• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Tomart's Disneyana: Guide To Pin Trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomart's Disneyana: Guide To Pin Trading?

Cursor

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is Tomart's Disneyana: Guide To Pin Trading any good? I saw it at WDW in January but thought it would be cheaper to buy it elsewhere. I can't find a 2011 edition on the internet but I'm sure I saw it there. Is there anywhere in the UK that sells them?

Hi there

The last edition to be published was the 6th Edition back in 2007. It's quite good for reference as it groups the pins by film them onto park and also gives a guide value to them. However in edition 6 they concentrated on the USA theme park, Disney Cruiseline and Imagineering/Studio pins.

I purchased mine from Amazon in the UK but that was back in 2007.

Hope that this helps

Thanks, I saw it on there but I thought there was a more recent version, there must be hundreds of pins added since 2007.

Do you just need this one or one or all of the previous editions?

I'll keep an eye out for one here, otherwise maybe later from Epcot.

Yes, I looked there but the estimated shipping to the UK didn't work for me. I think it might be too outdated to be of any use.

In my opinion only good as a reference, slightly difficult to understand unless you're familiar with the all the resorts/parks/characters & their sets/groups etc. The valuation is not to be taken literally.

The latest version was on sale at EPCOT last week & in need of an update!

The Tomarts you refer to has only 17,000 pins out of the approximately 60,000+ pins listed on PinPics. It does not have any Disney Auctions pins, and few if any Tokyo, Hong Kong or Paris pins listed. Anything released more recently than 2008 will not be in it either. Ours now sits on a shelf!

There are so many pins out now, unless you subscribe to the magazine you don't get the Hong Kong, Paris or Japan pins. Only the American pins and the DCL pins are in the Tomart's book and by the time the book is published its really out of date. There is an insert with the non-US pins that goes along with book that you can order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back