• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The term Zapped...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The term Zapped...

jcasper89

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was Zapped today. It wasn't painful, but it sounds like it should be. Where did the term zapped come from?

Thank you to the person who zapped me. It was an awesome pin!!!! Totally made my day.

I personally like to think of the "zap" as a burst/jolt of energy... kinda the same way you feel when you open a "zapper" package. :D

Sorry, I guess I wasn't aware of the rules :)

I was zapped by Linda (minipintrader), and she sent me an awesome pin that I have been trying to get for a long time Pin 61902: WDW - Pin Trading University - Disney's Pin Celebration 2008 - Principal - Walt Disney

It totally made my day!!!!! I opened the package before noon, and now over 12 hours later, I'm still super excited about it!!!!!

I like niknaxx's explanation. When I first opened the package and saw the zap, I felt tinglely, like a burst of energy. Now I understand why they called it zapped!!!

I think it is because it is unexpected it gets the name 'Zapp'. A bit like an electric shock, you were not expecting it.

Also, depening on who zapps you it might be painful because they'll expect something back!! lol lol

Have a zappingly good day,

Martin :)

Isn't is great to be zapped???? That wonderful tingly feeling just stays with you for hours. Congrats on your zap:)

From what I remember, zapping originated from the Collector Board on the Disboards. Only back then it was called zinging. This was pre-Dizpins popularity. Hard to imagine now, but that board was once the center for online pin discussion/trading. The Disboards changed servers in April 2001, and posts older than that are lost. However, this is the earliest post I can find mentioning the zinging.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=918

I am sort of thinking that since Disboards had it's zinging, that Dizpins had it's zapping. Same thing, different name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back