• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Utterly Heartbroken :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly Heartbroken :'(

jennisney

Princess Collector c:
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
As you can probably see..i'm a huge Pocahontas fan and collector. The designer doll is one of my grails...i've been watching a doll on ebay for months and it never gets sold and just gets relisted! I've been saving up my money to buy it for ages by selling unwanted items etc....and I finally had enough to buy it! So I bidded and put a higher bid... and then :'( last 1 second someone outbid me. I'm heartbroken as i've never seen the doll cheaper then it was on ebay, it was £100...so pricey but thats the cheapest i've ever been able to find it :'(! If anyone knows where I can get the doll for a similar price or cheaper please let me know :(! I'm so upset. Just thought i'd vent here :(

I'm so sorry that happened! I wish I could always watch the items I'm bidding on as they end so I could swoop in and bid higher if I needed to, but that isn't always possible and it's happened to me, too.

Here's hoping another one will show up, soon for you!!! :hug:

I'm so sorry that happened! I wish I could always watch the items I'm bidding on as they end so I could swoop in and bid higher if I needed to, but that isn't always possible and it's happened to me, too.

Here's hoping another one will show up, soon for you!!! :hug:

Me too! I was actually watching this Item too, but then someone swooped in last 5 seconds and bid :'(. I was going to try contact the buyer and ask them if I could maybe get the doll if I paid them a few £s extra then what they paid but I cant see them, I can see what they have bought though and it appears that they just buy things to resell :'(! Thank you! I really hope so, my boyfriend just offered to buy me the £200 one, but I said no because I can't justify him or anyone spending that amount of money on me, or for the doll! :(

I've had the exact same thing happen to me on several occasions, there's nothing more annoying than when someone outbids you in the last few seconds and it's by such a small amount. Just remember, good things come to those who wait, and everything happens for a reason. You might be able to find the doll again for a similar price, or even dare I say, lower.

Good luck with tracking the doll down, I know it's one of your grails. And it is such a beautiful doll, like all of them from the set.

Keep faith that someday Designer Pocahontas will belong to you! :) Anya is right that opportunities do pop up from time to time, so just keep an eye out and it should happen. Fortunately, Designer Pocahontas is not one of the most-sougt dolls from the collection, like Designer Ariel, Designer Aurora, or Designer Belle.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! :( As a fellow Designer doll hunter in the UK, I know how uncommon these are on eBay :/ But have faith! :) The three most common on eBay UK seem to be Rapunzel (by the truckload :lol:), Tiana and thankfully, Pocahontas... I know you'll find her for a reasonable price someday! :D

thank you everyone!! I feel like a spoilt child getting so upset over this hehe!! I really hope another pops up soon! this is the only one i've seen on auction for a while, I'm glad she isnt that sought after though so she will never be too expensive!

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! :( As a fellow Designer doll hunter in the UK, I know how uncommon these are on eBay :/ But have faith! :) The three most common on eBay UK seem to be Rapunzel (by the truckload :lol:), Tiana and thankfully, Pocahontas... I know you'll find her for a reasonable price someday! :D

Did you manage to get a jasmine one on ebay? I'm just taking a guess...but there's a few hints you like Jasmine ;) hehe! Yes, it's crazy that there's so many rapunzels popping up, I thought she'd be one of the most popular!!! I do love the Tiana one, she's beautiful ^_^! Thanks!! I really hope I do find her ^_^!

I've had the exact same thing happen to me on several occasions, there's nothing more annoying than when someone outbids you in the last few seconds and it's by such a small amount. Just remember, good things come to those who wait, and everything happens for a reason. You might be able to find the doll again for a similar price, or even dare I say, lower.

Good luck with tracking the doll down, I know it's one of your grails. And it is such a beautiful doll, like all of them from the set.

Yes!! That's the worst!! They outbid me by £2!! I emailed the seller and begged them if there was anyway I could have the doll for £110, But i think thats against ebays rules haha. They havent responded yet though! It's also pretty selfish of me to do, since they might also be a collector. I really hope I do manage to find her ^_^ thank you so much! I'm hoping that when i'm in america I can find one on Ebay america! I know theres one for $150 atm, which is about £100, so here's hoping she doesnt sell and I can get her this summer hehe :D!

Keep faith that someday Designer Pocahontas will belong to you! :) Anya is right that opportunities do pop up from time to time, so just keep an eye out and it should happen. Fortunately, Designer Pocahontas is not one of the most-sougt dolls from the collection, like Designer Ariel, Designer Aurora, or Designer Belle.

Thanks ^_^! I'm really glad she isnt sought after like those, although Belle is probably my favourite out of the collection ^_^! Thanks, i check everyday for newly listed pocahontas items, so hopefully a doll pops up! I have my singing doll coming in the post, so I have her to look forward to ^_^

Do you have a craigslist site where you are? You might be able to find one for a good price via there?

Sorry to hear that :( I hate it when that happens. It happens far too much :( hope you find another.

thanks, I hope who won it treasures the doll and wanted it for a collection, not just a resell! haha x

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( My friend Alex is a big Designer doll collector and I know how stressful it can be to find these dolls in affordable price ranges. Just stay alert on eBay and whatnot, and I'm sure another one will be posted soon at a great price! The best of luck to ya :)

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( My friend Alex is a big Designer doll collector and I know how stressful it can be to find these dolls in affordable price ranges. Just stay alert on eBay and whatnot, and I'm sure another one will be posted soon at a great price! The best of luck to ya :)

Thanks ^-^! I'm hoping another one pops up soon!! :) good luck to your friend too ^_^

I see a "buy it now" for $144. Would that help you? I don't see any on my local Craigslist.

Hi, Thanks! Yes I have seen this one before :)! It is a store model unfortunately so it doesnt come with the card or the sleeve or anything :(! I'm hoping to get one in the UK so the shipping charges arent too much :)! But if not, when I go to live in the US this summer hopefully I can get one on ebay america ^_^! I might get this floor sample too if it's still there when i'm in america and try haggle the price down a bit so I can open the box since she doesnt have the collector slip or anything like that ! Thanks so much for looking though!!!:hug:

Aww sorry to hear that. I'm a big Pocahontas collector myself, and was so hearbroken when I was not able to get the doll. I took time off of work to see if I could buy her online LOL and the website would not load. I was able to get one for about $100 which was annoying. I hope you find yours, she truly is a beauty!

Aww sorry to hear that. I'm a big Pocahontas collector myself, and was so hearbroken when I was not able to get the doll. I took time off of work to see if I could buy her online LOL and the website would not load. I was able to get one for about $100 which was annoying. I hope you find yours, she truly is a beauty!

YAY! I love meeting fellow Pocahontas collectors :)! I hope when im in America this summer I can manage to get her for about $100! I have got money saved to buy her if I ever find her at a reasonable price on ebay hehe! thank you ^_^!

Im so so so so dorry you just lost out on the doll in the last second that is really not fair :( but you never know the seller could give you doll as you just offered a higher bid fingers crossed you find a doll cheap enough and really hope you get the doll next time round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back