• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Vinylmation pins in 3D???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinylmation pins in 3D???

hearts48

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Just why? I'm guessing that these new pins are made of the rubbery 3D that is on many pins. In time, these elements fall off. We have collected a few vinylmation pins, and we're really not so fond of the 3D element. Collectors and non-collectors of vinylmation pins, would like to hear your thoughts...

Some pins are featured on ODPT.com in the "upcoming pins" section.

Last edited:
You know, I just got a couple of trades, the no walking/walk and the Sushi one. My husband and I both looked at them, like hmmm????

Sushi one will just get dirty and the don't walk/walk one will probably come un-glued. I won't need anymore of these. :-(

A large portion of my collection is vinylmation, but these will not be found on my boards...I agree with jessta, why couldnt they create new art for them, also, part of the fun of vinylmation to me is the mystery pack aspect and trying to track down those elusive pins to complete each set.

As you know Max is a huge Vinyl collector. Not only with Vinyls but any pins that have this type of element always tend to have problems down the line. Max also collects Star Wars and one of the pins has the 3 planets in raised rubber. I dont know how many I have seen missing at leasy one planet let alone all 3. I also agree that they need to keep it fresh. NEW ART!

And while we have many pin boards, Max's Star Wars & Vinyle are kept in books and I can see that these will not last long in a book.

Oh geez! I can't believe they are doing this. I collect vinyls and have been so intent on getting them all. I think this is where I draw the line. I guess I will just have to see them in person though, but I'm not super excited about them.

YAWN! didnt think vinylmation could get worse...was wrong..

could this be the way to stop sracpper vinylmation pins if the 3D element is popular....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back