• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The line at DSF for books

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line at DSF for books

Applecore

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well folks, needless to say there are a few which do spoil it for the rest of us. The following pics will show the good, the bad, and weary-eyed. The following pics will show examples of people using proper line etiquette, and those which are truly a legend in their own mind. If you feel that I am not stating the truth or am taking advantage to make you look bad, I called out those which clearly were not respecting their fellow traders.

I did fail to get a picture of the one young woman in the grey beret which jumped the line at about 7 or so to join her friends which were at about spot #130. But that one person's lack of respect spoiled another person's goal to get pins after being there like mostly everyone else.

I do expect a lot of flack from this, so give me your worst. I am sure those which were cut out of the line think differently.

Here is the back half of the line at about 7pm.
View attachment 8565
And a few happy trades which arrived at about 3-4pm today.
View attachment 8559
As always, some folks were being social butterflies.
View attachment 8560
Other folks hamming it up a bit, but happy traders.
View attachment 8561
Now THIS is COOL! The family that trades together, stays together. WOOT!
View attachment 8562
Was there an alien abduction?
View attachment 8563
Ah yes, lucky #3. He arrived with his two friends at about 2:30 yesterday.
View attachment 8556
The line at about 7pm.
View attachment 8557
Now the ugly part. See under the bench? Look carefully in the upper left portion of the pic. There's no extra gear there for other folks that came with the group.

The image of the people trying to cut in line, along with the two which were trying to allow them in and her daughter has been removed by my choice. I am not pleased by how someone who got caught and lectured by DSF staff can justify what they did. The folks in line will not forget who she was anytime soon.

In this pic, are the four which truly lit my fire. The blonde and the man sitting down arrived after dark and attempted to get in line in front of me. Nelson of DSF caught them and gave them a thorough lecture that saving places in line is unacceptable. Oh the drama flew. The one woman sitting behind the man on the bench told Nelson that they had gone to dinner and I believe one or two other excuses for them arriving two hours later. The same woman and her friend arrived just before me, with only one daughter in tow, nobody else. She also stated to Nelson that her son was 'at work' and would be arriving later. True, he did arrive later. About FIVE HOURS later, and WITH a friend in tow.

There were a few others, but I want to capitalize on this instance because it is classic space saving which is not acceptable line etiquette. her and probably her friends now consider me an enemy, but I do not care. They are mad because they got called for what they are.

Hopefully, Ed is going to give serious thought about issuing wristbands or vouchers for folks which SHOW UP to get in line and stay in the line up area. Not so much plant themselves and not move, but be there at DSF either milling, socializing, beverage run, etc. It just makes all the drama go away if you do that. Either that, or have an on line lotto.

OK, I am ready to take all the lashings. Give me your worst for wanting to have people respect other people and not try to be more important than anyone else which was there the WHOLE time.

I have also contacted the webmaster of the other forum to have ALL the images which MIRANDAWRIGHTS stole off our site and re-posted without permission. That was NOT wright.

Last edited:
The back end of the line was relatively secure, but we heard multiple times of people supposedly sneaking in near the alley. Can't say if it's true or not, but I'm sure the DPFers did their best to keep it fair.

It happened. The ones I posted get a portion of that blame. But there were about ten others I can call out now after looking at the pics from yesterday that I did not post. I am not posting those because I was not able to confront them face to face and do not want to make it seem that I am brave behind a keyboard.

sucks as should be max 2 sets per family as its a joke. sorry but I didnt get mine and being a bit of a grump (no offense to my getter though)

sucks as should be max 2 sets per family as its a joke. sorry but I didnt get mine and being a bit of a grump (no offense to my getter though)
Yes it is. BUT, if the kids are going to stay with mom and/or dad the WHOLE time together, I think they earned their sets just like anyone. I don't mean to sound like an arse or insensitive, but in that case it is fair. What is not are the space savers and early morning arrivals.

your not sounding like an arse and can see what you mean but then its a bit much for 1 family to spend nearly $300 for like 6 sets. to me thats the same as ebay sellers getting multiple sets.

Applecore, this is a great thread for us newbies. I found this thread educational since I've never been to one of these and don't know if there are rules or not to follow and who exactly enforces them. It's great to hear the DSF staff does step in and help out when they see it but it appears we fans have to help enforce the rules too.

Sttch2814...that is my family you are taking about..I'm sorry but you are in no right or position to judge how my family decides to spend their money..they were not only getting it for themselves, they were getting it for people on DPF as well...I brought my little brother so that I can get 2 sets for people on DpF too....we got there at 6pm for a 9:30am release for crying out loud. We followed the rules set by DSF..there is no need to be grumpy about pins u weren't able to get..that's a bit childish

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

before the thread faces closure, How many people showed up by he time of release? How far did the line stretch back? Im curious :)

Last edited:
before the thread faces closure, How many people showed up by he time of release? How far did the line stretch back? Im curious :(

According to my friend, #150 showed up at around 11:30pm. The line stretched through the alley back, then back up the alley, down to the entrance of the El Capitan Theatre! There were probably 175+ lined up at 9am this morning.

Sttch2814...that is my family you are taking about..I'm sorry but you are in no right or position to judge how my family decides to spend their money..they were not only getting it for themselves, they were getting it for people on DPF as well...I brought my little brother so that I can get 2 sets for people on DpF too....we got there at 6pm for a 9:30am release for crying out loud. We followed the rules set by DSF..there is no need to be grumpy about pins u weren't able to get..that's a bit childish

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I applaud you for being so helpful at this release :) Waiting in line all day for over 12 hours to help out DPF members is so generous!

I dont think is wrong for kids to stand in line and get pins. As long as they are standing in line all night like every one else. My son, two daughters, husband and I are all trading and we all need pins for our own collection and to have traders. The voucher that DSF passes out says two LE300 pins for people ages 3 and up, obviously they know that 3 year olds will not be showing up alone.
One of my daughters collects princesses and I collect Ariel and BATB, there are some ones we each get our own. Like the BEloved tales, for example. I'm not sharing my pin with her, lol.
im new, just my 2cents though.

Catburger you are the best. I really appreciate what you did for me and waiting to get the pins. You are an awesome person for doing it and I hope good pin karma comes your way.

I must say..... Being new to pin trading, this gets me excited. I've seen over night lines for beanie baby's, game consoles, and black Friday.... But Disney pins!?!!!? I love it!!!! I hope I get the opportunity to go to a pin launch so,w day. Prob not in Connecticut tho. Haha

I think that a second guard at the alley would help out so much. At least in the early morning. It's terrifying wondering if you are gonna make the cut watching the morning folks trickle in!

Funny, actually pathetic that Applecore is on here acting like he is some kind of upstanding Pin Citizen. He is angry with us because we would not pay him to save us a place in line. I also know for a fact that he offered "his services" to some others via private message on this forum. This is unacceptable that he has posted pictures of my children on this site after I pointedly asked him not to last night. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that but he is a liar nothing even closed to what he says happened happened. I have spoken to Ed at DSF and he is aware of this situation and has agreed that this post is incorrect. Shame on you Rotten Applecore :(

Last edited:
I went with hopes of getting some pins for some people on the forums (actually I wasn't picking any up for myself but a friend) And ended up with none.

but my boyfriend and I decided to stay since it was his first time and we got Pin trader ice cream and Jasmine pins. I'm sorry to all those I couldn't get pins for.

This is unacceptable that he has posted pictures of my children on this site after I pointedly asked him not to last night.

I, for one, believe strongly that people should be able to protect their privacy especially online. If a member asks for a picture of them to be removed, it should be removed (or at the bare minimum faces blurred/blacked out). This sounds like a personal issue between the two of you, so please contact each other privately and figure it out between yourselves. If, and only if, you're not able to figure it out, then contact me by PM (don't let it get to this...).

Otherwise, carry on!

Last edited:
Bottom line is this is why I dont line up fpr any pins. In life, it is ALWAYS the few who spoil it for the many. Pin trading is supposed to be fun. People get in line and know that they cant save places.
As for the family, they all collect pins and I know most of you are thinking (not all, most) that they just have their kids there for extra pins. I see it as a happy pin trading family, each who will get cool pins that they can trade for other pins they want or keep them. Nothing wrong there.
My problem would be people who get a bunch of people only to sell them on eBay. You all know what I mean but its this kind of drama I dont need.
Yes, When I get there and do things right and see other people not following the rules and I may lose my chance of getting my pins, I am very upset, will say something and in some cases, people want to fight.
Is that what this is supposed to be?
I may not post a lot, but I am here and this is one of the biggest reasons I prefer to trade with guest at the park rather than be with what we call traders. I dont need the drama, stress and cr#p you have to deal with.
Too bad its still like this. It is supposed to be a social event.
Have um, what is it......oh yeah, fun trading.
And the worse part is the people who do it know its wrong and figure whats anyone going to do.
Just wait, one day they will upset the wrong person........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back