• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Very New To Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very New To Forums

stitchfan71

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually, I'm very new to this hobby as I don't even have a pin.

My name is Mike. I just started collecting sports pins. I was looking for more information about pin collecting on various sites when I stumbled upon videos of Disney pin collectors and found this forum. I have to say, I was impressed by the collections I have seen. so much so that I decided I wanted to start a Disney pin collection myself, even though I have never been to Disneyland or World. Doesn't mean I'm not a huge Disney fan.

I would like to start collections of my favorite Disney character:

-Stitch
-Donald
-Tigger
-Goofy

I plan on picking up pins on eBay until I am able to visit one of the Disney parks and pick up some there. I live in NYC and I know they reopened a huge Disney store in Times Square, so I am hoping to find some pins there as well.

I hope I can learn about Disney pin collecting from the experts here and make a ton of friends in the process.

Mike

Welcome and be warned! :p

I've only been here a short while, and I still don't have much of a clue as to what I'm doing except becoming more addicted. But I have a lot of fun. Hope you do to!

Hello there!!!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here!! If you ever need anything please feel free to PM me!

xx

-Jenna

HI! Welcome to the boards. I am new to trading too but it is so fun. If you are going to buy on eBay, be more careful than me and research scrapper and counterfits first or you may get burned. (Like me. :p )

Good luck and I look forward to trading with you someday!

Welcome Mike :) How great that you stumbled upon the forum & from that sprang the idea to collect Disney pins. You'll soon be addicted :facepalm:

Sarah's warning about eBay is valid-as much as there are some counterfeit pins (called scrappers, amongst other names) it can be a valuable resource for those, like you and I, who aren't close to the parks. There is plenty of advice available here as well as sales threads. Facebook also has some pin selling groups.

:D

Welcome! I stumbled across my first pin forum 3 years ago while hunting for a way to display other pin collections I have. I've been hooked ever since! I don't live near a park either. I've obtained the majority of my pins through here and pinpics. I've bought a few off of ebay and will share my own warning.... get educated BEFORE you shop there. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true... it most likely is!

Welcome to the pinsanity!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

What's the best way to educate myself on how to tell a counterfeit pin? When I buy, it would most likely be off a photograph.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone :drool:

Mike

Hi, Mike!

I am pretty new here as well, and have been collecting since December, 2012 (although my daughter has been collecting longer). What was most helpful to me was the information on Pinpics. You will find a plethora of information about most Disney pins there, including scrapper info. The Pinpics forum also has some good info on scrappers/counterfeit pins. I've also read some good tutorials on eBay as well. I have had good and bad experiences buying pins online and I keep a list of sellers that I feel have sold me good pins. There are a whole host of people here more knowledgable than me about scrappers, but you can PM me anytime if you have questions. Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. When you have gotten a few pins, feel free to send me a trade request so we can get you started. Have fun.

Sue

Thanks so much everyone. I spent a part of last night looking at Pin Pics, looking over the Stitch pins as well as the superhero pins (huge Batman and Spider-Man fan), trying to get familiar with what's out there, which is a lot, lol.

As soon as I get a collection going, I will definitely let you guys know. I do love to trade.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back