• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thin Metal = Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thin Metal = Fake?

akaibara

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have a few pins I want to put in my traders section but I'm not entirely sure if they are fake or not.
The metal is a bit thinner than what I'm used to seeing but there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with them. The enamel looks fine, no brushstrokes or dips and what is supposed to be on the back is there. (I'll make a separate post with photos of them and a few other pins I have questions about tomorrow.)

My main question is:
Does Disney ever produce legitimate pins where the metal is a little thin?
If so, what are some examples?

i dont know of any real ones of hand.. but i know the fack candy corns are thin.. also the back stamp is more rased up on the fakes...makes it easy to tell them apart from the good candy corns

I would not jump to a conclusion about the authenticity of a pin based on thickness. Disney is inconsistent enough in their quality control that you just never know if a particular pin or series are poorly made. I would wait for input from more people, preferable one or two people who are original purchasers of the pin, so you know you are comparing to an authentic pin.

I was wondering if the starter set pins were a bit thinner. I have never bought a starter set but I received a couple of the NBC pins from the starter set and they feel a bit thin to me but look good otherwise.

I was wondering if the starter set pins were a bit thinner. I have never bought a starter set but I received a couple of the NBC pins from the starter set and they feel a bit thin to me but look good otherwise.

I received a starter set NBC pin and yes, the metal is quite thin (mine was received in a pin ZAP.)

just a heads up... Anything and everything can happen. Thats why i said to try and look for more than one thing wrong. Disney will have sum bad pins make it past the QA... but with that said.. they dont let a pin get out with bad color..and bad back..and thin...or what not... So if u read as much about fakes and scrappers as u can... u will learn that color can b off on real pins and other things wrong also at times. usaly its hard to tell cuz disney trys to pull bad pins( not to say sum dont make it to parks). i dont know about all HM pins but the fakes i have seen have been thinner at times and also have a rased back stamp. when i was real new i thought the rased one was real cuz its so nice and easy to feel.... but no....its fake... the color was off also on my pins. As i have said b4... almost all bad pins will have more than one thing wrong. the pins with just one thing off a little..could b real.

sorry was not right to the point.... No i do not think all HM pins are thin....and if they are...i feel like the fake HM pins are even thinner and will have other things wrong with them. hope that helps a little

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back