• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Very saddened by this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very saddened by this

dabidpelix

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got these last week I was happy because they remind me of kingdom hearts, but after reading this forum I checked to see if all my pins are real and sadly I'm positive 2 of these three pins are fake

Now if you look at the front they all look perfectly fine (on my opinion)

But if you look at the back you can see that the on in the middle has a differnt year then the other two and the one on the very right has differnt sized writing then the one on the very left (which I'm certain is the real one) and the middle one says hidden Mickey while the right an left ones say cast lanyard

Attachments

• image-251080121.jpg
    image-251080121.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 198
  • image-136838113.jpg
    image-136838113.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 197
oh boy. well dont be so sad. This happens. If it makes you smile and didnt pay much and your not trading them off to others, enjoy them. They are cute. they look like happy candy. Live and learn

I would definitely let the experts check these out first. Some of these pins had authorized differences on them. Myself the middle one is most suspect because the mickey head, disney china, and "hidden mickey pin 2 of 2" all touch. If I remember they should have some space between them. However; the fronts look good. Is there any dips, or brush strokes? I can't make out the years but that would definitely raise some alarms.
Sorry, if they are I hate scrappers, unauthorized, 2nd runs etc what ever you want to call them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately hidden mickeys have always been scrapped/counterfitted whatever you want to call it. Compare your pins to these to see if yours somewhat matches:
[pinpics]51305[/pinpics]
[pinpics]42006[/pinpics]
[pinpics]41188[/pinpics]

after looking through pinpics there was a re release of these so now im pretty sure only the one where the hidden mickey logo, disney china, and the pin trading logo touch is the only one thats fake. glad i found this forum everyone is so helpful and nice lol

In comparison to ours, the one in the midde and on the right look awfully suspicious. This is when Disney was going from Cast Lanyard Series to Hidden Mickey Series so it's not suprising to see that difference. However, the pin on the left if you notice the Cast Lanyard Series box is much bigger than the one on the right and much easier to read. It looks like the one on the right is crammed together. The pin in the middle I am 100% certain that this pin is a fake. Nothing on the back should touch anything else and it looks like, in the picture, that everything touches everything else (stop touching me). So, in conclusion, I would be cautious trading the pin in the middle and the pin on the right.

there are a few things that u need to look out for when tring to see if HM pins are real or not. One thing to keep in mind is that most fake pins will have a few things wrong. The pins that just have one small thing wrong are more likely to b a real pin and a mistake that got by the QA dept. So with that said. try to find as many things wrong as u can. Lets take the NBC jack candy corn hm for ex: This pin when fake.. will have many of these things wrong. 1. the color is wrong. 2. the mickey head is wrong size or has blured edges. 3. pin is thin. 4. back of pin has stamp real thick. seems to stick out and b real easy to feel.

the real pin is thick and has a clean nice HM head. on the back the logos are smooth and do not stick up very much.

so i would get your pins out and start to look step by step for these things... start on the front and look at all the colors...than look at all the mickey heads... than see if they are all the same size thickness... next flip it over and look at the back stamps... make sure the numbers are the same and that the logo is not rased up.

that should help a little. if u have ???? please let me know
thank you
KT
"Its All about The Pins"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back