• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK coming soon pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK coming soon pins
Think it's a joke, that only 16 stores now to do pins, not got any stores that local to Oxford, and it means that we have to london, Cardiff or Milton Kenyes, which takes a good hour if not longer!!! As much as i love to buy/trade pins, As much as I love to trade and buy pins, think may have to stop UK pins, and just get them from USA....If Disney actually bothered to teach the CM's about the trading and tried to push it with pin events, they could make a real killing in the stores.

Sorry, but I have an ignorant American question: what do you guys call a "coach"?

...because I'm thinking of a horse-drawn carriage, and I'm having a hard time picturing you travelling through downtown Dublin in one of those. :lol:

Haha Definitely book the day off work!! Yeah, I put them in my basket, went to checkout and it said "Oops sorry this item is not available anymore" :/

I tried to do it on two different accounts, and with each pin seperately and it didn't work.
Also when I try to add it to my basket now It says It's not available at this time.

Sean

Personally, I'm THRILLED with the announcement about pins in the UK. I can understand how it can be disappointing that they are reducing the number of stores they sell pins at, but if they don't sell a lot of pins at those stores, why continue doing it? And it will decrease operational costs so they can spend more time and money on the design of pins, which is fantastic. I think there is so much good news about this announcement and we are only focusing on the negative. 1) lower edition sizes (YAY!), 2) Larger spread of characters (WOO-HOO!), 3) FREE POSTAGE! (Really, how awesome is that?) 4) And a city exclusive pin? How neat is that! Imagine if they expanded that to the other stores too... very cool! I'm going to have to grab the London one if it's there next month while I'm visiting.

Personally, this announcement is a pleasure to hear, and very exciting. Disney is taking the time to listen to what pin traders/collectors want, and are doing what they can to make sure we get what we want. You have to take the good with the bad, and I think reducing stores in the end will be a benefit. This is a very, very good announcement.

Hmmm... keep trying, Sean. I can't believe that they would have sold out within 1 hour. Not that I am doubting you, keep trying.

I feel awful now cos I managed to get 3 :S

Yeah I'm Stilly trying. Don't feel bad I wasn't too desperate for them :) and plus you bought yours to help other members so you totally deserve them! :)

Personally, I'm THRILLED with the announcement about pins in the UK. I can understand how it can be disappointing that they are reducing the number of stores they sell pins at, but if they don't sell a lot of pins at those stores, why continue doing it? And it will decrease operational costs so they can spend more time and money on the design of pins, which is fantastic. I think there is so much good news about this announcement and we are only focusing on the negative. 1) lower edition sizes (YAY!), 2) Larger spread of characters (WOO-HOO!), 3) FREE POSTAGE! (Really, how awesome is that?) 4) And a city exclusive pin? How neat is that! Imagine if they expanded that to the other stores too... very cool! I'm going to have to grab the London one if it's there next month while I'm visiting.

Personally, this announcement is a pleasure to hear, and very exciting. Disney is taking the time to listen to what pin traders/collectors want, and are doing what they can to make sure we get what we want. You have to take the good with the bad, and I think reducing stores in the end will be a benefit. This is a very, very good announcement.

Thats all very well and good to say that when you live in the US but if you are like me that only has 1 store that recently opened and NOT be included on the list then yes I will be negative as you say FREE postage..that is UK ONLY that doesnt count for me in Ireland so strike one for me on that so would still cost me £5-8 postage for a single pin. And to say city exclusive pin and yet BOTH irish stores are no longer going to carry pins..so where would the Irish store exclusive pin be sold (if they made one that is)??

its fine for everyone in the UK to be happy with this announcement yet those of us few who are NOT in the UK as there are other irish traders just not hugely involved with the internet (so far anyway) are getting the brunt end of the stick as to say you cant buy pins and if you want them you HAVE to buy online as the only way to obtain new pins which is ridiculous when the free shipping is offered to inside the UK ONLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back