• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

U.S. stamps to feature Disney-Pixar characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. stamps to feature Disney-Pixar characters

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
[h=1]U.S. stamps to feature Disney-Pixar characters[/h]
Aug 16, 2011

Beginning Friday, August 19th, the United States Postal Service will begin selling stamps featuring Disney-Pixar characters as part of a campaign to get customers to use the mail to connect with loved ones. The characters are meant to promote friendship and family ties and come three years after the "Art of Disney" stamp series ended. There will be 5 different designs including Lightning McQueen and Mater from "Cars," Remy and Linguini from "Ratatouille," Buzz Lightyear and two of the green, three-eyed aliens from "Toy Story," Carl Fredricksen and Dug from "Up," and WALL-E. These new stamps will be "Forever" stamps which can be used any time regardless of postal rate changes.

To celebrate the release of the new stamps, a ceremony will be held at this year's D23 expo in Anaheim, CA featuring Pixar's chief creative officer John Lasseter and Ronald A. Stroman, deputy postmaster general.

PixarPerils will love this :)
You know me so well, Chloe! :lgm:

I have been counting down the days until August 19th since March 3rd! Back then it seemed like August would never get here... now that it's here, I wish it would hurry and leave (because of the Texas heat).

Effective starting next week, anyone who trades with me should expect to see these lovelies on the front of their LBEs. And if any of you are thinking about sending me a trade request, now is a really good time, because I'll be looking for any excuse to mail something!

Is it in a group or can i get say Wall e and Up alone that would be neat..

If you go to your post office, you can usually just buy those two stamps (at least my post office will sell me as little stamps as I want from a pane). Basically, they take the sheet and use that as the one they will "break apart" for those people who only want one or two stamps.

I bought 3 sheets of 20 :) And did you see the "Send a Hello" postcards? Cute!

Normally, Disney does a pin day that contains a frame set of the stamps and pins. And a cancelled letter with the stamp and a pin, ect.

Did they release this at D23? Great minds wanna know.

Gotta have that Carl and Dug pin!!!!!!!!

I also want these pins as stamps. The cancelled letter and stamp are available in the post office online store. But I don't see any pins . . . :0( None were released at D23 as far as I know - but i didnt make it to the release forum - did anyone who did attend that forum hear anything?

If you go to your post office, you can usually just buy those two stamps (at least my post office will sell me as little stamps as I want from a pane). Basically, they take the sheet and use that as the one they will "break apart" for those people who only want one or two stamps.

Didn't think about that I'll have to see though.

Anyone know if they'll be making the pins? I think all of the stamps are awesome! I was surprised that Woody wasn't in the Toy Story stamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back