The Pin You're "Never Going to Get"

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I haven't seen them for that low yet , I've only seen them for about $1000... or trade for Heroines <.< >.>

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I'm terrified of them releasing a Tink progression set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinyTink likes this.
  3. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

WHY do people post pins for such unbelievable prices? Do they honestly think it will sell for that? Or are they trying to artificially inflate apparent "value" so they can later drop the price to something lower-but-still-overpriced and hook a buyer that thinks it's a good deal? Me, I'd rather sell the pin for its truer value (still high for this one, yes?) and have money in my pocket than an eternal listing on eBay and no moolah.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

4. LadyBarclay

LadyBarclay Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Here is mine, 23249... Pooh with a ball of yarn for a tummy. There is one trader on pinpics. I have only ever seen this picture of the pin...it doesn't even have a release year listed. :Sob:[​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

5. kailei627

kailei627 New Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

[​IMG]Anything from this set. Never even seen some of them for sale :(((

6. meowmeowpins

meowmeowpins Thats Miss Meow to mew

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The list goes on with the amount of Briar Rose pins I can never afford!

7. noone

noone Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here it is pin #11293
    [​IMG]
    sigh... i keep hope-ing

8. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are others. But I think these are relatively impossible.

9. Stix1800

Stix1800 Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Haven't been in the pin game long enough to have a 'Never Gonna Get', but I'd love the Jasmine, Esmeralda, Meg and Jane heroine pins in my collection! Not willing to sell my organs though, so I'll need to bulk up on my traders.

10. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

This one has eluded me for a long time. I mean its only an LE250 but I've never seen it for trade, and have only seen it for sale on eBay once...

[​IMG]
    Pin 40249 Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Toulouse & Berlioz on the Piano

11. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    85   0   0

HOLY FIGS.

This thing sold sometime today. WHO BOUGHT IT??? And how much did you pay?! I'm going to die of curiosity now. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

No idea, but this one is for sale for $1500! Eek...

[​IMG]

a4matte and TinyTink like this.
  13. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    166   0   0

I sort of wonder...I know people with "not legal" forms of employment will use Lego to launder their money (and those old Disney VHS tapes). You can't just make repetitive deposits of large amounts of cash to a bank without someone tracking it. So they use cash to buy Lego (or steal it is another racket) --> Sell Lego --> nice, clean money going into a bank account that looks legitimate. I also know that there are some shady people involved in pin collecting...see scrapper and counterfeits.

So I wonder if some of these big money pin purchases are just used to move money around in a manner that won't attract the wrong eyes. Or if these transactions come with special bonuses (insert your opiate of choice) to "special" buyers. If some real person actually shells out that much cash, then everyone just gets a big LOL.

momin.ator and TinyTink like this.
  14. TinyTink

TinyTink Africa-The Real Animal Kingdom DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

15. lohofosho

lohofosho Goin' Down the Bayou

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

These two would be mine! Definitely two of my most wanted since I started trading. I have never seen them for trade, but often for sale on Ebay well out of my price range. Neither listed now.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

It took me an entire summer to negotiate a trade for this pin. It was worth it.

watzshakinbacon and TinyTink like this.
  17. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Ooh, I've got one!

Pin 8150 Pinocchio 1st Day of School w/ Figaro

[​IMG]

This is just an old rack pin. (Actually, a set of two pins.) It's funny how long it's eluded me - I mean, I've gotten a lot of lower LE Figaro pins without much fuss whatsoever. The mini Figaro in this set is ADORABLE. I wouldn't mind having Pinocchio, too, since he's holding books and would fit in my bookworm collection - but c'mon. Obviously, Figaro's the one I NEED.

I've never been able to trade for it on PinPics, and I never see it on eBay. (Sometimes, Pinocchio alone, but never together.) A few years ago, in one of the Black Friday groups on Facebook, the ONE TIME I saw Figaro for sale - someone sold it for less than $10(!!!) but I missed it by seconds. The memory still haunts me.

Sure, there are also some really HTF Figaro pins on my wants list - like LE25 pins from framed sets and whatnot, but I have made peace with the fact that I'll probably never have those. They don't bug me as much as this! :)

18. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

There's a horned king progression set at My D Pins for $500!

19. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I've been thinking bout this post for awhile, because I had two of this pin and am looking everywhere for my second one - but I guess it's one of the ones I traded on the boards at LIAA. :(

20. Tamatoa

Tamatoa I'd rather be shiny!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Awwww, thank you anyway! I appreciate it!

21. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0

Found another pin I'll never own

[​IMG]

Pin Pics # 64892. LE 2. That's right, 2! I'm pretending like this pin doesn't exist when I eventually reach Gaston completist status. Oh, and the Peter Pan version of this pin is currently on the bay for $800. Yeah, I'm going to pass.

22. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Soooo how much are you going to hate me when I tell you that I somehow managed to grab this for $150 (or something stupidly low like that - it was a year or two ago, I forget but I know it was waaaaaaaaaaay under what it normally goes for)?

23. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

I could get this LE12 Reluctant Dragon pin from the Naughty And Nice framed set off of an eBay seller anytime I want. It would make me a Reluctant Dragon completist!

[​IMG]

I just need $20,000 to do it. :'( :'( :'( :'(

[​IMG]

24. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    508   0   0

You got a great deal! I've been told Ursula/Vanessa goes for $800-1200.

TinyTink likes this.
  25. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

I feel like it should be doing more than just sitting in my pin book lol

TinyTink, coblj003 and starry_solo like this.