• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Vinylmation collector new to pin collecting/trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinylmation collector new to pin collecting/trading

MCoryB

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone. :)

I'm Cory, a 37 year old gay male from Tennessee, and I'll be going to WDW in September with my mom and my partner, Carlo.

Last year, Carlo and I went to the World for several days and had an amazing time! So this year we decided to go back and take Mom, who hasn't been there since 1979.

When in Florida last year, I came home with at least a dozen Vinylmations and later bought several more on eBay and a few New York ones in Times Square. So this year, I think I'll take about a half-dozen or so with me that I don't really care about and try to trade them in the parks. I only did a couple trades while there last year, so I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to get some I like more.

So this got me to thinking perhaps pin collecting and trading might be something fun my mom and I can do this year. I first considered buying one of those bulk lots on eBay but then learned all about scrappers and counterfeit pins, luckily before I made any purchases. Instead, I read about a reputable seller, bzzybee1, and a reputable site, MousePinsOnline.com, from which I'll probably buy 25 to take with us and get us started.

I do have one question, though: Would it be acceptable to just carry these trading pins with us in a Zip-loc bag within our backpack or Mom's purse, and then put the ones we get from the trades on a lanyard to wear ... or is there some better way we should carry the ones we'll be trading?

We're not going to go crazy with the collecting; I just want us to have another Disney tradition to experience and maybe fill a cork board with these to remember the trip once we get home. :)

Hi Cory
Welcome DPF!!I would not put those in a ziploc baggie..they get banging together and they would get scratched up...maybe a small pinbag or a hipbellypack to put them in
or on a lanyard

Judy

Hi and welcome Cory! :wavey:
I agree with Judy. Even if you wanna get a few cheap lanyards from a 99 cent/dollar store near you to keep all your pins organized. You'd be surprised how easily they scratch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back