• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Updated! R/C Girls collection with shadow box! Complete :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated! R/C Girls collection with shadow box! Complete :D

Aquata

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Updated: Well, my collection is officially complete! I snagged Giselle a month ago and I have, as of yesterday, finally got all the girls in a decorative shadow box. I arranged the Reveals on one side and the Conceals on the other. Starting from the top, inner part of the heart, the girls go in order of appearance (Minnie is first for the Reveals followed by Snow White. Daisy is first for the Conceals followed by Alice)
I had some people requesting to see the finished product so without further ado, here it is and thank you so much for all the kind comments. Please pardon the slight blur, my camera is atrocious.

rc1qc.jpg

rc3ml.jpg

rc2h.jpg

(Older, previous images, pre-shadow box)

rapunzel1s.jpg

rcgirls1.jpg

rapunzel2f.jpg

Last edited:
A pretty penny for a pretty pin.

lol right now I wouldn't even compare the pin to a penny of any sort xP But in all honesty, congratulations! I want to see what the pin looks like with the ones so far, but at the same time, I can't help but feel like I want to wait to see them all together. How long has it taken you to get all but one so far?

lol right now I wouldn't even compare the pin to a penny of any sort xP But in all honesty, congratulations! I want to see what the pin looks like with the ones so far, but at the same time, I can't help but feel like I want to wait to see them all together. How long has it taken you to get all but one so far?

Hmm, how about a hefty dollar? xD

I've been trying to get them for the last two years and have really managed to snag most of the big ones this year (Ariel, Belle, Cindy, Aurora...) because I paid off my car and that freed up a lot of funds for me. I'll do another photo after I get Giselle, though I don't know when that will be. Question is, my husband asked if I would put Rapunzel on my lanyard when I go to Disneyland. Should I...? I would use a locking back of course but apart of me wants to frame the set. I want to arrange all the pins in a heart shape and put Rapunzel in the middle and frame it and hang it in a silvery frame with a soft, white fluff background. Dunno what I will do yet. Suggestions?

Congrats hon!! I'm so happy for you, and yes so jealous of you!!! I'm not collecting the whole set, just the ones that belong to movies I collect, but I've found all three of them impossible(Giselle, Mulan, and of course, Rapunzel). When you get Giselle, and you find any others, please keep me in mind!! I only need three more Enchanted pins before I own them all, and she's one of them!! ♥ congrats again hon~!!

Congrats! I wouldn't suggest putting it on a lanyard. Not something that expensive. A frame would be beautiful I'm sure! :)

Thats really good to hear! We got ours in sorta the same way. A friend of a friend was selling his and our friend who also collects rapunzel decided to pass and thought of us first! how swwet is that huh? We paid pretty much half of whats its going for on ebay! (Theres my price, if anyone was interested lol) So the investment was totally worth it! YAY for great Disney Friends and sweet deals!

Hmm, how about a hefty dollar? xD

I've been trying to get them for the last two years and have really managed to snag most of the big ones this year (Ariel, Belle, Cindy, Aurora...) because I paid off my car and that freed up a lot of funds for me. I'll do another photo after I get Giselle, though I don't know when that will be. Question is, my husband asked if I would put Rapunzel on my lanyard when I go to Disneyland. Should I...? I would use a locking back of course but apart of me wants to frame the set. I want to arrange all the pins in a heart shape and put Rapunzel in the middle and frame it and hang it in a silvery frame with a soft, white fluff background. Dunno what I will do yet. Suggestions?
FRAME it for sure! Then totally show it off to us! Congrats! SUPER happy for you!

As much as I think you putting in on your lanyard is awesome, it wouldn't really serve a point. We all know there is no way in the universe you are trading that pin, so pretty much all you are doing is making people jealous, and attracting the wrong type of people who wouldn't put it past themselves to try and steal it, whether that means taking the whole lanyard with it (for over $1,000 I wouldn't put it past someone to threaten you). I'm not trying to scare you, I just think it is really safe in your house, framed for eternity lol xP.

congrats, first of all!!

I also would advise against putting it on a lanyard, since it's such a valuable pin.

And as a side note, i strongly suggest NOT using locking backs for ANY pin, only because they put a dent in the post, and if tightened too much accidentally, can actually break a post off. There are good clasp-backs that work well, they're the old-school metallic back that you would find on older pins. they're called butterfly clutch pin backs.

[thumb]http://www.chevronstore.com/images/2m595SMq1snnRO-IAZwo0AGtGtMf/Military-Clutch-Pin-Back.jpg[/thumb]

Last edited:
Wow congratulations! the rc pins are beautiful ^^ you can get 'hat pin backs' which dont come off and dont damamge the post. personally i would frame that baby

If I wasn't on my phone right now I would definitely put a .gif of people clapping (I'll do it when I get home). YOU GO GLEN COCO (if anyone gets it you rock). Wow! That I just stunning. I'm not a fan of any of the individual pins but that second photo of all of them together (minus Giselle) is really stunning. That set is so pretty I easily see why you're head over heels for it. I've been waiting to see photos for a while though but that set is gorgeous! That set is so fancy you could frame it and keep it with your fine china and it would fit. Congrats, I can't say that enough.

If I wasn't on my phone right now I would definitely put a .gif of people clapping (I'll do it when I get home). YOU GO GLEN COCO (if anyone gets it you rock). Wow! That I just stunning. I'm not a fan of any of the individual pins but that second photo of all of them together (minus Giselle) is really stunning. That set is so pretty I easily see why you're head over heels for it. I've been waiting to see photos for a while though but that set is gorgeous! That set is so fancy you could frame it and keep it with your fine china and it would fit. Congrats, I can't say that enough.

You have me laughing so darn hard right now. "Four for you Glen Coco! YOU GO GLEN COCO!" :rofl:
Thank you, this was like my grail set and seriously, I'm kind of "pinned" out after this for like ... a month xD I'm going to frame the heck out of this set and I totally agree with you, it would be like an art piece o_o

Congrats on getting all of these pins! I'm sure it wasn't easy!
I can't wait to see Giselle with all of the others all together! :)
Congrats again! And I'm rooting for you :wiggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back