Updated Photobucket Site (so far) has free photo hosting again

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by TonkaToy, Apr 10, 2019.

1. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hi,

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so I chose here.

Those of you who used to use Photobucket to post your pictures in the threads and liked how easy it was, might be pleased to learn that Photobucket seems to have mended their ways.

You may remember that they used to have the BB links available as part of the free account, but then they changed it to only be available to paid subscribers. I was sad when this happened, loved how easy Photobucket was.

Anyway - Photobucket seems to have updated their website (I believe it is still in Beta) and free BB links are included in the free account again. The site is still a little buggy - but I have been able to get the BB links copied into my forum threads and they work just fine!

Hopefully when the site comes out of Beta they will keep this a feature of the free accounts!

2. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I never stopped using it persay(my sig image and the many 52 feature challenge stills I used are still hosted through them), though I only used the direct link with DPF's image code versus using their default bb link for fear of getting locked out. I can only imagine that they lost so much business with the perceived PR snafu they changed it back if to retain some membership...

TonkaToy likes this.
  3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    522   0   0

I wonder if the old images came back?!

4. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

That's a good question!

5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    522   0   0

6. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

starry_solo likes this.
  7. Damiens pins

Damiens pins Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I used to use photobucket but I now use tapatalk to upload photos straight from my phone so much easier

8. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Yes, the TapaTalk upload is great. Often though, I am on the computer, then it doesn't work so well for me. LOL