USPS “Exception”

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by PixiePost, May 4, 2018.

1. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Has anyone else ever gotten a notification like this? It was out for delivery a few days ago, and then I saw this on AfterShip...

[​IMG]

What does it mean? Why has it been delayed, and for how long? I’m a little nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Honestly, for sanity's sake, I would just call your PO and give them the tracking # and ask them to look it up. Their system will offer more details than the consumer-facing website.

In general, this just means delivery couldn't be completed. But specifically, it could mean anything from "the mailman is hoarding undelivered mail in his attic" to "the machine ate it" to "the item could not be securely delivered so we didn't leave it." Rather than wonder/worry which it is, you're better off just asking if the PO can provide a real answer!

Good luck!

PixiePost and Romancing_Train like this.
  3. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Yeah, that just means there was a hiccup along the way, I wouldn't worry. :)

PixiePost likes this.
  4. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I've had this happen a couple of times with the mail going from the main Denver facility to my Post Office and it seems to happen at the main facility. When I called my Post Office, they hadn't received it yet. Seems to hang in limbo for a couple of days to about a week, but has always shown up eventually. Never got a good explanation what it really meant.

PixiePost likes this.
  5. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Yeah, I've gotten it whenever the target date isn't met. As others said, it just means something happened and it won't be arriving when planned. So far, for me, they always arrive eventually. KNOCK WOOD!!!

PixiePost likes this.