• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tiny Tink is online - Greetings from Africa!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiny Tink is online - Greetings from Africa!!!

TinyTink

Africa-The Real Animal Kingdom
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello All, :wavey:

Another Dizpins transplant here! Spent my childhood in the SoCal area...and went to Grad Nite at Disneyland 30 years ago. Since then, have been living all over the US and the world.

Home is the Washington, DC area. Our home park is WDW and our pin-trading home is with the CJDPT.

We have twin daughters in that tween phase - and they LOVE their pins. Our family is living in Africa for a couple years for my husband's job assignment. However, the good news is that we are able to send and receive mail from our US address!

Thanks to those initiating and supporting this site - a great way to keep the transcontinental pin-thusiast community informed and active.

Best,
Felice

Wow, Africa! You're a little way away from a Disney park, but welcome! I don't recall seeing you on Dizpins but I'm sure we'll get to know each other! :)

Felice!
I've wondered where you've been! Africa! Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you see you here! Ok enough exclamation points but I am very happy to see you, well "see" you!!!! :rofl:

It does not matter where you are, you can have pinsanity anywhere on earth. I have had people in many countries paypal me money (as a give to aliviate any charges) and send them pins. Just because you are in Africa people think of the open plains and forget there are big cities there.
But even if you are living in the bush, we can still get pins to you.

Welcome to the boards.

Welcome to DPF! Hope you find the info and most importantly, our members useful and welcoming :D

Thanks and a big call out to erudolf, who, quite nicely, delivered the set of surprise cartouche pins to me all the way in Lusaka, Zambia. If you don't know where that is, then it's time to google it! :wavey:

Kind Mods, am sure I am not alone in nominating Erica for some sort of new award for intercontinental trading. Shall we begin a list/map to determine longest travel route for DPF pins each year and then assign an appropriate award? Some travel reated pins, perhaps? :wavey: Bon Voyage

Pre-Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. May all your pin dreams come true!

Aloha Felice and Welcome! :wavey:

I remember 'seeing' you on the Dizpins boards and I'm glad you made it over here. We'll definitely have to chat sometime - I, too, love to travel and I think it will be fun to share some stories (and I'd love to hear about Africa)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back