• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UPDATE: Another Disney Web Site Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your links aren't working for me, but someone mentioned to me yesterday that odpt.com is gone which is very sad as that housed at least the past few years' worth of pin release flyers for the parks. And now that page is gone, so where do we find flyers or the event information for the annual event?

Your links aren't working for me, but someone mentioned to me yesterday that odpt.com is gone which is very sad as that housed at least the past few years' worth of pin release flyers for the parks. And now that page is gone, so where do we find flyers or the event information for the annual event?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I'll call event services on Monday to see what they say.

I had the page bookmarked and checked it regularly. My bookmark is now redirected to:
{{ metaTag.socialTitle || metaTag.title}}
"Shop Disney Parks"
There are currently some limited edition pins listed for sale, but when I clicked on one of the figment pins, the item it says item only available in the parks.
Not a good replacement for us since the old site told us what was upcoming, but probably will make Disney more money.

Bummer!! The site was good for Event information and what was going to happen down the road. I guess that's why they never updated the Pin Event information on the banner page from last August. A little heads-up would have been nice. If they don't come up with a replacement we are lost in the woods for pin information

giphy.gif

^ Yup. That's how I feel about all the history lost with that page gone. :(

I have a lot of stuff saved, because of the last time they deleted their pin stuff. Not that it helps anyone else. For those that are familiar with searching for stuff on the Internet Archive, this link should help, but you may have to sort through a bunch of junk to find the blog posts that are useful.

Wayback Machine

^ Still heartbreaking. Probably second biggest loss of straight-up info to DizPins' loss. Well, no, PinPics was a big loss, too, when that stopped being comprehensive and now is just... a vestige of its former self.

The oldtimers now ARE the history of this hobby. Thanks goodness a few are still around. But very few. :(

I keep my records up to date, but those are strictly for Wonderland and nothing else.

UPDATE: Event services has informed me that the site will be back online in about a week. They are working on issues they were having with the site and were told when it is back, it will be similar to the old site and contain a pin section (fingers crossed). Maybe they'll bring back the database like they had at eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/ .

Last edited:
UPDATE: Event services has informed me that the site will be back online in about a week. They are working on issues they were having with the site and were told it when it is back, it will be similar to the old site and contain a pin section (fingers crossed). Maybe they'll bring back the database like they had at eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/ .
Yay! Good news!

Hmmmm....Odd that they didn't put a "Pardon our dust, under construction, go here in the meantime" link. But that's just my suspicious side talking. I hope that side is way off!

UPDATE: Event services has informed me that the site will be back online in about a week. They are working on issues they were having with the site and were told when it is back, it will be similar to the old site and contain a pin section (fingers crossed). Maybe they'll bring back the database like they had at eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/ .

This is what I was HOPING would be the case. They need to update the webpage. TYVM for checking. Fingers-crossed.

Hmmmm....Odd that they didn't put a "Pardon our dust, under construction, go here in the meantime" link. But that's just my suspicious side talking. I hope that side is way off!
Yeah, I questioned why they would take something down without having something else ready. Their reply was that they were having too many issues with things not working properly and would have something back in about a week. Mind you, this was the non-technical people answering the questions by what they were told by the technical people. I'm suspicious as well and expect it will take them longer, if ever at all.

Yeah, I questioned why they would take something down without having something else ready. Their reply was that they were having too many issues with things not working properly and would have something back in about a week. Mind you, this was the non-technical people answering the questions by what they were told by the technical people. I'm suspicious as well and expect it will take them longer, if ever at all.
Time will tell. Thanks for checking it out!

Just got an update today. Web site is still down and they are working on it. Event Services told me that there will be a plan B from the technical department if the site is not back online by the 04/24 for the Animation Celebration registration. If that is the case, there would most likely be an announcement on the Blog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back