• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Good Dinosaur Fake/Scrapper Pins Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Good Dinosaur Fake/Scrapper Pins Thread

Ninpin

Mothmouse
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Since I've been on the look out for new Good Dinosaur pins, I was surprised to find a unique one coming from a known scrapper seller in China today (I didn't buy it, but it's on eBay if you search). I've never seen this pin before, and I have no idea if it's a flat out fake or if it's a scrapper of an unreleased pin?

Is it common for scrappers to flood the market before the authorized ones even make it out to stores?

Fake_Pin1.png

Added 11/18/15

Fake_Pin2.png

Added 11/20/15

Fake_Pin3.png

Last edited:
This is why I get freaked out and paranoid about trading vs buying directly. That looks totally authentic to me. The waffle pattern looks genuine. I cant see any paint flaws. Edges look good. I am not very knowledgeable about GD concept art, so I had no idea this was an early design for Spot. If I collected GD I would have been fooled into thinking this pin is authentic.

It is scary when these things slip through the cracks so early (pre-movie even). I do find it interesting that it's of an old concept design though. My guess is we wont see any authorized pins of this version of Spot, but if we did get them, I would only buy directly from Disney.

Another unreleased pin from the same China seller.

Added it to the OP - I think I will keep a list going if/when new ones pop up.

Fake_Pin2.png

So these are just out and out fakes not scrappers?

No if you look these are the original Designs for the characters. The one with the kid on the dinosaurs nose is the original design.

These pins were probably made early and then scrapped when the design for the kid was changed late in the movie. The first two were probably what the 2 rack pin set is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back