• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The Grailiest of Grails ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grailiest of Grails ...

Addicted to Alice Pins

Just here for the DMI codes; y'all have gone cray
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
So, I always feel awkward about posting "Look what I got!" messages, because while I enjoy seeing everyone else's, I sorta feel like, "Why would anyone care that I got a new pin?" Ha. But this is the one that has me turning cartwheels, so I'm going to share:

attachment.php

Alice and Dinah is (was) one of my Most Wanted pins, but Alice with the Talking Flowers has been perhaps the hardest to find of my GRAILs. In the four years or so that I've been collecting, I've seen it listed maybe twice. The first time, it popped up on the 'bay at an unfortunate time and I kinda wimped out on my bid--then, as soon as I lost, I was like, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, THIS PIN NEVER COMES UP FOR AUCTION OR TRADE?!?

But a couple weeks ago, someone was clearly selling off a collection pin by pin, and I made it my mission to get both of these lovelies. And I even managed to get the Grail without hitting my maximum bid (which, in hindsight, was probably bordering on insane this time ha ha ha).

In a word: YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! :cheshire::cheshire::cheshire:

Those are two really great pins! I always enjoy seeing new additions to collections, so I'm glad you showed us. There may even be Alice collectors who didn't know they existed. Congrats!

Wow, congrats on this. That's really what I ended up doing with my grail, not skimping. Unfortunately my next quest involves an LE 50 frame that used to pull up on Ebay for $500...

Wow, congrats on this. That's really what I ended up doing with my grail, not skimping. Unfortunately my next quest involves an LE 50 frame that used to pull up on Ebay for $500...

A) The best part is that, if this pin had ever shown up as BIN or in a sale thread, I probably would've just dived on it at a much higher price. But it went in an auction with a low starting price, so the seller really just let the market dictate the value--and it was much less that I feared it would cost. So it's true what people say, that if you bide your time, you can get the pin(s) you want without doing something totally crazy. Mind you, it was crazy enough to some people, I'm sure, but for me it worked out. I felt almost frugal. :p

B) I feel your pain. The truly Grailiest Grail for myself and most Alice collectors is the Mad Hatter Teapot from the mystery set (in my siggie). It's LE25. I've seen one for sale ONCE and it was PinPics rated and listed at $1,500. It's really truly the pin that most of us will never, ever own. But I'll tell ya this, if I ever did see it, I'd probably sell my Snow Queen Elsa doll to get it. Ha. Best of luck in your quest, and may the pin-gods smile on you!

Gorgeous pins! Congratulations! And I love hearing when people get new pins, especially ones they've been after for a long while. Shared joy is always welcome, in my opinion.

Oh my what beautiful pins, congratulations. It is always nice seeing other people's latest pins.

Congrats! Thank you for sharing, I am glad you did. These kind of posts are my favorites.

Thanks, everyone! It's nice to feel like pin people "get it." Everyone in my "real life" would say, "Oh that's nice," but people who collect pins really understand how exciting it is to knock a Grail off the list. Yes, it IS just a piece of metal and enamel, but it's also a little piece of joy. :hsd:

I'm so happy for you! I guess this means i'll have to put some new pins in you're grail sig soon! Congrats on the accomplishment!

I think you brought me luck with this siggie!!!! I'll see if there's anything to swap in, otherwise maybe we can just cross off these two. Yay! Thank you again for the great sig; it's a lucky charm for sure!

Thanks, everyone! It's nice to feel like pin people "get it." Everyone in my "real life" would say, "Oh that's nice," but people who collect pins really understand how exciting it is to knock a Grail off the list. Yes, it IS just a piece of metal and enamel, but it's also a little piece of joy. :hsd:

I think you brought me luck with this siggie!!!! I'll see if there's anything to swap in, otherwise maybe we can just cross off these two. Yay! Thank you again for the great sig; it's a lucky charm for sure!

feel free to pm me when you've decided :)

Congratulations! What a great feeling to finally have a pin that has escaped you before. What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back