• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Thrift Store Finds - newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thrift Store Finds - newbie

Mbsmart

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Found these pins today at thrift stores. Any info? I'm brand new to collecting so anything helps! I found them all pin pics
787474309054cb7b179358203e723528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UGHHHH SO JELLY OF ANYONE WHO CAN FIND PINS IN THRIFT STORES!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!! haha

That mickey mouse club pin is cute! Welcome to the forum! PinPics is a really good resource, so make an account there and start keeping tracking of your collection, wants, and traders!

Nice! We recently found a ton of pins at an antique store in Lancaster, PA. The poor clerk probably pulled 40-50 pins so we could check them out and luckily we did because they were mostly all scrappers. They probably bought lots off eBay thinking they were legit. They seemed offended when we told them they had a lot of fakes.

Thank you all for your responses! I live in Denver. I paid $1.40 for the Aquaduck pin. So, that was fun! ;) looks like that Thumper has been released twice and this is the older version. None of these pins have any counterfeit notices on pinpics. Any concerns about authenticity? Glad to be here!!!

UGHHHH SO JELLY OF ANYONE WHO CAN FIND PINS IN THRIFT STORES!!! WHERE DO YOU LIVE?!! haha

That mickey mouse club pin is cute! Welcome to the forum! PinPics is a really good resource, so make an account there and start keeping tracking of your collection, wants, and traders!

Thank you! I was surprised to find so many in one day! Felt like a scavenger hunt!

Nice!! I rarely find anything like that at thrift stores.

Keep looking! I went through little plastic baggies hanging, and through bins they had locked up in a jewelry case. Since many of the Disney pins are so brightly colored...they catch my eye. Also cool...ARC thrift stores (at least the ones I go to) have a flat rate price for any pin - $1.99. So even the big pin still on the card wAs cheap. In fact, my mom was with me and got a 25% senior discount! Haha!

Thank you all for your responses! I live in Denver. I paid $1.40 for the Aquaduck pin. So, that was fun! ;) looks like that Thumper has been released twice and this is the older version. None of these pins have any counterfeit notices on pinpics. Any concerns about authenticity? Glad to be here!!!

Wow,it's great to have more people from Colorado here. I've tried various ARC and Goodwill stores but have never had any luck except an AMC Stubs Olaf pin. Welcome!

Side note: A friend-of-a-friend is selling some of her pin sets. Thoughts on these prices would be welcome! I'm having trouble finding "sold" listings online for price/value comparison. Finding Nemo LE 250 3-D/Diorama Set is $200. Cinderella LE 250 Book Set is $150. Mickey Mouse Club 2012 LE 500 Days of the Week Box Set is $35. Tinkerbell Jumbo Monorail LE 750 is $60. TIA!

Wow,it's great to have more people from Colorado here. I've tried various ARC and Goodwill stores but have never had any luck except an AMC Stubs Olaf pin. Welcome!

Keep me in the loop if you ever plan a Colorado meet-up of any sort! P.S. I usually use the mobile app, so I'm just seeing your signature for the first time - awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back