• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Vinylmation trading in the parks

VINYL Vinylmation trading in the parks

Vickie2011

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.. Can someone tell me the rules about vinlymation trading in the parks.. My daughter would like to do this when we go back to Disney... Does the Disney Store sell them or ever put them on sale? Also are the plain color ones not tradeable that Dinsey store has on sale? I would love to find some 5.00 ones for her..

From our experience and knowledge, ALL Vinylmation figures are tradable, you just have to find the right person who wants it. And Trading these figures aren't that difficult in the parks. Some people trade at the pin tables or on a bench or near a planter. Or the D-Street disney store in Downtown Disney. Guests usually have large transparent containers with the figures inside, not hard to spot. I know the Disney Store sells them both onlline and instore (ONLY certain locations though.) I'm not sure if they sell the plain colors but they do have the latest series of the figures and such. As for 5 dollar vinylmation figures, I wish you the best of luck.

Hope we've helped!

IsaacandAmanda

question

From our experience and knowledge, ALL Vinylmation figures are tradable, you just have to find the right person who wants it. And Trading these figures aren't that difficult in the parks. Some people trade at the pin tables or on a bench or near a planter. Or the D-Street disney store in Downtown Disney. Guests usually have large transparent containers with the figures inside, not hard to spot. I know the Disney Store sells them both onlline and instore (ONLY certain locations though.) I'm not sure if they sell the plain colors but they do have the latest series of the figures and such. As for 5 dollar vinylmation figures, I wish you the best of luck.

Hope we've helped!

IsaacandAmanda

Are the ones on ebay good to trade? Sometimes I see deals 5-8 when you buy a huge lot.. that is what they end up costing a piece? The plain color ones are on sale at the disneystore.com That is what I am talking about when I say 5.00 also.

I wouldn't be able to tell you, I've only bought one off ebay and it wasn't a regular vinylmation. It was Park Starz Figure. But I've heard of knock-off vinylmation figures but I'm not sure those are true. So I'm pretty sure They are good to trade. They could be just junk to someone and theyre trying to get rid of the figures. And certain figures range in price, anywhere from 7 or 8 dollars to 115. If it's higher than 30, don't bid or buy. Trust me. Not worth it.

I just looked at the DS online and saw the plain colors and such. Any vinylmation figure is good for trade, but the trade must be worthy and fair of course, be careful though. These little guys are like children to some people and the other trader might rip you off.

IsaacandAmanda

I went to a Disney Outlet and bought a handful of 5 for $10 Vinyls for trading with cast members. The outlet vinyls were the sea creatures window box vinyls (they also had occupations, celebrations, zodiac, 40th ann, and chinese zodiac). I think others caught on to this as every mystery box trader I'd go to, I'd pick 3 or 4 numbers and they were all window box vinyls. Then at Tomorrow Land Star Traders the lady wouldn't let my wife trade her Octopus vinyl because it was an window box vinyl....and that you are only allowed to trade closed box vinyls. So we went to Downtown Disney and luckily traded them all in for random Urban series stuff so we don't run into that problem again. LESSON LEARNED!

*snip*Then at Tomorrow Land Star Traders the lady wouldn't let my wife trade her Octopus vinyl because it was an window box vinyl....and that you are only allowed to trade closed box vinyls. So we went to Downtown Disney and luckily traded them all in for random Urban series stuff so we don't run into that problem again. LESSON LEARNED!*snip*
I
don't think that's correct.
not saying you're lying, I mean she was wrong.
all I buy is the career and open box ones normally, because I can get them cheaper, 5 for 20

the only vinylmations you can't trade are the blank ones.

Are the ones on ebay good to trade? Sometimes I see deals 5-8 when you buy a huge lot.. that is what they end up costing a piece? The plain color ones are on sale at the disneystore.com That is what I am talking about when I say 5.00 also.

Be careful with ebay. A good rule is to never buy from someone in Hong Kong or Asia. They tend to be scrappers. I've bought some of my collection and a trader lot off ebay. I usually message a person to ask about the vinyls, like how they got them and if they only show a stock photo, I always ask for real photos before purchasing.

The blank colored vinyls are called create your own, and technically they are not tradeable in the parks. However from time to time you get a cast member that does not know the rules and you can trade them. However its not really nice for the next person that gets it.

If you are unable to get to a Disney outlet for vinylmations then you can wait for Disneyshopping to do their semi-annual clearance. However, the ones that go on clearance sell quickly, and keep in mind it will be nearly impossible to trade discounted vinylmations with other collectors. You best bet for trading in the parks is to take the vinlys you have and hit the vinylmation trading stations found throughout the park. The best trading locations are the mystery trading stations found at Off the Page, Tower of Terror and D Street. Here you get to pick a randon number and trade your vinyl for the one behind that number--at least that is the way it is supposed to go, but D street is the only place where the rules are consistent. Also, keep in mind you are only allowed to do these trades once a day. If you don't mind spending a few extra dollars you have a much better chance at getting the vinlys you want by trading with the regulars who station themselves in front of D street. Many of them will be more than happy to trade with you something out of their collection (except for variants, LE's and chasers) for an unopened box of the most recently released blind box series, or possibly a reject vinyl that you don't want from a blind box you opened yourself.

Disneypirate

The resorts are also good places to trade. In an open box at the Polynisian resort I got Boba Fett and luke and I learned someone got the ghost Obi-Wan super chaser was in the open box at an All Star resort.

Back