• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This would scare the crap outta me if this was true...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would scare the crap outta me if this was true...

Geoff

Almost >< A DPF Charter Member
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
This would be a new low if these are less than legit.

pin48498

Pin 48498: Disney Auctions - Stitch Invasion (6 Pin Set)

OK, I have to defer this one to someone who might actually have or have seen these pins. First, open up a new tab in your browser, go to that evil auction-style site we all love/hate, and copy/paste this in the search:

stitch invasion pin -swiss -dlrp -dlp -paris -studios -wdi -mountain -lilo -canyon

And take a look at what comes up. I am very, very interested in this set, and it is one of my grail sets. However, the pins in the pics look terrible to me, especially compared with their pinpics pictures. Now, I understand that the pinpics pics are very bright and shiny, but I see dips in the auction pics (bambi/thumper/flower pin especially), the color looks terrible... But yet there are pics of the backs too and they all have holos. Let me know what you guys think. Would you try it???

I am not at all an expert so can't really help you (sorry!) but also - did you see the orange paint in stitch's ear on the Pinocchio one ?
And I agree that something is off with the bambi one.
HOPEFULLY Disney just did an average quality release for these ones ?

Goodluck !

I have this set, not in front of me, but they look legit to me. The Bambi one looks like it got glue on it, the right hand side, probably when someone sloppily glued on the hologram. I've seen glue marks on many DA pins, you can even see the person's finger print on the dalmatians one - something I have also seen before. And because they have the hologram I'm inclined to say they are legit.

HOWEVER - the Pinocchio and Dalmatians have had unauthorized versions. I won't say they were "scrappers"....they looked more like overruns because the quality didn't look that bad but they were missing the holograms and being sold directly from China on ebay. There are some old threads in here on that topic.

The seller also offers a complete refund if you don't like your pins after seeing them in person. I've seen many DA LE 100 pins that look horrible but are legit. Like Erica said, "because they have the hologram I'm inclined to say they are legit.

Good luck with getting the pins! I really want the Stitch Dalmatian Couch pin but seeing the prices, it's likely to never happen! Haha

Yeah, as long as they have the Holo's im leaning towards them being legit. We can't expect every pin to be perfect as we all know they are mass produced! That pin with stitch on the couch with the dalmatian was at the Disneyana convention! Sold for $100. :|

I have a DA 100 pin that I am suspecting it might be a scrapper actually. So, I have a question: Why do we think a hologram legitimizes a DA LE 100 pin ?? Are holograms impossible to fake ?

I wouldn't say impossible to fake but overall, usually pins with multiple layers usually aren't scrapped and this would constitute as a second layer. I've seen scrapped ones with the holo missing completely but the indented space where it's supposed to go, so virtually they'r getting there :/

Of course the holo itself would be more difficult which might be why they wouldn't it just is that little bit of extra cost i think.

I would try it because each one of these are hand finished hand painted. Anything can happen it happened to my friendship day these are legit also cameras can distort color

I had a pin I was contemplating buying it but saw a blemish. I messaged the seller and after some messages, they thought I was trying to say their pin was fake?
I took a screenshot of their pin compared it to one on pinpics, and circles the blemish. They apologized and said their scanner must had done that in the picture, but the pin was fine. They offered me a full refund if I wanted it, which I sadly ended up not accepting because Id rather have money from selling pins before I buy some more =/

It's a tough call to be honest, I mean the Dalmatian one looks pretty good, the Bambi one though looks pretty beaten up. Maybe it's just seen better days and is rather used or it might actually be a scrapper. I hope you make the right decision and I wish I could of been of more assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back