept thinking that there was no way they could support their weight in air as they do in water.

“Rhapsody in Blue” had an interesting visual style but I wasn’t exactly sure what the specific message we were supposed to get from this sequence was. I did think that the little girl looked just like Madeline from the Ludwig Bemelmans’s books.

The Steadfast Tin Soldier (Piano Concerto #2 by Shoshtakovich) felt very reminiscent of “Hunchback of Notre Dame” to me. The jack in the box lusting after the ballerina dancer felt very similar to Frollo lusting after Esmeralda and doing everything he could to get rid of her other suitor and wooing her, with equal disgust on the ballerina’s part and with equal limited success (none). So, obviously the ballerina feels like Esmeralda but I couldn’t quite figure out if I felt the soldier was more Quasimodo (physically impaired) or Phoebus (her very brave and noble love interest). Also, the jack in the box trapping the ballerina under a glass reminded me of Jafar trapping Jasmine in the hourglass. Finally, the demise of the jack in the box (falling into the fire) was very similar to Frollo’s demise.

I loved the “Carnival of the Animals” scene. It’s fun and visually stunning and has loads of Disney magic. I especially like the part where the yo-yo flamingo was dancing with the other flamingos but still yo-yoing! Of course, this particular piece of music by Camille Saint-Saëns is a favorite piece of Disney animators/film makers (used also in the “Impressions of France” in the Epcot pavilion and with a VERY similar version of it used in “Beauty and the Beast”).

There is an obvious overlap of the original and this movie, AKA “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”. I do wonder why they put this scene in the movie. Was it to make the audience happy (more comfortable) with something they’d already seen or was it just that they didn’t have another new scene ready to go in its place? I will say, Mickey was a bit brutal with the axe. Who knew Mickey was an axe murderer? I would also say that Mickey’s wild ride on the book in the river of water was very similar to the Steadfast Tin Soldier’s ride down the sewer earlier in the film (even though it was obviously made WAY before it).

The “Pomp and Circumstance” introduction by Mr. Levine is a bit misleading and disingenuous. Elgar’s “Pomp and Circumstance” is actually a series of SIX marches and not just “one piece”. The one we associate with graduations is March #1, but this sequence uses excerpts from the first FOUR marches, not just the first one. I find it interesting that the processional is used for the animals’ entrance and exit from the ark. I also wonder why Donald and Daisy were on the ark when we see another “normal” pair of ducks had already entered the ark… Perhaps my favorite part is the scene with the unicorn, dragon, and griffin laughing at the folly of all of the other animals—obviously they didn’t make the boat!

[​IMG]

3. The scene I chose to analyze is “Beethoven’s Fifth”. I really liked the beginning of the sequence with the colored light splashing down and the abstract butterflies in pastel colors. I felt like the animators really captured the joy and grandeur of this particular piece of music. However, the addition of the black “bats” for a lack of a better term and the decidedly darker tone the sequence took was completely at odds with the still joyous tone of the music. As such, I was really turned off by the ending of this sequence. The music is fun and happy and boisterous, but the scene went really dark and forboding (lots of orange/red, green, and black colors clashing on screen) and this mismatch is off-putting. Also, they only used an EXCERPT of the first movement and not the entire movement. As such, the ending felt a bit abrupt as I was expecting more music and more animation.

4. The song I chose to analyze is the “Firebird Suite”. (3. and 4. actually give me an excuse to analyze two sequences!) In contrast to the butterfly and bat scene described above, I feel like the animators did an excellent job in matching the visuals to the mood of the piece and especially matching the changes in mood or tone as the piece changed from tranquil/peaceful to foreboding/evil (sprite who awakened the Firebird) and then again when it changed from dark and somber to joyous and regal (the death and then subsequent rebirth of the sprite and then the earth’s foliage). I get that the sprite is a representation of the rebirth of spring but I do wonder what it means that the sprite is born from the breath of a stag… In the past, I have always associated the joyous/regal theme at the end of the piece to represent the firebird but in this case it represents the sprite (and the firebird remains evil).

5. The symbol I chose to analyze was butterflies. In the Beethoven’s Fifth sequence, the pastel butterflies represent light and goodness and freedom while the black butterflies (BATS!) represent darkness and evil and repression. Simple as that. In the “Firebird Suite” the butterflies are associated with the sprite and the renewal of life, so I am saying that they represent new life and rebirth. I wonder if it was just a coincidence that two of these scenes had butterflies or if they were supposed to be connected in some way…

7. The goal of the movie is to further the goal of the first “Fantasia” music. To introduce the Disney fans to classical music, and to create entertaining visuals to accompany rather famous works of music. I think it did a good job, but I feel like the original movie was perhaps a bit better at doing so. Perhaps it’s just that in watching the original, I had no real pre-expectations and in watching this one I was (sub)consciously comparing it to the original and treating the original as the “gospel”.

9. Because this movie is thematic and the individual scenes don’t really relate back to each other, I decided not to try to find a single scene that encompasses the entire movie.

10. Clearly, the most iconic pin from this movie is the Gomes sprite pin (28967). A distant second goes to the yo-yo playing flamingo (42671).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  18. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Fantasia 2000 is an interesting time capsule; All things considered, I can't say that the pieces really mesh well as a whole program as each piece seems relatively self contained in comparison to the original. Considering the current controversy surrounding the conductor James Levine, I wonder if Disney will try to distance itself by not re-releasing it from the vault, release a version that omits his role as conductor to as visually minimalist as possibly allowed, or will we possibly see a remake in the horizon sans said conductor(such as recent Live in Concert version).

Another question I have is why is it that Dinosaur is considered a Disney animated feature library in the US, but it is The Wild that is considered in the UK/Europe?

19. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fantasia 2000 (2000) AND Dinosaur (2000)

Monday/Tuesday is our "wrap-up" discussion on Tarzan. So you're welcome to respond to other analyses throughout the day.

However, you may not post any more full analyses for Tarzan to count for completion toward the 52 Challenge. No late homework. ;P

~Merlin

20. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

That is indeed weird, because Dinosaur is absolutely in the Disney film canon, as it was produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. The Wild is not really a Disney movie at all, it was produced by multiple companies, and animated by another studio and released under "Buena Vista Pictures", they have done this for other films around the same time also, like Valiant for example.

21. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Oh another fun fact: Dinosaur was the first animated film to be released on blu-ray!

coblj003 and MerlinEmrys like this.
  22. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Watched both before my trip but didn’t have enough time for the write ups and I keep getting distracted. Will have my analyses posted soon.

23. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

Jeez, Tessa, quit waffling around!!! :D

24. coblj003

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Fantasia 2000 is one of those films that is not traditional watching experience, rather it follows the performance event style of attending a concert. That said each piece is relatively self contained and range from interesting, cool, to what were the animators thinking of? I'm going to do a little at a time starting with the Music analysis(this is a Concert). Is Dinosaur a requirement or Bonus, I may not be able to get to it due to my busy work schedule...
    [​IMG]
    1. Initial thoughts
    After watching Fantasia several times, I always thought that it suffered from its timing and wasn't as "grand" as the original. The pieces were okay but I definitely thought the Oscar style intros versus the basic explanation of the pieces definitely didn't do it justice. That said read the Program Notes from Fantasia Live opens up a little representation. They definitely make a difference in understanding the material. For instance, I always thought that the Pines of Rome, was a very Kitsch representation of a serious Tone poem. But when you have the analogy that the final piece is of the ghosts of soldiers from Rome's past marching along the Appian way, you get that grand feeling as the Whales rise up in formation toward the Setting Star. Carnival of Animals is also a very Kitsch representation compared to the source material but I consider it a followup to Dance of the Hours, originally the 15th movement(the swan) was danced to ballet by a the great Anna Pavlova, yes the one for which the ostrich from Fantasia is named for.Beethoven's fifth very much reminded of the Abstract thought process from Inside Out. My two favorites by far were The Raphsody in Blue and The Firebird, both had a very good representation Artistically that went well with the music.

But see the program notes here:
    https://www.seattlesymphony.org/~/media/files/notes/fantasia_programnotes.pdf

3. Scene Analysis-Raphsody in Blue
    Along with portraying the line drawings of Al Hirschfeld, much of the piece is represented in blue monochomatic with slight pops of additional color(red ball, yellow coin, etc). This brings out the dull/dispairing feeling of the characters and great depression era. Right up until the very end when when you arrive at the finale do you see everyone reach their happy ending do you see New York's Time Square in flashing multicolor(though the night skyline is still of a bluish tint).

4. Music Analysis for Edward Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance.
    This is an interesting piece because of how the Fantasia arrangement adapts his first four Pomp and Circumstance Marches(these four were made before the offset of WWI, the first two were together in 1901, the third in 1904, the 4th in 1907. The 5th premiered long after in 1930 while the 6th didn't see fruition until 2005 based upon Elgar's own written notes). Classical music often follows a standard blocking style(ABA, ABCA, etc) that separates different passages of music like verses in a song; this only just started to veer quite noticably in the late 19th/early 20th century. The PaC marches typically follow an ABAB format but to arrange it in to a heavily shortened time frame, they separated each idea into a block and combined them back into a ABCD format; The format is as follows(March#/idea Letter): 2A, 2B, 1A, 1B, 3A, 3B, 4A, 1B. It is interesting to note is that Disney decided to start out with the 2nd March going toward the familiar "graduation" march of the 1st; Also interesting is that rather then choose to showcase the 2nd idea of the fourth March, they decided to use 4A as a coda to the familar refrain of the 1st PoC, ending with the full orchestra and choir...

9. Iconic Scene
    The sprite from Fantasia is definitely my favorite character in the film. That said her iconic scene is that of the butterflies in her "hair," which is also used as promotional material for the movie.
    [​IMG]
    10. Representative Pin
    I feel everyone is going to choose the Gomes pin of this so I'm going to choose a different pin with the sprite, I got this at WDW as a CM trade one day but traded it away to someone here on DPF. I kinda wish now I could find it again without losing a limb lol.

Pin 69469 DisneyShopping.com - Impressions Series - Fantasia
    [​IMG]

Dinosaur
    1. First Impression
    A repeat story, experiment, call it what you will but it was okay. It reminded me very much of Rite of Spring from Fantasia, in which the dinosaurs succumb to their fate, err well they find the nesting grounds and continue on. The 3D direction is interesting but it is no Pixar, infact it seems they tried to go a bit on the realist sude, which is evident as they used real landscape/backgrounds in conjuction to 3D created ones. The soundtrack is interesting and bits of it reminded me very much of trying to be the Lion King(go find out its also Lebo M) that work. The voice work was also phenomenal with noticable voices such as Alfie Woodard and Della Reese
    2. Character Analyis.
    The leader of the dinosaur herd is Kron, who is very stubborn and hardheaded and thinking of the survival of generally himself and his sister Neera over the rest of the herd. While he is not the villain persay, and you don't know how he was prior to the meteor, the apocalpyse has caused him to become rash and violent towards other he sees as a threat to his survival. When I was looking up to see the familiar voices and couldn't believe that his voice actor was Samuel Wright, who also voiced the distinct voice of Sabastian from the little mermaid.
    8. Progressions
    The Dinosaur storyline definitely takes a cue from Fantasia, including finding the watering hole and marching through the desert. It tries to showcase the survival of the fittest even though Aladar tries to showcase compassion to the ones being left behind. Also the tree the lemurs stay in is similar to the tree of life from Disney's Animal Kingdom.

9. Iconic Scene
    The scene that I thought spoke to me is the repeating scenes of Pilo looking into the hatching egg. This marks the theme of life/rebirth that sparks from Disaster such as the Firebird Suite from Fantasia.

10. Representative Pin
    One of the few actual pins that showcases the main character from the movie. Most dinosaur pins tend to be of the Ride(ironically rethemed after the movie)
    [​IMG]
    Pin 3658 Dinosaur -- Aladar

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  25. Meritre

Meritre Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

It was nice to watch Fantasia but I didn't really have many thoughts :(

1. What is your overall impression of the film? Some possible talking points include: what you did or did not like about it; what about the film has stuck with you; what did you find different on this viewing; how would modern audiences respond to this (for the older films)… The list goes on. Hahah!
    This was, again, one I’ve watched for the first time for this challenge although I remember seeing the trailer on one of my DVDs back then when it came out. It is more like a bunch of shorts with different kinds of music for all the different stories. The music plays a much bigger role than in other movies.
    Also, they are somewhat unseen connected: Family, ballet, being different, animals, curiosity, life, love – those are the most important things I think make a network and connect the pieces.

2. Choose one specific character to analyze. You can explore how a character acts, what they say, how they dress, etc. to explain what they may represent or their function and meaning in the narrative. Try to avoid obvious "plot" stuff (ex: the Evil Queen is a villain, so her purpose is to be bad...), but explore unique and specific elements about the character (ex: the EQ is surrounded by images of peacocks, further suggesting her obsession with vanity). You may also use these elements to explain why you connected or disconnected from the character.
    I think I’ll go with the flamingo who was playing instead of doing that ballet thing. He’s like a typical hero,very different from the others both inside and on the outside. But he knows very well how to handle it and is happy being different and doesn’t try as most heroes to fit in. He does his own thing

3. Choose one specific scene or sequence to analyze—tell me what response is it trying to evoke from the viewer and how does it go about getting that response? Your analysis could include the scene’s use of color, action, camera angles, music, character development, setting, backdrop, style, etc. If you can justify it with evidence from the scene, then it’s an analysis!
    I really liked that this spring fairy (or something like that) turned everything colorful, using natures colors, first a cold blue, then a warmer green. But when the firebird comes and destroys the forest and chases the little fairy, fist she takes the firebirds colors then it leaves everything grey, even the fairy itself is left grey. But after the stag somewhat wakes her, gives her back her life everything starts to get first greenish and as the fairy gets happier her surroundings become less gloomy and more colorful with the swarms of pretty, colorful butterflies and restoring her little tree being the happiest point. Using first a cold blue and then a warmer green is repeated in the end, it somehow shows how life and the desire to create and restore comes back to the little fairy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Choose one song to analyze—tell me what response is it trying to evoke from the viewer and how does it go about getting that response? What purpose does this song have in the film and does it succeed in that purpose?
    I really like classical music but I know little of it despite the fast that I had music classes every day until high school and learned to play the piano. The music matches the movments on the screen perfectly. The flamingo’s performance was my favourite, it reflected perfectly not only the movements but the mood of the animals perfectly.

5. Choose one specific symbol in the film to analyze. A symbol is typically something inanimate, an object, rather than a character. So don’t say “Brer Bear represents dumb people,” as that’s more of a character analysis than a symbol. Rather, think about specific objects (jewelry, clothing, houses, food, weapons, etc.) What does this symbol mean and how does that meaning impact the film?
    It was really hard to come up with something and I didn’t find anything really interesting. I choose the subway from the Rhapsody in blue part. It stands for the boring snd disliked eversdays of the people there. It’s the point where they do things mechanically and are almost as emotionless as the machines down there. People keep their positions even after getting off, to show they simply can’t get out of this circle.I think this is a commonly used symbol.

6. Choose a single line of dialog that you find to be the most significant/impactful line in the film and why. You can be a little loose with the “single line” bit, but let’s not go for Maleficent’s entire monologue to Philip... Rather, something like Stitch’s “This is my family. I found it all on my own. It’s little, and broken, but still good. Yeah – still good.” (brb weeping).
    “Walt Disney descibed the art of animation as a voyage of discovery into the realms of colour, sound and motion.”
    Not only the making but the watching of the movies is a very similar journey. Also this whole challenge is a wonderful journey described by Walt Disney through Angela Lansbury. :)

7. What is this film’s overall goal? Is it to teach a specific lesson (what is it) or get an emotional response (such as)? Or both? And how well or poorly does the film succeed in that goal? Be specific!
    I think this one didn’t really had a lesson to teach, it was mainly for entertainment. I wouldn’t say it was to try something new as it is a sequel to the earlier Fantasia. Maybe it helps to appreciate music, classical music more?

8. What connections or progressions do you see in this film to past films? Example: how does Sleeping Beauty progress (or digress?) the princess archetype built in Cinderella? Be specific! Also, consider what use there is in returning to or re-imagining those elements?
    There were lots of elements that reminded me of earlier films, the beginning of ‘Pomp and circumtances’ reminded me strongly of the beginning of the Lion King – all the animals noticing a signal and going off into the same direction. Also, the Carnival of the Animals, the part with the flamingos also reminded me of The Lion King, namely I just can’t wait to be king. Both are colorful, have animals performing, there is a mischevious little animal who just doesn’t do what he is told to and does as he pleases, goes off to dangerous places.
    The stag from the Firebird part acted very much like a king of the forest, and he reminded me of Bambis father.
    The steadfast tin soldier is connected to The Little Mermaid not only by Hans Christian Andersen but the way it was changed, in both cases Disney turned a somewhat tragic ending into a happy one.

9. What is the iconic shot of the film? What single frame of animation do you find to be the most memorable and why? Post it! You can check out this link to find some great screencaps to help!
    I remembered the whales and this little spring spirit from the trailer from long ago so the are the most memoreable for me and the firebird ballet part was my favourite, I think.

[​IMG]

10. What single pin do you think best represents this film for you? Why? Give us the pin number and post a picture!
    I think I’ll choose this one because it represents more then only one part of Fantasia 2000 plus it connects it to the older one. :)
    Pin 1387 WDW - Artist Choice 2000 #1 ( Sorcerer Mickey & Donald)
    [​IMG]

(Runner up is my favourite little sprite:
    Pin 1524 Fantasia 2000 - Firebird Suite Sprite
    [​IMG] )

Stray thoughts:

I always liked that the tin soldier liked the ballerina bcause he thought she had only one leg, and thought she was just like him. And although it wasn't true, it didn't matter.

MerlinEmrys and NutMeg like this.