The DPF Names to Faces Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Goofy_Moe, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

After getting together with fellow pin traders tonight at DLR, I posted a picture and people got to put a few faces to the members they trade with here on DPF...

It got me to thinking that I would also like to see some of the faces of the wonderful members we have had the pleasure to meet and talk to during our time on this amazing site...

Here is the group of us that got together this evening for a pin exchange...

[​IMG]

Can some more of you wonderful members post your pictures and tell us who you are...

Thanks and I look forward to possibly being able to put a face to the people we have grown to love...

2. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I almost posted this same thread after I saw that picture earlier, I always want to know who everyone is... so I am going to be brave and post the first (and hopefully not only!!!!!!!!:anxious:) reply here...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Both from the same day this past summer.

I hope A LOT of other people will post!!:x:

3. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Awk, I wish I'd thought to get a photo of us at the Seattle pin gathering!

Maybe when docfish2u hosts that barbecue...

4. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Oh hey, I've been meaning to post these around somewhere anyway... this seems like as good a place for a Gratuitous Photo of Yourself as any! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's me! :D

(It's a thing I decided to try... recreating photos from my very first trip to Disneyland, in 1975!)

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. movingthestars

movingthestars Active Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Vixy I love those pictures!!! I always enjoy seeing old Disney pictures... the differences between the characters are wild... nice to see your face too:wavey:

6. Story

Story Active Member

Rating - 100%
    273   0   0

Thanks for putting the names to the wonderful faces of the group photo, Moe! And movingthestars and Vixy, love your guys' photos!! Vixy I love how you recreated your photos! Reminds me of our family's tradition of getting a group photo at the staircase in New Orleans Square. My parents have taken their picture there since they went with my oldest brother and 30 years later, the pics are a wonderful tradition! ^.^

7. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Hee thanks guys. The best part was 2012 Alice, she was so awesome... I showed the 1975 photo and explained what I was trying to do. The Hatter asked when it was taken, and I said 1975, and Alice said, "I remember it like it was yesterday!" :D

2012 Snow White asked if I minded if she had her hand in a slightly different pose than 1975 Snow White (I didn't mind)... I'm guessing the standards for "in character" are stricter now than they were then! (She sure wouldn't be wearing a watch nowadays!!)

8. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

Hi Everyone
    Soon as Larry gets the video from our May/November 2012 done,I will post it..and then you will see us and ME 110 pounds lighter than the one with Scoop in my profile!

9. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

this is a great idea!

here's a (slightly) recent photo of us:

[​IMG]

and one from out trip to WDW this september for my 21st
    [​IMG]

10. Donna

Donna Active Member

Rating - 100%
    283   0   0

Great idea for a thread :)
    I don't "do"photos :D I am the one usually taking them!!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

11. tiggermickey

tiggermickey DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    1591   0   0

[video=youtube_share;EkJ3Ycf4Qo8]http://youtu.be/EkJ3Ycf4Qo8[/video]This is us back in May 2012

12. Belle

Belle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Me, myself and I.:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  13. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Active Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

I have the perfect pictures for this tread. I will dig them out when I can :)

-Charlie

14. Pin-A-Colada

Pin-A-Colada The PTD Guru

Rating - 100%
    183   0   0

This was taken this at Dapper Day in Disneyland this September. Angel otherwise known as Pin and Alanna known as Colada. Together we are the dynamic duo, Pin-A-Colada

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  15. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

angel that is an amazing top hat!!!! dapper doesn't even cover it!!!

16. Pin-A-Colada

Rating - 100%
    183   0   0

Ahh! Thank you my Hollie. Love ya so much! I was in Europe this summer and picked up the top hat in London.

17. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

I am already loving this thread... Loving the pictures... And also agree that that Top Hat Rocks Angel!!!

With all the great looking members who all have common interest, I am wondering how many dates will be formed as a result a someone's picture being posted here... Hmmmm... You never know you may just see an image of the person who will be your next Prince or Princess... I am just sayin... You never know...LOL...

18. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Active Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Ok here's mine: it has always been a kind of tradition to have my picture on the Alice in Wonderland chair when we've been to DLRP (there was 2 times we went when the chair wasn't there so I'm missing them but these are from the other times)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ill get another one in 2 weeks when I go :)

-Charlie

19. YoSoyAhPuch

YoSoyAhPuch the 13th Grim Grinning Ghost DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    91   0   0

Here's a picture of my girlfriend and me as we prepare to ride the scariest ride in Disneyland; Dumbo.
    [​IMG]

20. zoelovespins

zoelovespins It's pronounced Zo-ee.

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

This is me when I met aladdin last summer. I pretty much died. lol
    [​IMG]

21. disneycrazee

disneycrazee I just got pixelexia, ok?

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

Loving everyone's pictures!! :D

22. HiddenMickeys

HiddenMickeys Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I love this!! I'm going to have to try and find a pic, though I don't think I have anything as cool as the Disney photos you all posted. I'll see if I can find something though...hmmm...

23. Pin-A-Colada

Rating - 100%
    183   0   0

Kristin, we are glad you like every ones pic, we want to love your pic too!

24. impeyan

impeyan DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Your pictures are great how old were you when you started taking these, what a great idea
    [​IMG]

25. Mikebribi12

Mikebribi12 Member

0   0   0

Fairly New but I'm sure some might recognize us as we start making friends here. Thanks all for the warm welcomes!
    [​IMG]