• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

TL; DR - "I write way too much and I love making people smile. Let's make friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.
TL; DR - "I write way too much and I love making people smile. Let's make friends."

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Wow, I made it!!

Hi everyone! I'm J'aimie, and while I'm not necessarily new to the world of pins, I AM fairly new to the world of pin trading and collecting. I've been keeping a collection of Disneyana for most of my 25 years -- I grew up near Anaheim, so I was raised in Disneyland, and now that I'm on the East Coast (in New Hampshire, specifically), I make a point of visiting WDW twice a year. It's convenient, since most of my family lives in the Lake Mary/Orlando area, so I'm able to split my time. I thank my lucky stars each day that my mother cultivated a love of Disney in her kids!

My mom was on site as an engineer the day EPCOT opened, and ever since, she's been a big proponent of her kids growing up in the parks. I was raised as a Disney Princess -- wore my costumes to school and everything -- and now, as a freelance costume designer and seamstress, I get to live the dream of dressing up whenever I want.

In 2010, when we started dating, the first film my boyfriend and I saw together was Tangled ... it was an instant bonding moment. We identify so much with the film and the music, and every holiday or major event is marked with lanterns. In September, on a trip to Disney for EPCOT's 30th and with the help of Rapunzel and some amazing CMs, Dan proposed to me Princess Style in front of Fantasyland. We're now planning our Tangled inspired wedding for next autumn in the tower of an ancient castle here in New Hampshire with hundreds of lanterns.

Anyway, tangents aside, I ADORE Disney Princesses, specifically my home girl Rapunzel, I'm obsessed with 50's era Disneyland, I lovingly and openly refer to Walt Disney as "Uncle Walt" and I could ride "it's a small world" for days. I love the smell of Rome burning in Spaceship Earth, I'm too wimpy to ride Mission Space on Orange, the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom makes me cry every time, and the Brown Derby has the most amazing Cobb Salad on the planet. I cried the first time I met Rapunzel. I only ride purple teacups in honor of my late grandmother who was one of my best friends. My pictures with Dreamfinder are my first celebrity encounters, I miss the old EPCOT space suits with the rainbows, and I sometimes sing "veggie veggie fruit fruit" when I open my fridge. I was born and raised in these parks, and I love them more than anything else. And most of all, I'm excited to be amongst people who love this world as much as I do.

I also write way too much and I love making people smile. I hope I get to do both of these things here.

Let's make friends!!

Hi, welcome to DPF!

I too and obsessed with the Disney parks, any and all of them. Unfortantly I rarely get to go; I'm pretty much being restrained from the thing I love the most as I'm in the UK; oh how I long to go on the Haunted Mansion again... I have not been to DLRP in five years, and WDW in over ten years. However I research these parks a lot, even the ones I haven't been to. I adore talking about the parks so if you ever want to talk purely WDW related stuff I'd be most happy to! I don't usually find many people who will talk about the rides as in-depth as I do. ^_^;

Hope you enjoy it here! :)

Last edited:
See, this is why I already love the forums! I've met some of the sweetest people through this hobby, and I'm pretty sure it's the people that really fueled my interest in pursuing it. It's very nice to meet you all and I definitely hope we get to talk!

Lady Dobbins, my heart breaks for you! I definitely don't take for granted how lucky I am to be able to visit my family and the parks all on the same trip! Let's definitely try to relive some ride memories together, I could talk about this stuff for days and days!! One of my favorite feelings in the world is on the Haunted Mansion when the Doom Buggy goes backwards and down into the graveyard - that feeling in your stomach as you descend down that fairly steep hill is one of my favorite feelings on a WDW ride!!

It must be awesome to be able to visit so much! o_o I really wish I could live in the US; I've only visited Florida but I loved it! I hope one day I can visit other States too. :) Need to one day go to DLR as well, as its the original Disneyland park.
And sure I'd love to talk! It was a long time ago but I can remember some things from it, and I have more recent memories from DLRP. I'm sure WDW has changed quite a bit from when I went; well I know about the ride changes but... I do wonder if the atmosphere is any different etc.

The WDW Haunted Mansion is the only Mansion I've been on (well I've been on Phantom Manor as well, but it is kinda a different ride as it has a different story); I love the Mansion, its my favourite ride ever. XD Though when I went it still had the pop-up ghosts in the attic. o_o I haven't met Constance IRL yet. ^_^; Do kinda want them to return the pop-up ghosts there though, it did make the scene scarier in my opinion. I remember I had been on Phantom Manor first at DLRP, and when we were at WDW I saw the Mansion and told my family that we should all go on it (at that point I thought the Mansion and the Manor were exactly the same, lol) though not everyone came on it, same goes for POTC; I had been on that at DLRP first and was like 'oh this ride is cool!' and dragged everyone on it. XD

What's really tragic is that I lived in the Netherlands for a little while and took the trains to Paris ALL the time -- and I never ever had the opportunity to visit DLP!! I've heard that the story for the Haunted Mansion is very different, but I'd still love to get to experience an international park... maybe we can swap parks for a week! You can come to Florida, I'll jet over to DLP!!

The best new update in HM, in my opinion anyway, is the update to the Hitchhiking Ghosts at the end! It's so realistic and detailed it took my breath away the first time I saw it! The new queue is really neat, too. We spent too much time playing with the musical instrument tomb in the line... I think the kids in line were getting irritated with us! :)

OH!! And the ghosts in Mickey's Boo to You! Halloween parade were amazing too! Oh, you really have to come out here for Halloween...!!

EDIT: Thanks to lovtbell and lamorak for your warm welcomes!

Thanks so very much! I'm just eternally thankful that my fiance is so enthusiastic about the theme and plans. We just put the deposit down on Alfred Angelo's Rapunzel gown and veil from the Disney Princess Bridal collection which is absolutely magnificent in person. I'll likely share photos as the event comes closer and closer... We've been pulling every single detail from Tangled and Tangled Ever After to share with our guests!! I just asked my bridesmaids to be a part of the day by sending them each lanterns!

Awww! I hope one day you can visit DLRP! It really is a lovely theme park. And yes Phantom Manor is very different from Haunted Mansion (even though it has the same track layout as the DLR Mansion and some similar scenes), the backstory connects to Thunder Mesa (Frontierland) and Thunder Mountain stories and its generally scarier than the Mansion (I'm always willing to explain the story of Phantom Manor so if you have any questions about the ride or how it differs from the Mansion just ask!). I'd love to go to Florida again; I was wondering about the Pin Event that will be held at Epcot next year... but it would be very expensive for me to even get there. o_o

Ah yes the interative Hitchhikers! I loooooove the new animatronics for them; Ezra (if I do say so myself) looks amazing! :D And the CG ghosts kinda show their personalities more. Of course I love the old effect too which is still used at DLR/TDL... oh and for the Phantom at DLRP. As you can probably tell; I love the Hitchhiking Ghosts. XD

I'd love to see the Boo to You Parade in person; the Mansion section is great. :)

I have a regret about WDW though; I didn't go on Space Mountain! O_O Back then I thought it was as intense and scary as the DLRP Space Mountain (which I had been too scared to go on). Of course now I have been on the DLRP Space Mountain and found it to be an amazing coaster. But I am very bothered I didn't go on it at WDW; it is the original Space Mountain after all.

You guys are awesome! And for what it's worth, the fastest way to make it onto the guest list is by making Carly Rae Jepsen references, so please, bring them on! (I hate how much I love that girl.)

SoraPandora, you're also awesome because on a whim, I checked your "Wants" list, because I love seeing what people are after. Because of your list, I discovered that there's a Disney Afternoon mystery pin set, and now I have the Disney Afternoon theme stuck in my head. Oh, memories.

Lady Dobbins, I'm sending you a PM. I want to hear more about Phantom Manor from someone who has been on it! Come on out to FL and live your dream of riding Space Mountain!! The Star Tunnel music at the end of the ride is lovely!!

Booger1964, thanks for your compliment. Its easy to write about something you're passionate about, and I can't express how happy I am to have found an internet home here!

This seriously just made my day. I think its just so cool that you're doing this! I would love to have a Disney wedding. Its pretty much my dream, lol. You definitely have to share pictures! <3 Oh and Carly Rae Jepson? Girl, I love her! Haha!
Thanks so very much! I'm just eternally thankful that my fiance is so enthusiastic about the theme and plans. We just put the deposit down on Alfred Angelo's Rapunzel gown and veil from the Disney Princess Bridal collection which is absolutely magnificent in person. I'll likely share photos as the event comes closer and closer... We've been pulling every single detail from Tangled and Tangled Ever After to share with our guests!! I just asked my bridesmaids to be a part of the day by sending them each lanterns!

Last edited:
Aww, yeah!! I made a friend!! I feel like I'm a kid at the first day of school trying to trade my Snack Pack for a spot at the cool kids table.

"Please!! Talk to me about my wedding! I'm cool, I swear, here, have my Oreos AND my Snack Pack!"

... wow, it might actually be time to go to bed, haha. I'm sorry, DPF, I'm sorry!! (But seriously, thanks for the friend request and identifying with my love of Carly Rae Jepsen... I hate that I love the song she has with Bieber. Oh wow, guilty confessions...)

Hi there. I just met you, but I love you. *Dug voice*

Hahaha! You and I have a lot in common! Your wedding is going to be amazinggg! Invite me? :D I take it you are collecting Tangled pins then? Tangled is what got me back into pin trading.. sadly, tangled pins are HARD to get a hold of... so best of luck!! :)

It was so nice to wake up to more warm welcomes this morning!! It especially brightened my workday, as I'm sneaking a peek at the forums on a break! iPhones are amazing.

BugCatcherJenna, right now for money's sake, I'm only collecting Tangled. I've made a tiny dent in the collection... I actually JUST acquired your Tangled grail, alas. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can creepily stare at it in the dark and watch the lanterns glow!!

You guys are making me so excited about my wedding... Maybe I'll telecast it or live stream it online!! Thank you all for your kindness.

Ah maybe one day I'll return to Florida... here's hoping anyhow! XD Oh and your wedding sounds like it will be amazing! Congratulations! :) BTW I sent a friend request... everyone likes friend requests right? :D

Hi J'aimie! Welcome to DPF! WDW is my usual park too...my husband and I usually go there once or twice a year (the end of this month will make 3 times this year...yay!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back